Razor M-Tech Plus

scooter12589

Jun 3, 2010
CO/WY
Alright guys, it is good to be back on this forum after a while. I am upgrading my setup on my GMC Sierra. I currently have a dual viper s2 r/r behind the rear view mirror, two 8" r/w and r/a microman g3 on the grille, a red pimp pod on each side of the front bumper and corner strobes in the turn signals of my truck. Also a Carson mechanical electronic siren, a powercall and a stuttertone. I would like to add an led lightbar to the truck. I am looking to keep it under a grand for the bar. My dilemma is where to mount one.If I put it on the back rack it can only be about 42" long. If I put it on the roof it must be very low proflie so as not to obstruct my spotlights. Here is how it looks.

[Broken External Image]:http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/scooter12589/100_0509.jpg

I am really liking the razor m-tech plus http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort= ... tyle=LB494 and the galls price is very attractive. I have not found them cheaper. Does anybody have any recommendations on lightbars and or where I should mount it? I am a little concerned with the mounting of the Razor bar. It seems to come with a universal type mount and I have not been able to figure out exactly how it mounts.

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
I'd send Jared (Jared @ *****************) on here a message. Or one of the other Star dealers. They should be able to explain the mounting system a little better. They also might be able to get you set up with what you are looking for.

http://www.*****************.com/products/led-razor

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
36 in bar should fit between there... That's prob the max width you'd be able to use.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
VolEms said:
What color are you looking for. HPD84 has new Whelen Libertys for under a grand.

Those are going to be too big

scooter12589 said:
If I put it on the back rack it can only be about 42" long.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
This is what I would do. I would get (2) 6 Head Commnaders-8 head if space permits-and mount them to the rack. Most full size lightbars will give you 4 or 6 heads facing forward and rear. The Commander has 6 diodes per module, the same diodes as a Liberty does. You can get them both for around $625.00 and have the option to use the rear as a traffic director as well. For the side warning, you can supplement that on the vehicle's side windows and push bumper.

I think this is a more effective and cost effective way to provide warning power for your vehicle.

http://ledguy.net/store/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=531

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
A local scrap recycling place i deal with has a Sabre (dual level razor) mounted on a back rack 36" in length, I think it sits between the top posts, if its siting in the parking lot, ill snap a shot.back rack and SWS canada are partners. all back rack light mounts of any sort are pre drilled for SWS lights. you can easily get the mounts right from SWS

scooter12589

Jun 3, 2010
CO/WY
I am not too keen on mounting up two light sticks on the rack but it is not an awful Idea. I was thinking about cutting down a liberty or other full size bar. I have decided to find a decent 36" bar. I just found the Razor comes in a 36". So I guess it is going to be the between the Razor and maybe a mini justice. Unless anyone knows of another 36" bar worth looking for.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
one reason being is that the light housing and module are fairly simplistic. theres no 3 peice lens kits, not mounting brackets inside, just an aluminum extrusion, 6 small lenses, 2 LED units, thats it. I see tons of those bars and the light output is amazing. you would see both a liberty and a m-tech miles away.

Theyre common here, and less expensive because SWS is a canadian company, and probably dont feel the need to charge as much as others. The M-tech is the same idea as highlighter LED, only difference is that the LEDs face up, not allowing the mirror to susceptible sun damage like the highlighter. A local construction company had highlighters, they barely have light output, the mirrors are a dull grey.

Liner Lightheads are amazing, but once you get to a certain degree on angle, theyre still useless, m-tech is full 360 degree coverage, lifetime warranty (on SWS side, not sure of star headlight and lantern).

Ive tried most name brands, whelen, code 3 federal, all liner, tir, optix, solaris, cuda and m-tech, m-tech is the best bang for the buck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.