Paramedic POV/ Demo Vehicle 2010 Sienna

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
PJH said:
-Fail to yield to law enforcement (see above example)

I'm not going to get into this whole debate, other than to say there are instances where EMS is more (much more) vital at the scene than LE. I do not believe anywhere in NYS V&TL it says any emergency vehicle must yield to another emergency vehicle. Now, I've been responding to MVAs before with the FD and had a paramedic flycar come up behind us, and we've moved over. That makes sense. EMS moving over for LE on the way to a CPR in progress call? Doesn't make sense. Now, maybe that wasn't the case, but you see my point.

Moving over for a higher level of care makes sense. Moving over for a lower level of care? Not unless that lower level of care is going to provide scene safety. If the scene is already safe, or presumed safe, forget about it (if we get there first and it isn't, we'll wait for you).

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
PJH said:
Well, here is the deal. Long time members here know my stance on this, but I'll relay it again. If your not from the immediate NYC/NNJ area, it may be a foreign concept, but here we go.

Hatzolah EMS is a volunteer Jewish EMS response organization. They are most prevelant in the NYC, northern New Jersey area. The medics tend to be pretty decent, many EMTs not so much. Between the NYC culture, and the Orthodox Jewish culture, things get interesting.

New York law provides for volunteer EMS members to be equipped with green lights only with no right of way rights. New York law also allows for red lights/sirens to EMT-B, EMT-I and EMT-P's PROVIDED that their vehicle is inspected by the department of health and allowed by the EMS agency policy. Its NOT a given right.

By law (last time I checked) they are required to display the NYS Inspection sticker on their vehicle, but you never seen one (in violation of the code).

(NJ and most other states are simialar but NJ runs blue instead of green just like the fighterfighters with no ROW rights).

Now, in 99% of New York State, just about everyone is allowed the green lights and not so much red lights are used by "rank and file". For whatever reason, Hatzolah management tends to hand out the "permits" like candy to just about everyone. We have (and I personally) have seen CFR's who can only drive an ambulance to rabbi's with no medical training running l/s to calls, and usually in a haphazard manner. Not all, but all I have personally seen is 0-90. In fact, in my county working the desk one day our undersheriff was litterly in pursuit of a hatzolah members land crusier who was doing 95mph to a call.... The call was a 20 year old "not feeling well" with a headache. Not really a life/death situation.

Red is offically the only allowed color, but since police have been allowed to run blue to the rear, hatzolah members (as well as some other services) started running blue all over like its the new model of the iPhone.

With the amout of cash flowing in the Jewish community and the Hatzolah members, there is no shortage of people completly wacking out their Suburbans and minivans. It amazes me how NYPD can get thru Manhattan with a dash light and wigwags but the personal cars require no less than 20 LEDs, multiple sirens, airhorns etc.

Basically, with the connections, the reglious angle and political connections, they go almost unchecked and run wild. Any one of us in a volunteer capacity would have our balls cut off in about 10 seconds.

I wish the video of the "Red Light Rabbi" was still up on the web. Kinda shows the point I am making.

Personally, I don't see the "Demo/POV" story, but I could be wrong. Everytime I have heard that line I see if running multiple color lights to calls vs the state authorized colors.

Mr. "PJH" I don't know what your problem is. First start by introducing yourself. The Rocky Mountains are quite far from the NYC Area. I'm pretty sure that there were no Hatzalah personal responding to the Rocky's. So first update your status area.

I like to stay away from all the little silly arguments, but I won't stay quiet when someone is misquoting people and/or making things up.

Hatzalah is authorized by the NYS DOH. Each responding unit has proper equipment approved by the NYS DOH. A small fact, the NYS DOH

has the right to pull over any vehicle that has a DOH Certification sticker, including POV's.

Hatzalah will not allow a unit to respond to a job unless they have a DOH Sticker affixed to their car.

In regards to your blatant antisemitism of volunteers "responding to their Rabbis" take your trash somewhere else. Here @ ELB we try to respect one another.

One last thing, when was the last time you saw an NYPD car with just a dash light and wig-wags?

A basic NYPD car has: Smart Vector, Wig wags, FS Led Hideaways, FS Grill lights (i forget which one)

2 R/B Viper's in rear, Rear wigwags, and those new $3,500 stupid message boards.

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
LLS said:
Mr. "PJH" I don't know what your problem is. First start by introducing yourself. The Rocky Mountains are quite far from the NYC Area. I'm pretty sure that there were no Hatzalah personal responding to the Rocky's. So first update your status area.

I like to stay away from all the little silly arguments, but I won't stay quiet when someone is misquoting people and/or making things up.

Hatzalah is authorized by the NYS DOH. Each responding unit has proper equipment approved by the NYS DOH. A small fact, the NYS DOH

has the right to pull over any vehicle that has a DOH Certification sticker, including POV's.

Hatzalah will not allow a unit to respond to a job unless they have a DOH Sticker affixed to their car.

