Push Bumper vs. Grill Louvers/Grill Shutters (Ford Explorer)

paro22

Are there any Push Bumpers/Push Bars that will work with the 2017 Ford Explorer (civilian version; not the Police Utility)

The standard engines on the XLT& Base versions have Active Grill Shutters/grill louvers - are there any mainstream manufactures whose Push Bars will work with that feature?

FEVER

Platinum Supporter
the CV didn't have active shutters. I'm trying go rhino on a build for the first time this week versus my go industries builds... I can see if they would interfere

Nolines

Established Member
the CV didn't have active shutters. I'm trying go rhino on a build for the first time this week versus my go industries builds... I can see if they would interfere
Do I even want to know what the heck an Active Shutter is for on a Explorer??? How Else can they mess up these vehicles, first they down size after eliminating the CV, then `Downsize the Explorer eliminating legroom, hip room, rear Storage Space.... UGH Whats Next no more V8'S???

Nolines

Established Member
no no i meant in general... lol Why cant they make the Mustang an interceptor... Love that Sound of the Coyote 5.0!

Justin_explorer

I was unable to install the Westin Elite with the active shutter system. It starts at the very top of the top grill, wraps around the front bumper all the way through the bottom grill.

I did, however remove like 5 bolts and unplug/remove the active shutters. No CEL although I am sure there is a fault in the background.

The front park assist sensors are blocked as well, but this can be turned off.

If you have adaptive cruise control it would probably be blocked as well... I do not.

Justin_explorer

I was able to use forscan and elm327 to disable just the front parking sensors (which beep nonstop when first going into forward gear).

Here’s the master list I used, specifically the 736-3-1

https://www.ford-forum.de/attachments/forscan-2015-2018-f150s-pdf.106145/

LED lightbar:
Rigidhorse 3 Row 22 inch Dual-Color Yellow & White light Cree Chips LED Spot Flood light combo driving Light, for jeep/truck/Pickup/ATV/SUV/Boat, 2 Years Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPP21TT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_tp8sBb3JVB239

Attachments

Latest Listings

Top Bottom