POV lights First install

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
Im working on my setup one more time and this is the last time.

FRONT:

4- Strobes hideaways Turn and corner lights

4- Able 2 Sho-Me LA-X 4 LED Light 2 R/C 2 R/C Grille

2- SL-20 dash lights R/C both sides of RVM

Sides:

2- AWL T3s R Fenders

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

2- 8 head lin6 sticks step lights

Rear:

4-Hideaway strobe Tail/ Reverse lights

2-Whelen Tir3s A Toolbox

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

2- AWL T3s/LP bracket R LP

1- 8 head TIR4 stick RR/AAAA/RR Rear window

ROOF:

Whelen Edge 9004k

INSIDE:

Icom Radio

Custom control panel

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
fire9508 said:

FRONT:

Sides:

2- AWL T3s R Fenders

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

Rear:

2-Whelen Tir3s A Toolbox

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

ROOF:

Whelen Edge 9004k

INSIDE:

Icom Radio

Custom control panel

Without even seeing this, it sounds like way to much to the rear, especially with a bar on top.

Reactions: mpaine

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
fire9508 said:

FRONT:

Sides:

2- AWL T3s R Fenders

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

Rear:

2-Whelen Tir3s A Toolbox

2- AWL T6s R Toolbox

ROOF:

Whelen Edge 9004k

INSIDE:

Icom Radio

Custom control panel

This will be way too busy. A couple points:

-Split TIR4s suck, their footprint is too small to be effective.

-There is no need for visor lights with a lightbar

-The listed setup has too much clear too the front

-Swap the T3s for the T6s; the larger light is more useful for intersection warning

-An 8-head light stick on the step bars will look tacky IMO

-The HAWs, T6s and LP T3s is plenty to the rear.

I would use the money that would have been spent on the light sticks to upgrade the lightbar with some Freedom parts.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
fire9508 said:
I don't care if there split and plus that's why I got the whelen tir3 back there with thm

You should care.... you wouldn't need additional 3 diode LEDs if the others were flashed at full foot print. You install looks ok, it's just busy and cluttered. Less is often more.

Reactions: Firetrux and mpaine

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
Im not using the edge,

i been thinking of doing T3s on the steps instead of sticks,

the only reason im doing so much is because in town and rural areas and Interstate.

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
This is the final install for the truck. I been planning for a month know and im done planning time to get to work.

Its going to have 360 lighting and alittle extra.

Front:

1- SL-20 R/C Dash light Above RVM

2- Star SVP 90 watt strobes Turn signals

4- T4s R/C surface mounts Grille

2- R led hideaways corner lights

Sides:

2- T3 R surface mounts fenders

4- T4 R surface mounts step lights

2- T4 R surface mounts toolbox

Rear:

4- Star SVP 90 watt strobes tail/reverse lights

2- T4 R surface mounts toolbox

2- Whelen A Tir3s toolbox

2- T3 R surface mount lights LP

Still looking for rear window lights

Controlled my Code 3 switch box

I com radio

Southern SVP Siren.

Tell me what you think and give me ideas for rear window and intersection lights.

Dave9696

Apr 12, 2013
North Carolina
I think it all looks real nice! although I think some halogen rotators would make it look better. Maybe put one on the dash and move some of the grille lights around to the side?

:thumbsup:

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
I do a Complete Make over on my truck. I replaced all the lights accept the Hideaways.

FRONT

4- Whelen LIN6 (RED) Grille

2- Sound off Hideaway Strobes Turnsignals

1- Whelen Slim Lighter (RED) DASH

2- Federal Siganl Viper EXT (RED) Above RVM

REAR

2- Sound off Hideaway strobes

2- Whelen TIR3s (RED) Window

Items Still needing to be added

2- Feniex T4s in rear LP

And side lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
The biggest thing I don't like is the HAWs in the front marker lights...  The combinations of red and amber to the front only confuses other motorists (more so than they already are)...

The rest looks pretty good...  

Reactions: mpaine

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
The biggest thing I don't like is the HAWs in the front marker lights... The combinations of red and amber to the front only confuses other motorists (more so than they already are)...

The rest looks pretty good...

That's the only place I could put them. I'm going to be ordering after market housing that are clear to replace the amber.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Went from a good rear to a weak rear. I would have left a couple on the toolbox, but that's just me.. Other than that.. Looks great to me.

mpaine

Dec 20, 2011
USA
Went from a good rear to a weak rear. I would have left a couple on the toolbox, but that's just me.. Other than that.. Looks great to me.
Those Micro-Lites in the back on the toolbox and in the top of your rear window really weren't bad. They sync'ed and were set to a somewhat mild flash pattern, which is good. Not sure why you ditched those. But I definitely agree the amber turn signal housing strobes need to go, at least when you're responding to an emergency call. If not, you're going to look like some type of demented snow plow driver and no one is going to understand what to do when you come up behind them.

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
I have been doing some changing I want to put LED Hideaways in the corner front lights to replace the amber strobes. The front is changed to. I have the 4 whelen LIN6 the same. But the slimlighter is above the RVM and that's it for the front. I'm looking at led Hideaways for my reverse lights and trying to figure something for the back window. Also side lights. But I am working on a vision for this truck

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
The front grille looks like you took a page from Boulder's book.....digging it.

A tip...the human eye sees things more vertically than horizontally.  So IMO the different levels (grille,dash,RVM) seem to work better.  The point up front is to hit the driver in front of you right smack in their rearview mirror, out back you want to let people know "hey don't hit me!" if you are parked on a scene.  As for the intersection/sides...lights 3-4 foot off the pavement hit most drivers in the eyes.

And when you say vision I assume you mean FedSig Vision not vision as in dream.  If that is the case you could pick up a vector for much cheaper and modify it with the LEDs you took out if you still have them.  Just my 2 cents.

Edit: 2-4 foot off the pavement for sides/intersection not 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

fire9508

Feb 9, 2012
North Carolina
The front grille looks like you took a page from Boulder's book.....digging it.

A tip...the human eye sees things more vertically than horizontally. So IMO the different levels (grille,dash,RVM) seem to work better. The point up front is to hit the driver in front of you right smack in their rearview mirror, out back you want to let people know "hey don't hit me!" if you are parked on a scene. As for the intersection/sides...lights 3-4 foot off the pavement hit most drivers in the eyes.

And when you say vision I assume you mean FedSig Vision not vision as in dream. If that is the case you could pick up a vector for much cheaper and modify it with the LEDs you took out if you still have them. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: 2-4 foot off the pavement for sides/intersection not 3.

Thanks. Yea I like the bigger lightheads in the grille. I have a fedsig vision with the controller and brain all I have to do is go pick it up From the guy giving it to me.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Awesome!  Hope it works for you.  I had a bunch of those and some Vectors.  The Visions were real touchy sometimes.  I'm actually in the process of upfitting my Smart Vector with more LED's. If you need some ideas here's a thread with video of the different stages I've through so far.

And yeah, yeah its not a Ford....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.