In regards to your blatant antisemitism of volunteers "responding to their Rabbis" take your trash somewhere else. Here @ ELB we try to respect one another.

One last thing, when was the last time you saw an NYPD car with just a dash light and wig-wags?

A basic NYPD car has: Smart Vector, Wig wags, FS Led Hideaways, FS Grill lights (i forget which one)

2 R/B Viper's in rear, Rear wigwags, and those new $3,500 stupid message boards.

and hatzalah doesn't pay for any lights and sirens on pov its the member spending his own money and once you become a back up unit or a first response unit you have to install in you car 360 warning which the member has to pay for on his own the members that go crazy just put more money in the installers pocket i wish every member went nuts with lighting up their cars i wouldn't have 3 jobs

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
And i worked on this install by dovi and its an amazing install with out a single wire out of place and its a custom job at that the car isn't designed for L&S and the amount of wires and products that were installed is mind blowing dovi does the cleanest neatest work out there and yes his prices are high but you will never have a problem with anything in your car 10 years latter even :thumbsup:

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
"LLC" without havig to quote an entire post...

NYPD operated many unmarked vehicle without lightbars. Perhaps you should take a ride back down south.

The firearm incident happened in Woodrige.

The fail to yield occured on Route 17 in Monticello with (the Toyota corolla with the dash light was doing 95mph weaving in and out of traffic)

The tree incident happened in the Town of Tusten at Camp Sternberg

The coordnator incident happened at Walmart in Monticello with EMS-4

The MVA with Haztolah refusing to leave occured in Fallsburg

The other MVA was on Broadway in Monticello

The handicap incident took place in the Town of Bethel. I'm sure you could dig up court records.

Oh, did I mention how certain Hatzolah members decided to deploy a crossband radio setup between the EMS and fire channels in Sullivan county without asking or telling anyone causing interference? Took a phone tree call to nip that in the bud pretty quick.

Getting pretty specific I suppose, and those are just the Sullivan incidents. The known incidents grows even higher when down in Monroe, KJ, etc.

I never stated that Hatzolah paid for lights/sirens on members cars. I stated they spend too much money on unnesseary lights/sirens on the ambulances. I'm sorry but when you have an ambalance that has a loaded freedom, full dominator in the grill plus standard grill lights, two sets of HAW's in the front corner, standard KKK package, arrowstick, two sets of additional rear box lights, two sets of side lights, scene plus HID lights, and then some...there are some issues there.

I have NEVER personally seen a DOH sticker on a members car. I am sure there are some out there. In fact, there is/was a blue suburban running around with a big "Paramedic" decal on the side windows with no futher indentification. I've seen it in the Catskills and in the city for work. Also I never stated that members respond to their rabbi's, the intent (unless my fingers didn't type it out correctly) was that rabbi's have and I have seen Rabbi's respond l/s to calls, usually serious MVA's - only to be there as a Rabbi for the injuried or deceased - using Hatzolah credentials.

Just because my board line says Rocky Mountains, doesn't mean I am always there. My job wth a nice federal retirement keeps me in both locations, and remain a COS along with other assigned duties. In fact, I'll be back for training in NY this week.

Still can't find the video of Issac Hershal, but this popped up under Google for laughs in the comment section. Actually kinda mirrors whats being going on here.... you post observations then get accused for being a hater. ;)

Pedestrian Struck By Volunteer Ambulance: Gothamist

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
great video btw, thanks for that post

wow, that small division runs about 4500 calls a year, as they stated in the video, pretty impressive!

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
PJH said:

NYPD operated many unmarked vehicle without lightbars. Perhaps you should take a ride back down south.

The fail to yield occured on Route 17 in Monticello with (the Toyota corolla with the dash light was doing 95mph weaving in and out of traffic)

The handicap incident took place in the Town of Bethel. I'm sure you could dig up court records.

Oh, did I mention how certain Hatzolah members decided to deploy a crossband radio setup between the EMS and fire channels in Sullivan county without asking or telling anyone causing interference? Took a phone tree call to nip that in the bud pretty quick.

Getting pretty specific I suppose, and those are just the Sullivan incidents. The known incidents grows even higher when down in Monroe, KJ, etc.

I never stated that Hatzolah paid for lights/sirens on members cars. I stated they spend too much money on unnesseary lights/sirens on the ambulances. I'm sorry but when you have an ambalance that has a loaded freedom, full dominator in the grill plus standard grill lights, two sets of HAW's in the front corner, standard KKK package, arrowstick, two sets of additional rear box lights, two sets of side lights, scene plus HID lights, and then some...there are some issues there.

I have NEVER personally seen a DOH sticker on a members car. I am sure there are some out there. In fact, there is/was a blue suburban running around with a big "Paramedic" decal on the side windows with no futher indentification. I've seen it in the Catskills and in the city for work. Also I never stated that members respond to their rabbi's, the intent (unless my fingers didn't type it out correctly) was that rabbi's have and I have seen Rabbi's respond l/s to calls, usually serious MVA's - only to be there as a Rabbi for the injuried or deceased - using Hatzolah credentials.

