Official Response video thread is now a subsection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
nightwolf said:
you have red lights right? pretty sure you went through a red light, are you technically allowed to without a siren?

Yes, I have "red lights" in my truck. And yes, I did go through a stop light around 2:27 in the video. No, we're not permitted to do that and, in fact, it's a bad habit that many people have...especially when following behind an apparatus. It wasn't my brightest moment when I realized where the engine was going. Yes, I messed up on that one.

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
vonirkinshtine said:
Yes, I have "red lights" in my truck. And yes, I did go through a stop light around 2:27 in the video. No, we're not permitted to do that and, in fact, it's a bad habit that many people have...especially when following behind an apparatus. It wasn't my brightest moment when I realized where the engine was going. Yes, I messed up on that one.

Well I commend you on "fessing up" when you were approached about it. It shows responsibility. Instead of going off on "it's common around here blah blah blah.." Good job. The only thing I will say is PLEASE be more careful!! I would hate to hear of anything bad happening to anyone here due to a not so bright moment.

Is NC a courtesy light state?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
vonirkinshtine said:

what's up with the Camero between you and the engine?

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Fluffy126577 said:
Well I commend you on "fessing up" when you were approached about it. It shows responsibility. Instead of going off on "it's common around here blah blah blah.." Good job. The only thing I will say is PLEASE be more careful!! I would hate to hear of anything bad happening to anyone here due to a not so bright moment.

Is NC a courtesy light state?

I know what happens when people get defensive around here, lol. I've learned all too well (here and in the "real world") that it's WAY easier to just fess up. The whoopin' isn't nearly as bad then if you try and hide it or cover it up.

Yes, NC is a courtesy light state (chiefs can run sirens).

rwo978 said:
what's up with the Camero between you and the engine?

The Camero was another one of our members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.