Official Response video thread is now a subsection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
Well im gona miss her. haha. Seat belt for sure.

there needs to be a response section. Like the installs section. easier to look at each thread instead of sorting through multiple comments and pages to find videos.

Az_Medic

Mar 30, 2011
US AZ
I really don't understand the need to run code to a LZ when a safety officer is on scene with a engine or rescue, and the flight crew has landed just prior to arrival. I might had been seeing things but at 1:38 it looks like you passed on the right for a vehicle that appeared it wanted to turn left. Kinda dangerous because you don't know if that vehicle might had moved to the shoulder when he saw you right behind him.

Looks good though.....

Decklights

May 24, 2010
Clearfield, PA
AZ, Never passed a vehicle on the shoulder, that vehicle was turning onto the interstate, it is 2 lanes there. I hit alot of the rumble strips. also your right about the seat belt normally do where one

Last edited by a moderator:

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
Auto Accident - station response.

This was from last night. We can not run sirens with blue lights here in PA :(

Rescue responds at 4:30. Video is pretty much over by 4:50, but I don't know how to clip the videos before uploading them to YouTube, sorry!

Chris

silverunicorn

Jun 25, 2010
USA / PA
theroofable said:
I have seen some of your other videos on youtube before. Why no more in cab videos?

I was asked by the Chief to not take them anymore. Did not get a specific reason other than liability issues.

I have ideas, but I will keep them to myself, LOL.

Chris

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Livonia EMS ALS response:

Not sure if this one is public or not... Livonia Fire responding to a fire/multiple explosions (mutual aid):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683943505277

If that link doesn't work, I can post it elsewhere.

I can't take credit for taking either video, but that is my department.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
theroofable said:
Cool, you should be able to change the pattern on the lightbar then :p

Isn't there some standard which all ambulances have to meet with lighting patterns in the US?

IF so, I cannot see a pattern where all the forward lights are off (even briefly) would meet that reg...

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
theroofable said:

That would require there being a pattern in the first place. There is none. It's very rare for me to see a non-sync'd setup that I like, and this ain't one of them.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
theroofable said:

Nah, I'm a probie.

unlisted said:
Isn't there some standard which all ambulances have to meet with lighting patterns in the US?

IF so, I cannot see a pattern where all the forward lights are off (even briefly) would meet that reg...

I agree the pattern could use some work.

The dash light is never off.

nerdly_dood said:
That would require there being a pattern in the first place. There is none. It's very rare for me to see a non-sync'd setup that I like, and this ain't one of them.

Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing, but it looks to me as if the top lights and the grille lights are synced.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
MEVS06 said:
No they dont move because your truck doesnt say in huge letters "CDG" Cartel Del Golfo for everyone who doesnt know what that means. So they have no reason to be scared or in a hurry since they dont have to fear for there life or that you are gonna kidnap them and torture them so thats the problem....

LMAO! :crackup:

James

Jan 29, 2012
Bellmawr, Ney Jersey
Station 3 said:
Thanks john for making this okay this is me responding to a large grass next to a residence. "this is my first time posting something on youtube be nice im not good at this computer stuff"

lets see. i hear... seat belt alarm, a strobe dash light, and a smart sirem! am i right? haha

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
James said:
lets see. i hear... seat belt alarm, a strobe dash light, and a smart sirem! am i right? haha

200 Watt smart siren yes. No seatbelt YES, and NO i dont have any dash light i do have 8 hide away strobes in my truck and a full interior LED lightbar wig wags LED grill lights and 4 LED lights in my rear of my truck and also 2 LIN4 LEDs in my front bumper aimed to the sides for intersection.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Station 3 said:
200 Watt smart siren yes. No seatbelt YES, and NO i dont have any dash light i do have 8 hide away strobes in my truck and a full interior LED lightbar wig wags LED grill lights and 4 LED lights in my rear of my truck and also 2 LIN4 LEDs in my front bumper aimed to the sides for intersection.

I heard a radar detector as well.. :p

And rotate your video 90 degrees... thats annoying!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
silverunicorn said:
I was asked by the Chief to not take them anymore. Did not get a specific reason other than liability issues.

I have ideas, but I will keep them to myself, LOL.