Just because my board line says Rocky Mountains, doesn't mean I am always there. My job wth a nice federal retirement keeps me in both locations, and remain a COS along with other assigned duties. In fact, I'll be back for training in NY this week.

Still can't find the video of Issac Hershal, but this popped up under Google for laughs in the comment section. Actually kinda mirrors whats being going on here.... you post observations then get accused for being a hater. ;)

So I guess Mobile Medic is the only proper provider of EMS in the world?

First they took out Monticello Volunteer EMS, then they took out Liberty Volunteer EMS.

Since when is a Freedom bar, and a Dominator in the grill too much lighting for the front of an ambulance?

That amount of lighting is fine for Kerhonkson Accord First Aid's new ambulance, but not Hatzalah?

Why do you seem to feel the need to bring up the 6 incidents that happened in 5 years to an agency that has 100 Ambulances, and 1000 volunteers.

Sheeesh!! Its starting to sound like you think Hatzalah is trying to get the Republican nomination!!

OCD Mobile

Dec 28, 2011
Queens NY
PJH said:

accidents happen that's why they are called accidents but for the amount of calls they respond to nypd and fdny no offense to any FF or Leo get into more accidents a week then hatzalah in a year in ether case i am not a hatzalah member i just don't see them to be as bad as you make them at to be and you are right about that a good 60% of the calls don't need a L&S response but your wrong to count other peoples money if they want to spend 20000 dollars in L&S in their car that isn't worth much more that's their problem it makes a lot of us a pretty penny but since you don't deal with hatzalah members you can bite the hand that doesn't feed you

and that SUV was a sick L&S job i had fun helping dovi wire it

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Actually I don't care for the management of MM myself. Most of the rank and file do what is right, but they have people to report to as well. Regional EMS is slowly making inroads again as well as Transcare IIRC. Liberty EMS shot themselves in the foot with some backend stuff that didn't help along with the attidute of thinking they were always going to be the only game in town, but thats or another discussion.

Not all of the "incidents" are 5 years old. If agencies want to add more blinky's of a piece of equipment beyond the standard, thats fine. When you put in over 50 lightheads on a vehicle in lieu of better patient equipment (which HVAC does have some great stuff) or keeping it in the bank for a rainy day or unforseen issues, thats not a good business model for ANY agency. Not only is it overkill, but leaving everything on and causing a traffic hazard is another. Now Hatzolah isn't the only one doing it, but they tend to have a higher percentage of it compared to a typical municapaility.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
guys, this is the "install section" just comment on the vehicle and the install, and the likes or dislikes about it, it helps with other members installs and future installs

any other issues, you can vent your frustration with whatever is stuck up your asses on legalzoom.com or the like

thanks

dca37

May 23, 2010
Woodmere, NY
I'd like to discuss Hatzalah with you, as you seem a reasonable person who has had a few bad experiences with us.

But this thread is not the appropriate place.

I will be starting a thread in the off-topic forum, and I hope to hear from you there.

Thank you

David

A Hatzalah Member

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Just to finish up on the above topic.

Once upon a time there was a Paramedic with Jeffersonville EMS.

He did not like that Hatzalah operated in Sullivan and Ulster Counties.

He did not like Hatzalah one bit.

So one day this person decided he would spew unprofessional hate at another professional agency.

He would spew hate through his "pen name", which happened to be the initials of his name.

As a full time resident of Sullivan County N.Y., some wondered why his profile said "Rocky Mountains"

This gentleman spoke of stories of old, some stories a fable, and some stories with a biased eye.

All wondered in awe, how brazen a man can be. For some on the ELB were at situations that this man of lore claimed to be at.

1 story recalls an overturned vehicle in the quaint village of Monticello. Hatzalah Paramedics were on location with an Ambulance.

A well known person who owns a large ambulance company told Firefighters that responded, NOT to extricate the patients because

"A MM Bus was a few minutes out". Those who still recall the story remember in horror as patients remained upside down in a vehicle

due to "politics before patients" THIS WAS THE TRUE STORY!!

A few years after this incident, there came a man only known to his peers as PJH, he disputed the factual events, and inserted

his own version of what happened.

Some on the ELB Board told him to take his politics elsewhere, but the man could not, for a hatred for others burned in his heart

a fiery fire of hatred that burned him so.

Some time later the man realized that the Hatzalah personal and he were actually in the same army.

The eternal fight for life.

Those cardiac arrests where everyone forgets race, religion, and color.

Those fights for the patient to just fight a drop more for their own lives.

The man realized that volunteers, regardless of their style of care, want to operate in good faith with others.

If only those others knew...............

THE END.

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
seriously this is a INSTALL thread!!!!!!!

open a thread in the ring and take it there :popcorn:

please some one take to the ring

mods can you please step in here

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.