POV lights First install

egriggs

Jun 1, 2010
Hamilton, NJ USA
Not bad, just seems like there is a lot going on in the grille area.... Maybe cut down on the amount of lights and bring them forward a bit....

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
I like it except for the grille. You should move the pair of lights in the grille and move them to either the side windows or the side of the toolbox.

Reactions: bburnette252

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yep, too much in the grill and there is the dreaded split fail.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
fire9508 said:
I slowed down the grille lights. I still got to install my 8head Lin r/c bar
I haven't desided front or back yet for the bar

Sell it...you have plenty of lights. If it was red/amber I'd say the rear. If you want it up front remove some grill lights and the dash light.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
970tahoe said:
Are you the Chief?

He seems to be implying that... but we've seen stranger things on here.

Reactions: mpaine

970tahoe

Apr 5, 2011
North Carolina
So you are going to be the chief? Is it your Dad's truck and he responds in it? Nonetheless, it still makes it illegal for you to even posses a siren. I am finding this all a little odd...

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
No im not going to become chief im a firefighter and i just got this truck from my dad that was the chief im going to be redoing the truck they way i want it. and the sirens being replaced with a airhorn and 800MHZ radio for my other dept.

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
970tahoe said:
You know Hide-aways and sirens are illegal in the State of NC right?

What? Yes, sirens are illegal, but hide-aways? What are you talking about?

They only thing that people can not have are modulated headlights(wig-wags), and sirens. You may have a siren if you are a Chief or Assistant Chief. There is no provision that allows Chief officers to have modulated headlights.

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
970tahoe said:
You know Hide-aways and sirens are illegal in the State of NC right?

Uhhhh do what?

Sirens are illegal if you are not a chief or assistante chief.

HAW on the other hand are perfectly legal the only thing not is a HLF aka Wig Wags.

waldalm

Mar 27, 2011
US, North AL
Did you slow down the lights on the tool box any? Not trying to critique to badly, but off time is just as important as on time.

People need to be able realize they're approaching a flashing light and not a glowing one. I would put more rear and sides warning

as well but I don't know your specific needs, while you do.

Tlauden

Apr 3, 2011
Halifax, PA
At first i thought those lights on the front bumper pointing out were steady burns, maybe take away that split flash. Also maybe slowing down abd synching your toolbox lights would be more effective and not as disorienting. Just my $. 02

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
I will be looking into that im replaceing some lights when i get the chance to im going to start my final install as soon as everything is orderd and here

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I love the truck, those Fords are my favorite body style. Besides slowing the patterns down, don't flash the clear with the red because then it comes out pink.

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
philyumpshus said:
I love the truck, those Fords are my favorite body style. Besides slowing the patterns down, don't flash the clear with the red because then it comes out pink.

I tryed to change the pattern on them but i couldnt get it to change

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
Not a bad install for your first. Speaking from experience, finding the perfect pattern for all your lights can take some time. Just have fun with it. Also keep in mind that these are just courtesy lights. I know quite a few firefighters who only have one light on the dash or a mini bar on the roof. Remember brother, you need to arrive alive to put the wet stuff on the red stuff. Stay safe.

Reactions: STOP

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.