Side By Side 2013 Ford Interceptor SUV Lighting Package Comparison

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
Respondcode3 said:
Sorry to say... I think the under body lights and the license plate lights look like they belong on a japanese street racer.

No need to apologize! We take all the feedback and opinions into considerations of future products. :)

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
Jamey@NNE said:
The parent company is called hotglowneon...... thats what they do is stereos and under body lights.....

http://hotglowneon.com/home

Yes we originated from the Consumer Lighting and Electronic world! We are bringing all of our Lighting expertise to the Law Enforcement industry that benefit the most from the most up to date and revolutionary lighting products.

Also seeing that you are in Ocoee we would like to invite you to the Cops n' Cars Car show in Oviedo on Jan 26th. It is hosted by the Oviedo Optimist Club and we would love to have you out there as well! :)

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Ive been watching the web site. usually they email me an invite by december but I havent gotten anything. I just emailed them so we will see what they say. pm me your email and ill forward when I get something.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
HG2Lighting said:
No need to apologize! We take all the feedback and opinions into considerations of future products. :)

Ok, I have some feedback for the runners (sp?). They are decent at night but daytime output lacks & almost zero off axis. Also the price is a put off. Most people can't spend $799.95 on something that barely works when they can spend 1/6 of the cost on better lighting. Just my :twocents:

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
strobecrazy said:
Ok, I have some feedback for the runners (sp?). They are decent at night but daytime output lacks & almost zero off axis. Also the price is a put off. Most people can't spend $799.95 on something that barely works when they can spend 1/6 of the cost on better lighting. Just my :twocents:

Points noted :) . The runners are not meant to serve as a primary light. They are supposed to compliment an exterior or interior light bar for additional side visibility. They give you the full 180 deg field of view that is not given by any other product on the market. On SUVs we also push the addition of Quarter Window lights like we have in our demo vehicle.

In regards to the pricing it's hard to cut the cost down with the high quality standards we have. The runners come in a heavy duty custom tooled aluminum housing that is sealed to withstand the harshest road conditions. They are also bolted to the vehicle and not two-way taped.

Again we love all the feedback on our products and hope to design new products from your feedback!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I may not be the biggest fan of the product, but dang it, it's hard to be mad when the company representative doesn't get overly defensive or try to say why their's is the biggest and best no matter what. A good attitude and willingness to improve is what makes me like a company!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
cbpdogboy said:
I think the Feniex running board lights are more effective for the same cost...imo

I believe the Feniex runners will retail at over $1000. Yet again, I could be wrong since I haven't received any specifications, details, pricing, or even notification that the Runner panel is available. And yes, I have asked my rep who told me he'd have to talk to marketing to learn more about the product himself before he could tell me anything.

As for HG2 runners, they may look nice at night but IMO these agencies need protection during the day and night.

Serious question for those at HG2: What makes HG2 runners the better option when compared to 16 Whelen TIR3 or 16 Feniex Cobra T-6 surface mounts? For the same cost as your runner, you could do 8 modules on each side. Sure, installation might be easier with your product since it's basically only two bars, but then again with TIR3s/T6s you would have 180* coverage at the same cost and be seen day an night with no issues. Heck you could get 26 of my AWL T3 surface mounts for $800.. Does your company think the ease if installation is its main selling point?

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
tom said:
I believe the Feniex runners will retail at over $1000. Yet again, I could be wrong since I haven't received any specifications, details, pricing, or even notification that the Runner panel is available. And yes, I have asked my rep who told me he'd have to talk to marketing to learn more about the product himself before he could tell me anything.

As for HG2 runners, they may look nice at night but IMO these agencies need protection during the day and night.

Serious question for those at HG2: What makes HG2 runners the better option when compared to 16 Whelen TIR3 or 16 Feniex Cobra T-6 surface mounts? For the same cost as your runner, you could do 8 modules on each side. Sure, installation might be easier with your product since it's basically only two bars, but then again with TIR3s/T6s you would have 180* coverage at the same cost and be seen day an night with no issues. Heck you could get 26 of my AWL T3 surface mounts for $800.. Does your company think the ease if installation is its main selling point?

