Official Junk, Overpriced, etc. Thread

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Only if it had "Serial No. 000001" on the tag :roll: . What a joke.......

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/2003708545.html

Whelen Dual Talon - $120 (Louisville)

Date: 2010-10-13, 9:07AM EDT

Reply to: sale-bmw4s-2003708545@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have two Whelen Dual Talon dash lights for sale

One is Red/Red, the other is Blue/Blue

i am asking $120 FIRM, or will trade both for firearms.

Email me if interested.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2003708545
The seller is very quick to reply to emails, but appears to be mildly passive-aggressive.

As I found this ad on the Indianapolis Craigslist section, I offered to drive 2.5 hours to meet him anywhere in Indianapolis.

Apparently he thought I was calling him out for posting the same item for sale in several different Craigslist sections. This was the final email I received from him:

popham01@gmail.com said:
listen jackass, its called marketing. i advertise my products in indianapolis, louisville, nashville, and lexington. this helps me sell the lights and equipment to people within two hours of my location. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS OR I WILL REPORT IT AS HARASSMENT TO THE POLICE. Have a good day.
Beware of this seller.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I love it when people threaten to go to the police when they ahve no real idea about what the law says. Not to mention if the police in Indy are anything like my department, we are to busy to worry about someone online in a different state harrasing someone over a freaking craiglist ad.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
shues said:
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/for/2003708545.html

The seller is very quick to reply to emails, but appears to be mildly passive-aggressive.

As I found this ad on the Indianapolis Craigslist section, I offered to drive 2.5 hours to meet him anywhere in Indianapolis.

Apparently he thought I was calling him out for posting the same item for sale in several different Craigslist sections. This was the final email I received from him:

Beware of this seller.

Not that I am saying to do this... but it would be funny if a bunch of people contacted him and asked him why it was listed in multiple places....

D

Donslockkey

They look painted to me to. There is a company here in rapid city that call themselve "Jones Party Bus", They bought a 1970 something ambulance and installed a jet sonic on the front and painted the lenses john deere green. It has the same effect you can see the light being reflected back into the bar.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
hawkspringsfire said:

I saw that the other day, but what is so high priced about that? The controller is correct as you can see the 9-PIN serial cable and the brain as the same control 9-PIN plug. That is the GE controlled version and I have only seen them on eBay with just the brain box, not with the controller & cable. I do not know however if it can work with out the radio as a stand alone SS2000 and how they are programmed. So it may be an expensive paper weight, but maybe not to someone that knows about them.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/install/255238.pdf

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
toon80 said:
I guess one must feel pretty insecure to have to have 2 roof lightbars :roll:

Code:
Im asking 700.00 for everything including the gutter mounts

But guys he is including the gutter mounts, those have to make up about 300-400 dollars of the cost of the lightbar.

May 21, 2010
Corbin, Kentucky
Wow was surfing youtube and found some summit racing videos that made me throw up in my mouth a bit.

Looks like some cheap fleamarket christmas lights.

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
K9Vic said:
I saw that the other day, but what is so high priced about that? The controller is correct as you can see the 9-PIN serial cable and the brain as the same control 9-PIN plug. That is the GE controlled version and I have only seen them on eBay with just the brain box, not with the controller & cable. I do not know however if it can work with out the radio as a stand alone SS2000 and how they are programmed. So it may be an expensive paper weight, but maybe not to someone that knows about them.

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/install/255238.pdf
You're telling me that is the correct controller for the SS2000? It looks like a radio head to me.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
hawkspringsfire said:
You're telling me that is the correct controller for the SS2000? It looks like a radio head to me.
GE Orion radios can control the SS2000GE via the orion radio control head.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Strange here: 1 Dominion Automotive inner parts with a Beacon Ray Tag light being sold as a Beacon Ray for 275$ :eek:

What do you guys think about this weird marriage...

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_357.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
John, didya see who the holder/seller of that halogen bulb is? It's Michael DeBaker, the guy who was booted off a former elightbars board for typing posts in all caps and literally refusing not to when asked. If you send him a question about an eBay auction he has, he still replies in all caps and is very condescending. I've asked about some of his stuff before and he won't give accurate answers to the questions. Also, he had the wrong pic of a lens once and when I tried to tell him about it, he threw a fit and said he knew damn well what type of lenses he has for sale. Apparently not.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
03crownvic said:
John, didya see who the holder/seller of that halogen bulb is? It's Michael DeBaker, the guy who was booted off a former elightbars board for typing posts in all caps and literally refusing not to when asked. If you send him a question about an eBay auction he has, he still replies in all caps and is very condescending. I've asked about some of his stuff before and he won't give accurate answers to the questions. Also, he had the wrong pic of a lens once and when I tried to tell him about it, he threw a fit and said he knew damn well what type of lenses he has for sale. Apparently not.

It wasn't just the caps issue he was booted for. There were issues with him rebuilding and reselling whelen items and using their name. He also was just plain nasty to people. I tried to buy a mini edge from him and specified the current generation of corner strobes... out of nowhere he went off on a rant telling me that J tubes were better, I didn't know what I was talking about and that's all he would sell me. He's one of the few people who I will not give a clean slate to.

Now back to ebay rip offs....

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.