Pics & Video of my 2006 CVPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
kenton1979 said:
Well I dont know about all the other stuff but you were not working with a troop that was hired by a company because we cant do that on the side. You might have been at a scene where a troop was assigned by the powers that be of the great state of Indiana. He was working on-duty as a police officer if he was there. If he was there in any other capacity downtown will have his (and the company he worked for) nuts.

Well I'd have to disagree with you on that one.

Because here in Indpls there is a Security Company that hires only State Police Officers.

And according to Walsh Construction they hire off duty troopers to work the construction zones at night while they are working.

And knowing that when you see 2-3 ISP cars in Indy after 12am They'd have to be doing off duty employment.

Because there is normally only 1 maybe 2 officers to cover a 2 county radius.

So I'd almost bet they are making side money.

Yes I am sure you know the SOPs for my agency better than I do. Again they cannot be there making side cash. If they are there they are working an Indot paid federal project on duty. I have no idea what you did to make everyone on here argue with you about everything else but I can tell you that your wrong about this. ISP takes sop violations very seriously and the activity you described would cost a troop more than $25 an hour. I wish we could work off duty gigs but we can't unless it has nothing to do with security.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
GTRider245 said:
That is your problem. You aren't performing the same job as a LEO. What are you to do if someone says to hell with you, shoots you the finger and drives around you? Call an actual cop I would assume.

+1 as a Peace Officer your a "Traffic control device" which means you must obay what we tell you to do traffic wise. As a Super duper security guard you dont have that power. Which means someone can just go around you and face no real penaltys. Well in Texas anyways.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
elite907 said:
Yea kinda hard to become a cop in my city at 42 yrs old.
No one here is interested in your excuses.

elite907 said:
There really is only 1 thing they have that I don't .
Respect from the public? A real job? The satisfaction that their chosen career actually matters in the world? I count at least three, and I haven't even tried to think of any yet.

elite907 said:
everything paid for by my Tax Dollars.
Oh for crying out loud. You must be one of those people who think that public service employees "work for you" since you're a taxpayer. Tax dollars go to fund essential services. You know, fire, police and EMS. When someone calls 911 they expect them to show up. As I mentioned in my previous post, your services could be accomplished by a well lit sign board. The sign board would probably be a better investment.

elite907 said:
Because all of my stuff I've paid for from my hard earned dollars.
The fact that you choose to dress a car up like a half done police vehicle and sit on the side of the road is your own issue.

elite907 said:
That is the main thing they have that I don't
See above.

elite907 said:
Oh and the authority to arrest whoppie.
You have the authority to do nothing. Congratulations.

And you say you're 42? All kids should want to be like you when they grow up. What a loser.

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
GTRider245 said:
No one here is interested in your excuses.

Respect from the public? A real job? The satisfaction that their chosen career actually matters in the world? I count at least three, and I haven't even tried to think of any yet.

Oh for crying out loud. You must be one of those people who think that public service employees "work for you" since you're a taxpayer. Tax dollars go to fund essential services. You know, fire, police and EMS. When someone calls 911 they expect them to show up. As I mentioned in my previous post, your services could be accomplished by a well lit sign board. The sign board would probably be a better investment.

The fact that you choose to dress a car up like a half done police vehicle and sit on the side of the road is your own issue.

See above.

You have the authority to do nothing. Congratulations.

And you say you're 42? All kids should want to be like you when they grow up. What a loser.

Yea well I'll be all of that shit,But your still a Little Bitch behind that computer so what's your Excuse Smart Ass !

ISU_Cyclone

May 21, 2010
SE Wisconsin, USA
elite907 said:
Yea well I'll be all of that shit,But your still a Little Bitch behind that computer so what's your Excuse Smart Ass !

rAndoM cApitAliZatiOns WoUldn'T helP yOu paSS a pOlicE dePARTmEnt wrIttEN TesT. vEry SAD gRammAr at 42 yEars Old. I thInk yoU dO iT MOre wheN YOu gEt fLustErEd.

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
First let me start by saying I really don't care what you do with your car or your time; if it is required for you job then go for it. I do have a problem with your bashing of LEOs just because you got picked on a little bit. It's the internet, it happens.

As far as the "luxuries" that your tax dollars pay for, I feel as though I have been shorted as I did not get any. They do provide me with a car to use to patrol my county, but if you haven't noticed most jobs to provide a workspace/office. I was also provided with a gun and bullet proof vest, again, used to do my job. There is not a single item that I was provided with that I have used when I am not working, well, maybe an inkpen every now and then.

Now I know that you will probably get mad and call me a little bitch, pussy, etc; just so you know though, there is absolutely no reason to capitalize every cuss word you use, they are not proper nouns. Also I was in the academy with a 50 year old former Ohio officer and a 48 year old officer as well. Maybe age is a concern for agencies around you, but I am willing to bet that isn't the reason that you can't get hired.