Tom you bring up some great points! Both the Whelen TIR3 and Fenix Cobra T-6 are great products.

The ease of installation is a great feature, but it is not our main selling point. Outfitters in this industry are outstanding and have been building brackets and fabricating lighting for so many years that the ease of installation is just a plus :) .

I don't know if you knew this but the HG2 Runners have a 3 Year unconditional warranty. This covers anything no questions asked. Whether the officer was involved in a car accident or their wife was mad and decided to take a sledge hammer to the lights! We also ship out the replacement light first so the vehicle has limited down time.

In additional the entire HG2 product line is Designed, Engineered and Manufactured in the USA! We are very proud that we are able to have such a strong backing behinds us!

Another big point about our product is how low profile it is. It only sits about 0.5" from the rocker panel so it fits right in between the running boards on SUVs and almost flush to any other vehicle on the market. Our number on priority is officer safety so the more low profile and OEM designed product is favorable.

We designed the Runners to withstand a beating :) .

Of course our engineers take all of this feedback into account to enhance future design ideas.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Are the HG2 products certified under any SAE standards? That is a significant factor in many agencies' RFPs. Also, I'd suggest a modification to the Runners, where the footprint (or segments) is larger and flashed at an effective rate (60-120 FPM). I believe that will create a strong distinction between aftermarket show pieces and effective emergency warning signals.

I do like the dual-level products, and I think you should focus on developing products that will draw attention to the outline of a vehicle. That'd be a good niche for HG2.

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
Kevin K. said:
Are the HG2 products certified under any SAE standards? That is a significant factor in many agencies' RFPs. Also, I'd suggest a modification to the Runners, where the footprint (or segments) is larger and flashed at an effective rate (60-120 FPM). I believe that will create a strong distinction between aftermarket show pieces and effective emergency warning signals.

I do like the dual-level products, and I think you should focus on developing products that will draw attention to the outline of a vehicle. That'd be a good niche for HG2.

Kevin,

Yes the Runners are SAE J595 Class 2 Certified :) .

Also there are 20+ Flash Patterns to chose from so they vary from slow to extremely fast.

We will be sure to get your suggestions to the Engineering Department :)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
tom said:

Latest thing I am hearing is they are going to get the price point down to low $800 range, which in my opinion is reasonable given what is in them (16 t-6's)

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I just put it on my site for $899. Pricing was finally put up last night I believe.

I wonder how Feniex's system will compare to HG2's, and which will be easier to use and to install.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jamey@NNE said:
We will find out....... lmao

I will be getting some in for my patrol car within a month. I can't wait. I really want extra modules added to it though for alley light purposes

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
HG2Lighting said:
Points noted :) . The runners are not meant to serve as a primary light. They are supposed to compliment an exterior or interior light bar for additional side visibility. They give you the full 180 deg field of view that is not given by any other product on the market. On SUVs we also push the addition of Quarter Window lights like we have in our demo vehicle.

In regards to the pricing it's hard to cut the cost down with the high quality standards we have. The runners come in a heavy duty custom tooled aluminum housing that is sealed to withstand the harshest road conditions. They are also bolted to the vehicle and not two-way taped.

Again we love all the feedback on our products and hope to design new products from your feedback!

yep... Definitely a very professional attitude, and quite unexpected. It takes courage and a dose of self-confidence to tell forum members and potential customers "hey, feel free to speak up your mind, we like the critique".

