Push Bumper LED ( Side Warning ) Suggestions needed for 2011 CVPI .

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
I'm going to install my own white LEDs on a city vehicle for side/intersection warning as this was deemed not important.

I have been out of the loop as far as LEDs and equipment for a while now.

Are there any bolt-on items that anyone has used that will fit this idea that someone can suggest? The LEDs will be installed on a standard push-bumper ( sides of course ) on a 2011 CVPI.

A quick search revealed Whelen has 46' LINZ6 brackets, but not sure I want that type of angle and was thinking of simply mounting a linz6 to the side for 90 degree angle.

Any suggestions appreciated.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Lt. Dino said:
I had Tomar RECT13's on my Charger (I know the OP said CVPI) for intersection lights. It's more of a TIR optic but they worked quite well.

Yep! The Rect13 and 14 series is great, as well. They can screw right on to the push bumper frame. They're potted and hermetically sealed, as well as come with a 5yr warranty. I'm a Tomar distributor, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM!

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
TX-LEO said:
All good suggestions provided. I was also thinking of putting a couple of my own TIR3s on the sides that I Took off my old goldwing.

well just do that then... I would put alot on the side of a PB because it is easy to put too much there and doesnt look good. Another option if your wanting something a little larger than the TIR3s and maybe dual color or split is the Sound Off Ghost flush mounts.

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
fireman616wfd said:
well just do that then... I would put alot on the side of a PB because it is easy to put too much there and doesnt look good. Another option if your wanting something a little larger than the TIR3s and maybe dual color or split is the Sound Off Ghost flush mounts.

I wanted something with a bit more punch than the TIR3 style, even though a few of the ones I have are linear.

I didnt know those ghosts were available in flushmount too now. That a good idea. I will have to keep my eye out for some used ones.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Whatever you end up with, your on the right track with the clear. That is the best color for intersection attention. With it being Texas, you could do a split clear/red on either side. Are you going to put HAW LED's in the marker lights? If so, go clear with both and sync them to alternate. that would be some good intersection lighting!

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
HILO said:
Whatever you end up with, your on the right track with the clear. That is the best color for intersection attention. With it being Texas, you could do a split clear/red on either side. Are you going to put HAW LED's in the marker lights? If so, go clear with both and sync them to alternate. that would be some good intersection lighting!

There are corner mounted LEDs in there yes. Thats a good idea. I'm not sure what brand they are, but it should be easy enough to pair them up.

On the mount holes, drill a pilot hole then use nut/bolt type system? I doubt a sheet metal screw is going to be strong enough for a pushbumper.

ETA: as you can see there are holes, but very unlikely they will match up to what I buy.

[Broken External Image]:http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc55/tx-one/BUMPER.jpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
TX-LEO said:
I wanted something with a bit more punch than the TIR3 style, even though a few of the ones I have are linear.

I didnt know those ghosts were available in flushmount too now. That a good idea. I will have to keep my eye out for some used ones.

FLUSH MOUNT GHOST:

[Broken External Image]:http://soundoffinc.com/warnamber/surfacemnt/GHOST_Single/EGHST2(x)_01.jpg

NEW RECESSED MOUNT GHOST:

asoundoff.smugmug.com_LED_Warning_Lighting_Surface_Mount_Lightde02c41a082d4ef68c4ce33a627b5bcb.jpg

GHOST ROCK:

[Broken External Image]:http://soundoffinc.com/white_illum/SpotLts/GHOST-Rock/GHOST_RockLt_up.jpg

and.... THE ORIGINAL GHOST:

asoundoff.smugmug.com_LED_Warning_Lighting_Dash_Deck_Grill_Ligd0b276e1442d2a67b85ab4c9ced62799.jpg

I think thats all now... haha

Jan 6, 2011
Texas
I have some Federal Signal Impaxx in white and 45 degree brackets also, NIB. These come with a bezel & gasket & can be surface mounted also.

I'll make a fellow Texan a deal, & fast shipping !

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
prioritypublicsafety.net said:
I have some Federal Signal Impaxx in white and 45 degree brackets also, NIB. These come with a bezel & gasket & can be surface mounted also.
I'll make a fellow Texan a deal, & fast shipping !

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to have to wait a few months before I do this as I have a few trips planned. Cash for stuff like this is scarce and I'll likely be doing it sometime after September. Will keep your suggestion in mind though.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I would put Tomar Rect25 High Power. If you have the money I would use a light with a bigger footprint. You have a lot to choose from. You can also mount two smaller lights side by side like my freinds install. Look at the interesection warning. He also put a Vertex surface mount a little further back. Enjoy the vid.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
VolEms said:
I would put Tomar Rect25 High Power. If you have the money I would use a light with a bigger footprint. You have a lot to choose from. You can also mount two smaller lights side by side like my freinds install. Look at the interesection warning. He also put a Vertex surface mount a little further back. Enjoy the vid.

I love that car!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.