Ridiculous Winnie Palmer Hospital Ambulance

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
This monstrosity belongs to Winnie Palmer Hospital which specializes in pregnant women and babies. This is their new mobile NICU. It is an AEV box on an International chassis and has an absolutely ridiculous amount of lighting on it as you can see. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPMOcNgc88

Last edited by a moderator:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I really don't think its THAT bad, I was expecting worse. Sure, it COULD loose the SLR and the Roto-Ray, but, why?  I mean, lets face it... If I could run an SLR and a Roto-Ray on my truck, I would.

Reactions: GPC

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
To the front it has -

- Seven M9s on the front of the box

- FedSig View Point SLR on the roof of the cab

- Four M7s in the grill

- LED Rotoray

A bit excessive IMO.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
To the front it has -

- Seven M9s on the front of the box

- FedSig View Point SLR on the roof of the cab

- Four M7s in the grill

- LED Rotoray

A bit excessive IMO.
Yes....and, due to unorganized setup, it is about as effective as a middle of the road strobe system.

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
I really don't think its THAT bad, I was expecting worse. Sure, it COULD loose the SLR and the Roto-Ray, but, why?  I mean, lets face it... If I could run an SLR and a Roto-Ray on my truck, I would.
No, I agree... I'd run one too. However, they could de-split-fail everything, slow the patterns down, run the lights color-on-color, and sync things up. The sides are also a bit under-lit, at least as compared to the rest of the truck!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I honestly like it a lot, but I just wish they kept it simpler, because it is just a blinding blur...2 red M9's in grill, Rotoray, 2 M7/M9 in front corners of the box, & a Lightbar is more than enough. I do like having good intersection warning (our Horton/Internationals have a horizontal M6 behind the headlight & an angled M7 on the side of the upper engine hood, instead of how most units just have 1 intersection light), but 3+ is a bit much. However, I'm used to PICU/NICU CCT ambos having absurd amounts of blinkies (probably since the hospitals have so much damn $$$), so I guess that's why I'm not a huge hater.

How much would the lights & siren cost on this rig? I'm guessing $12,000 - $15,000.
I'd probably say it's closer to the $20K-25K range for te blinkies/sirens, because most dealers charge MSRP for the blinkies/sirens + labor installation. The Q and Rotoray alone is a few grand, let alone approx 30 M-series & a FedSig bar

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Reactions: JazzDad

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
As soon as I saw the Rotoray I kept an eye out for the Q - and sure enough there it was.  It made me think of the pro-car ambo era when Qs were more common on ambulances.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
That ambulance is straight up dangerous . . . at least half of the lights to the front and sides need to be removed and all the rest of the lights need MAJOR sync.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Lights look a little better on this one:

I also like this one better; it has more lights than it needs, but it's not tacky and unbearable to watch. I also like the use of whelen strip-lites on the sides of Fire apparatus & ambulances (in the lower areas); I've always thought they offered a nice footprint for secondary warning in tight areas (well before the ion/ghost lights came out).

I'm not sure, though, why so many hospital-based CCTs go with the Q (aside from the fact that they have tons of money to spend); while they're definitely loud as $hit, one generally tends to think of Fire Dept apparatus when they hear that

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Here's another video of this monstrosity. I dig the woop and alternate yelp on the siren this time though.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
With all the LED's on that truck, the first thing I noticed was the wig-wag. I'm always going to be a die hard fan...
Funny, the first thing I noticed were the two lights on the corners of the box with a "regular" flash pattern. Those contrasted with the chaos of the rest of the lighting package really show you how much difference slow and steady flashing makes. This thing would look really good with half the lights flashing a nice triple flash, alternating colors accordingly. Keep the SLR's and the Roto Ray though, because those are great.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Here's another video of this monstrosity. I dig the woop and alternate yelp on the siren this time though.

Except for the split patterns and the choice of lighting for the front roof area (I think it's a waste to have all those M-series right behind the FedSig bar) it looks very cool. Being that they clearly have money, I would've done what west palm beach does (forward-facing freedom with side-facing mini freedoms on each side of the crew cab)....I think that would've been better than a shit load of M9's and the SLR bar

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.