Philly Grass Firefighter 1

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
My vocabulary is only so big and I can't come up with enough variants of "what?" to add a proper comment so... um, yeah.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
The Aero doesn't get my attention as much as the truck that it's on. That Chev/GMC pickup looks a little old to still be in service.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
FF:hey chief, these here doohickeys quit spinnin..

chief: just make the sumbitch flash then...

FF: yes sir

Reactions: 50theman

MRFD715

Apr 23, 2013
Iowa
The Aero doesn't get my attention as much as the truck that it's on. That Chev/GMC pickup looks a little old to still be in service.

That's one of the first things I noticed, thought it was unusual for a big department like that to have that old of a brush rig. Our first due brush rig is older than that though, 1975 Dodge/Pierce W300, it needs replaced really bad...

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
Philly has 2 brush rigs like that. But yea the light bar is messed up the gears broke it stopped spinning so they hooked up a led flasher to it.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Have they no state surplus outlet to get a used-but-good condition strobe or LED lightbar if the Aero's gears/motor stopped working? Seriously......just.......seriously?!?!?

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I mean, I know that Philly FD uses things until they can't physically be used anymore (look at their spares), but holy crap . . . at least give that old girl the dignity of a functional lightbar! Jeez

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Fleet probably has bars they can scrounge up parts from just too freaking lazy to do it.
Somebody should just send them a basic all-red Code 3 XL5000 with the 3 rotators and mirrors for free with a note that says

"For Philly Grass Firefighter 1........because reasons.

Sincerely,

Anonymous firefighters on the internet who give a damn about equipment and safety."

Reactions: nerdly_dood

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.