On The Workbench, Part 2

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
In addition to the Smith and Wesson bar, I've been working on this Jetsonic that came from upstate NY. I've already completely rewired it, the wires inside were split and green (mold? salt water?). Its a wonder that it didn't burn up the patrol unit it was mounted on. I changed the front take downs to alternately flash, and put in red and blue filters...b/b/b/r-r/b/b/b.  The rear was r/r/r/r-b/b/b/b, so i changed the rear flashers to amber...r/a/r/r-b/b/a/b. 

Last, the siren housing (removed in the pic) looks like someone dripped goo on it, so it needs to be repainted and the domes need more TLC. Need to find a couple of new Jetsonic nameplates to finish her up. 

IMG_2387.JPG

Reactions: stansdds and jph2

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Even though their output is abysmal, there's no arguing that Jetsonics are awesome from a collecting standpoint. All the lense and inside configurations make them among the most fun to play around with. 

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Even though their output is abysmal, there's no arguing that Jetsonics are awesome from a collecting standpoint. All the lense and inside configurations make them among the most fun to play around with. 
I agree!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.