Chris

Would it have something to do with the driving skills, or lack thereof, of some of the apparatus operators, and how the chief doesn't want that on camera?

VASLights

Feb 1, 2012
New York
I have a large collection of dashcam videos but this I find entertaining and hope you guys do as well. It takes place in NYC the night after the 2010 Blizzard. Hours after the last flake fell, the streets were still horrible slowing response times.

I was responding to a cardiac arrest for my vollunteer ambulance company and it took nearly 4x longer than it should have. You can see the cars blocking most roads and nyc mta buses all over abandoned blocking many intersection. Good news was that the pt was revived but ultimately expired in the ER later that night.

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
have no clue why they are driving so slowly. Honestly, learn to drive in the snow. We roll code a lot faster than that in Maine, with a lot more snow. They are being too cautious.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
1. We have a dedicated response thread - http://elightbars.org/forums/f35/official-response-video-thread-9965/

2. There isn't that much snow on the ground... I'd take one of my 2WD Ambulances in that...

3. Regardless of the Road Condistions, you blew threw 4 red lights. Then used your siren to clear the intersection where you had the green...

I think someone needs to go back to EVOC...

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
charlie82 said:
have no clue why they are driving so slowly. Honestly, learn to drive in the snow. We roll code a lot faster than that in Maine, with a lot more snow. They are being too cautious.

This happens all of the time in PA, it's like people forget that we are a "Northern-ish" state and do tend to get some snow in the winter. So far it's been fairly mild, but two weeks ago we got like 4 inches. People were clearing out the supermarkets the night before, and driving slow as hell when it started falling. It's just a little bit of snow people, c'mon!

Last winter I got out of work in the middle of a storm, and since it was 2200, the plows had pretty much given up for the night, so I was driving on roads with about a foot of snow on them. Stick it in 4WD and go, not that hard. Of course it helps to have BFG A/T's, lol...

The main problem is that most people can't drive worth a shit to begin with, add something like snow and their brain just shuts down...

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
TritonBoulder47 said:
3. Regardless of the Road Condistions, you blew threw 4 red lights. Then used your siren to clear the intersection where you had the green...

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Roll through red lights with no siren, then come up to a green and "Woop Woop!"

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
no flash back from warning lights must mean no warninglights were used?

VASLights

Feb 1, 2012
New York
TritonBoulder47 said:
1. We have a dedicated response thread - http://elightbars.org/forums/f35/official-response-video-thread-9965/

2. There isn't that much snow on the ground... I'd take one of my 2WD Ambulances in that...

I think someone needs to go back to EVOC...

I understand the confusion, however there was about 2ft of snow on the ground, and we didn’t have snow tires. I’m sure in Maine the city doesn’t get crippled from 3ft of snow. This storm however wasn’t the real story. The main problem was that the NYC Sanitation Dept decided to get back at the Mayor because he just laid off hundreds of them, so they didn’t plow anything for hours in an attempt to make him look bad. (That backfired though) By the time their plows started rolling, they too were getting stuck. You may not realize that many of the streets were supposed to be 4 lanes across but where down to just the center/median and remained that way for days. By the end of that night, we had to start transporting pts in suvs because many of the buses were not moving.

As for the red lights, you may not have noticed but the side streets were all 2ft deep and were only snow banks, so there was no cross traffic possible no matter what you were driving. We had to park our vehicles a block or 2 away from the calls because the side roads were impassable. My partner and I had to carry a dialysis pt in APE a block to our suv just to transport him. I saw videos of Fire Engines stuck. So no we weren’t concerned with cross traffic on those side streets. It was the few main avenues that were somewhat clear and being that for the most part emergency vehicles where the only ones on the road, GREEN or Red was irrelevant, hence the "woop woops" at GREEN.

It truly was an unbelievable site. In my 30+yrs, I have never, nor do I think I will ever see the city as bad as it was then. It really was the perfect storm. Heavy snowfall compounded by politics as usual.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Uhm, yeah, you totally didn't get anything from my post... Like I said, regardless of road conditions, you still need to abide by the rules of Emergency Vehicle Operation... But its obvious that you aren't getting it...

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
Rofocowboy84 said:
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Roll through red lights with no siren, then come up to a green and "Woop Woop!"

