Possible to swap LED heads???

Jun 14, 2010
Hi all. It will be clear in a minute, but I have zero experience with lightbars and am looking for an answer.

My Dodge Charger has a Whelen LED lightbar. I have installation instructions that say Liberty and Freedom LC Lightbars. The clear lenses say 500 series and Edge. Looking at Whelen's website, I don't think they are Edge lightbars because my lightbar has a single row of LED's like those on the LFL Liberty. Our Crown Vics have similar lightbars.

Here's my question. The lightbar LED's on the Charger appear to have 4 LED's per head. The LED's on the CV appear to have 6 LED's. Can these be swapped easily? Reason being the Charger has six amber LED heads in the rear and we are wanting to swap them with a CV's red and blue LED's.

Thanks and sorry if this makes no sense whatsoever.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Sounds like you have a Premium Liberty (LIN6) and an Economy Liberty (LIN4).

They are interchangeable as long as both are passive units. The LIN6s will pack a bit more punch.

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks. I swapped them last night after reading your reply and so far everything works fine. I hope I don't encounter any problems with the lightbars running different lightheads on them. The Charger now has the LIN4 in the front and LIN6 in the back and the CV vice versa.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.