Razor M-Tech Plus

scooter12589

Jun 3, 2010
CO/WY
Alright guys, it is good to be back on this forum after a while. I am upgrading my setup on my GMC Sierra. I currently have a dual viper s2 r/r behind the rear view mirror, two 8" r/w and r/a microman g3 on the grille, a red pimp pod on each side of the front bumper and corner strobes in the turn signals of my truck. Also a Carson mechanical electronic siren, a powercall and a stuttertone. I would like to add an led lightbar to the truck. I am looking to keep it under a grand for the bar. My dilemma is where to mount one.If I put it on the back rack it can only be about 42" long. If I put it on the roof it must be very low proflie so as not to obstruct my spotlights. Here is how it looks.

[Broken External Image]:http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/scooter12589/100_0509.jpg

I am really liking the razor m-tech plus http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort= ... tyle=LB494 and the galls price is very attractive. I have not found them cheaper. Does anybody have any recommendations on lightbars and or where I should mount it? I am a little concerned with the mounting of the Razor bar. It seems to come with a universal type mount and I have not been able to figure out exactly how it mounts.

I'd send Jared (Jared @ *****************) on here a message. Or one of the other Star dealers. They should be able to explain the mounting system a little better. They also might be able to get you set up with what you are looking for.

http://www.*****************.com/products/led-razor

36 in bar should fit between there... That's prob the max width you'd be able to use.

VolEms said:
What color are you looking for. HPD84 has new Whelen Libertys for under a grand.

Those are going to be too big

scooter12589 said:
If I put it on the back rack it can only be about 42" long.

This is what I would do. I would get (2) 6 Head Commnaders-8 head if space permits-and mount them to the rack. Most full size lightbars will give you 4 or 6 heads facing forward and rear. The Commander has 6 diodes per module, the same diodes as a Liberty does. You can get them both for around $625.00 and have the option to use the rear as a traffic director as well. For the side warning, you can supplement that on the vehicle's side windows and push bumper.

I think this is a more effective and cost effective way to provide warning power for your vehicle.

http://ledguy.net/store/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=531

A local scrap recycling place i deal with has a Sabre (dual level razor) mounted on a back rack 36" in length, I think it sits between the top posts, if its siting in the parking lot, ill snap a shot.back rack and SWS canada are partners. all back rack light mounts of any sort are pre drilled for SWS lights. you can easily get the mounts right from SWS

I am not too keen on mounting up two light sticks on the rack but it is not an awful Idea. I was thinking about cutting down a liberty or other full size bar. I have decided to find a decent 36" bar. I just found the Razor comes in a 36". So I guess it is going to be the between the Razor and maybe a mini justice. Unless anyone knows of another 36" bar worth looking for.

one reason being is that the light housing and module are fairly simplistic. theres no 3 peice lens kits, not mounting brackets inside, just an aluminum extrusion, 6 small lenses, 2 LED units, thats it. I see tons of those bars and the light output is amazing. you would see both a liberty and a m-tech miles away.

Theyre common here, and less expensive because SWS is a canadian company, and probably dont feel the need to charge as much as others. The M-tech is the same idea as highlighter LED, only difference is that the LEDs face up, not allowing the mirror to susceptible sun damage like the highlighter. A local construction company had highlighters, they barely have light output, the mirrors are a dull grey.

Liner Lightheads are amazing, but once you get to a certain degree on angle, theyre still useless, m-tech is full 360 degree coverage, lifetime warranty (on SWS side, not sure of star headlight and lantern).

Ive tried most name brands, whelen, code 3 federal, all liner, tir, optix, solaris, cuda and m-tech, m-tech is the best bang for the buck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381