Replacement rear lens for Federal sirens

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I wish Sireno had used something common. I think they had a lens made specifically for them.

@Skulldigger, I was thinking of you when I posted this...I couldn’t remember if was a Federal siren or something else. I recall you thread on making your own replacement. Here’s a site that may help you in your next attempt:

Good to know @cmb56. That pretty much tells me it was originally an Olds
lens used by Federal. Guide is almost exclusively GM and they always incorporate the model year in the last two digits in the part number (that’s how you can identify the year of a classic auto, in case you were wondering if you were looking at a 62 or 63 Impala).

Reactions: Skulldigger

Junkman

Apr 26, 2021
Putnam CT
Another exact source: 1956 Chevy
The 1956 Chevrolet lens is smaller in diameter than the Oldsmobile tail light.
One thing to consider is buying RED led bulbs to replace the original bulb. From memory, it is a 1156 single contact bulb with 2 retaining pins horizontally opposed. I used " 1156 BA15s 68smd led backup reverse tail turn signal bulb Red " in my siren rear light. The clear LED bulbs will give the lens a washed out look, and the red bulb accentuates the red color.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.