You have to understand the side streets off of main roads didn't see a plow for days. If you see on isthe video every time he passes the red light there is a wall of snow and a street with 2ft plus of unplowed snow. With it being late at night and considering the fact that no cars would be coming from any of these streets I dont think it was such a bad idea to roll through.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
iceman4122 said:
You have to understand the side streets off of main roads didn't see a plow for days. If you see on isthe video every time he passes the red light there is a wall of snow and a street with 2ft plus of unplowed snow. With it being late at night and considering the fact that no cars would be coming from any of these streets I dont think it was such a bad idea to roll through.
I agree with this. Not only the fact that nothing could drive there, it would be illegal for them to. If it was a state of emergency, it would be illegal to drive, and if they did bump into another car, it would be the car with the green would be at fault.

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
theroofable said:
I agree with this. Not only the fact that nothing could drive there, it would be illegal for them to. If it was a state of emergency, it would be illegal to drive, and if they did bump into another car, it would be the car with the green would be at fault.
In my town the day of the bizzard no one was moving on any streets. I was cali rolling all the stop signs and red lights.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
iceman4122 said:

ooo.. sorry.. I gotta toss in my two cents...

2 feet of unplowed snow?? I'll drive right through that "wall" (heck, I've "plowed" through 3+ feet of snow before..) with my mustang... its all about the snow tires, and some good speed. (and sometimes "drifting" through it as well.. heh) If I had a green light and a 2-3 foot wall of snow like that in front of me, I wouldn't be even thinking of stopping... or slowing down.

2 feet in my area is quite common, and I've only been stopped by one snowbank in the past 3 years with my mustang. That one was taller than the car. (I used a shovel to make a dent than hammered through it as well)

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
unlisted said:
ooo.. sorry.. I gotta toss in my two cents...

2 feet of unplowed snow?? I'll drive right through that "wall" (heck, I've "plowed" through 3+ feet of snow before..) with my mustang... its all about the snow tires, and some good speed. (and sometimes "drifting" through it as well.. heh) If I had a green light and a 2-3 foot wall of snow like that in front of me, I wouldn't be even thinking of stopping... or slowing down.

2 feet in my area is quite common, and I've only been stopped by one snowbank in the past 3 years with my mustang. That one was taller than the car. (I used a shovel to make a dent than hammered through it as well)
Ok you do that and run into the ambulance. Have fun with the ticket for driving during a state of emergency. I never said you couldnt drive through it, but you would have some explaining to do. Not saying I would have driven the same way as him either, but thats another story.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
theroofable said:
Ok you do that and run into the ambulance. Have fun with the ticket for driving during a state of emergency. I never said you couldnt drive through it, but you would have some explaining to do. Not saying I would have driven the same way as him either, but thats another story.

Sorry last time I checked ANY emergency vehicle can ONLY proceed if the way is clear- having some "snowbanks" and a SOLID RED light for the EV (seeing as the vehicle in question is not a ambulance)does not give that right, state of emergency or not.

Its one thing to blow through a red light with lights and sirens, its another w/o even using a siren, or making sure the way is clear- snowbanks or not.

All the explaining I would have to do is this- I had a green light, the emergency vehicle (pov, etc) NEVER even stopped to make sure cross traffic was stopped.

Now, with all this said, if I was about to bust through a snowbank on a green light and saw a vehicle with warning lights approaching an intersection, I would stop. Legally, they would have to ask well, until it was safe to proceed. (ie: make sure all cross traffic has come to a complete stop)

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Livingston County Sheriff and NYSP respond to a possible GSW:

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Jarred J. said:
attention watchers...

mute the audio after 3 minutes unless you want to hear a diesel engine running for 6 minutes.

are you responding with no lights?

all i heard was a pager call and what was the nature of the call, camera in a bag? :bonk:

Yeah yeah, probably could have killed the video once I got there. Nothing worth listening to a Spartan idle for 3 minutes, lol.

Nah, I had my lights on. The call was a report of a structure fire.

nightwolf

Oct 26, 2011
US Northeast
vonirkinshtine said:
Yeah yeah, probably could have killed the video once I got there. Nothing worth listening to a Spartan idle for 3 minutes, lol.

Nah, I had my lights on. The call was a report of a structure fire.

you have red lights right? pretty sure you went through a red light, are you technically allowed to without a siren?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.