Last edited by a moderator:

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
ccsobaker said:
First let me start by saying I really don't care what you do with your car or your time; if it is required for you job then go for it. I do have a problem with your bashing of LEOs just because you got picked on a little bit. It's the internet, it happens.
As far as the "luxuries" that your tax dollars pay for, I feel as though I have been shorted as I did not get any. They do provide me with a car to use to patrol my county, but if you haven't noticed most jobs to provide a workspace/office. I was also provided with a gun and bullet proof vest, again, used to do my job. There is not a single item that I was provided with that I have used when I am not working, well, maybe an inkpen every now and then.

Now I know that you will probably get mad and call me a little bitch, pussy, etc; just so you know though, there is absolutely no reason to capitalize every cuss word you use, they are not proper nouns. Also I was in the academy with a 50 year old former Ohio officer and a 48 year old officer as well. Maybe age is a concern for agencies around you, but I am willing to bet that isn't the reason that you can't get hired.

Ok well I never tried to get on any department around here.

I have always worked security & traffic since I got out of the Army.

And if I remember correctly around here the age limit is around your mid 30's.

And see you say you was provided a car ,a gun and a bullet proff vest to do your job.

Well I bought all of mine to do my job, including my cvpi.

If you were required to buy your car,gun,vest and lights would you still do it ?

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
ISU_Cyclone said:
Why not apply for a police force? You weren't still 42 back then. That way you wouldn't be so bitter towards police officers.

Idk ,I just didn't really want to.

And I'm not bitter toward all LEO's just the ones who always have smart ass coments and like to belittle other people.

And like I stated previously, all 3 companies I work for are owned by LEO's and I think they are really nice guys and they don't belittle me because I'm not a sworn officer or because of my car.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
elite907 said:

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this statement isn't entirely true.

The State of Indiana has maximum age restrictions for officers who are hired by departments that take part in the state's public safety aspect of the Public Employee's Retirement Fund (PERF), but many agencies don't take part in PERF. The county Sheriff's department, where I reside, is not a PERF department - neither is the department I currently work for part time, 75% of the smaller town departments, or the University of Notre Dame (jut to give some examples in a single Indiana county). ND sent a guy to the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy two years ago who was almost 50 years old.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
elite907 said:

I don't need an excuse. I have a real job.

elite907 said:

And see you say you was provided a car ,a gun and a bullet proff vest to do your job.

If you were required to buy your car,gun,vest and lights would you still do it ?

The last line of this post speaks volumes about your over all mental capacity. You think public sector employees should have to provide their own equipment to do their jobs? Should we have to buy our own fire engines too? How about the public works guys, maybe they could all go in equally on a backhoe?

The reason you never applied for a LEO job is probably because you knew you would never get past the psych exam. If for some miracle you did, the oral exam would surely kill your chances once you opened your mouth.

elite907

May 23, 2010
Indiana, USA
GTRider245 said:
I don't need an excuse. I have a real job.

The last line of this post speaks volumes about your over all mental capacity. You think public sector employees should have to provide their own equipment to do their jobs? Should we have to buy our own fire engines too? How about the public works guys, maybe they could all go in equally on a backhoe?

The reason you never applied for a LEO job is probably because you knew you would never get past the psych exam. If for some miracle you did, the oral exam would surely kill your chances once you opened your mouth.

Ok sparkie why don't you go climb a ladder and suck some pipe.

Mr Jr. fireman!

ccsobaker

Jul 4, 2010
Central Arkansas
elite907 said:

Well before I was hired, I was a reserve officer for 3 years. During this time I provided everything on my own dime, with the exception of a patrol car; I did this as an unpaid volunteer. You have to supply your own car because of your job, that's your deal. I suppose when I worked at a gas station I should have helped pay the bills there, after all I was using their facility to earn money. This is a very invalid point that you're trying to make.

GTRider245

Jun 12, 2010
Georgia
ccsobaker said:
Well before I was hired, I was a reserve officer for 3 years. During this time I provided everything on my own dime, with the exception of a patrol car; I did this as an unpaid volunteer. You have to supply your own car because of your job, that's your deal. I suppose when I worked at a gas station I should have helped pay the bills there, after all I was using their facility to earn money. This is a very invalid point that you're trying to make.

For the record, it is BS you had to provide anything to act as an LEO, regardless of pay status.

WhiteLite03

Oct 7, 2010
Middle Tennessee
ccsobaker said:

The police department in the town I live near is provided a shared patrol car, badge, and uniform shirt. I think the agency does have a few handguns they will issue if the officer doesn't own one. Everything else, from vest, belt, boots, etc is provided by the employee. Oh, and did I mention that the officers had to buy their own ammo to qualify this last year? The OP needs to remember that not every police department has everything given to them.

[edit]... To clarify, the patrol cars are shared, not the badge and shirt. Lol. I read that and realized how it sounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.