Setting Up ION DUO and TRIOs (Alternating Colours/Patterns & White Lights w/ Air Horn)

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I apologize in advance for more amateur questions. I'm trying to learn how vehicle lighting is set up, especially w/ Carbide. I also apologize if the question is murky. It's been a busy week at work and I haven't gotten enough caffeine downrange to even know how to write my own name.

1) In the Carbide software, how do you set up ION DUOs/TRIOs so that you can configure which colour an individual ION emits? For example, say I have two ION DUOs set up on a push bar and I want the right and left IONs’ colours to alternate between red/blue with alternating patterns as well. Do I assign an output to each ION's colour? Would Right Push Bar (Red) be one Output and Right Push Bar (Blue) is another and so on? Then how do I configure the IONs so that they alternate with the pattern as well? I’m looking for something like this:

1) Right :Flashes Blue, alternates to left
2) Left:Flashes Red, alternates to right
3) Right:Flashes Red, alternates to left
4) Left: Flashes Blue, alternates to right...

2) How do I set up ION DUOs/TRIOs so that they emit white light when the Air Horn tone is active? Do I select the Air Horn tone, go to its Properties, turn on whichever outputs are assigned to the ION colours that I want and then set them to Pattern Override? Should they be set to Steady or would a fast Single Flash (150 or 300) also work?

Thank you for your patience and your help! Trying to figure this out is driving me up the wall!

Cheers!

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I apologize for the late reply, but thank you! The software is a lot of fun to play around with and to learn from, but not actually having the equipment and not knowing much, if anything, about wiring/relays complicates things. I'm glad to know that I'm not totally out to lunch. Thank you again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.