Kudos to you HG2 ! :thumbsup:

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
TheGatekeeper said:
yep... Definitely a very professional attitude, and quite unexpected. It takes courage and a dose of self-confidence to tell forum members and potential customers "hey, feel free to speak up your mind, we like the critique".
Kudos to you HG2 ! :thumbsup:

I agree. If only more companys would listen to what people say about their products to make improvements. Good customer service (atitude as well) goes a long way with me.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I'd honestly have to say that I've seen them in person in day and night conditions and they look great at night (like pretty much any light would), but I'm disappointed with the daytime output compared to whelen and federal signal products mounted elsewhere on the same vehicles, and the HG2's were almost invisible when observed from anything more than a 90 degree angle. IMHO, the HG2 runners are the same idea as the sho-me by the inch: a nice idea for lighting in narrow spaces, but lack a punch/footprint. I know that linear products require a little more size, due to the reflectors and other components, but I think that it'd be we'll worth it to look into expanding into some linear technologies.

As for the interior light bars, in order to compete with the top manufacturers, IMHO, you'd have to have lower pricing and multiple flashback shield and mounting bracket options available.

As for the license plate bracket, it looks like a fun idea, but a bit tacky and toyish-looking. If I were going to buy one, I'd only buy a bracket with a strip if lighting going across the top (not all around) the LP

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
We really do want to thank each and everyone of you! Your input and feedback is very important to us! We take everything into account when building future products. By listening to the opinion of those out in the field is one of the most informational pieces of information to us. :)

Please do not forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on twitter :)

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Eric1249 said:
I agree. If only more companys would listen to what people say about their products to make improvements. Good customer service (atitude as well) goes a long way with me.

+1...there's a company on this forum that is known for ripping people off...stayyyyy away from that guy. Keep up the good work. I think they are awesome lights, I wish they had better angled warning power and a lower price because I would consider getting some.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
HG2Lighting said:
Kevin,

Yes the Runners are SAE J595 Class 2 Certified :) .

Class 2 is for blocking a lane. You need to be Class 1 for "requesting the right of way" (clearing traffic). Class 3 is the dimmest and is for ID only (green strobe on a command vehicle, for example) and does not provide any warning function.

There is no SAE "certification" . You need to self-test for SAE compliance (or if you don't have an in-house lab, outsource the testing). It's not like you submit the lights to the SAE lab or anything and they give you a certificate to hang on the wall.

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
leftcoastmark said:
Class 2 is for blocking a lane. You need to be Class 1 for "requesting the right of way" (clearing traffic). Class 3 is the dimmest and is for ID only (green strobe on a command vehicle, for example) and does not provide any warning function.

There is no SAE "certification" . You need to self-test for SAE compliance (or if you don't have an in-house lab, outsource the testing). It's not like you submit the lights to the SAE lab or anything and they give you a certificate to hang on the wall.

Mark,

We appreciate the clarification on the SAE Compliance Standard for the forum. As previously we are class 2 Compliant and act as a secondary warning light along with either an exterior or interior light bar.

Class 1 would be a high intensity light bar required for Emergency Response

Class 2 is for secondary Warning lighting that can compliment a Class 1 light head

Class 3 lighting would be considered a steady burn light head or illuminant to identify a vehicles presence.

What are you using as a substitute for the HG2 Runners in Western Canada? We would love to hear your feedback and input as well. :)

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
NFD-102 said:
+1...there's a company on this forum that is known for ripping people off...stayyyyy away from that guy. Keep up the good work. I think they are awesome lights, I wish they had better angled warning power and a lower price because I would consider getting some.

Please name names. What company are you talking about?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
HG2Lighting said:
HG2 Emergency Lighting 2013 Ford Interceptor SUV Lighting Package vs Competitor Lighting Package

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Welcome to HG2 Emergency Lighting

1-866-468-4569

sales@hg2lighting.com

Like Us On Facebook -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HG2-Emergency-Lighting/223294857715013

Subscribe to Us On YouTube -

HG2lighting1's channel - YouTube

Follow Us On Twitter - @HG2EmerLighting

I want to know why you are scared to allow your products to be compared to an equal product. Like say... Feniex Cobra Rocker panel lights?

I know there have been chances for this to happen but heard there was some complaining about the competitors equipment being nearby....

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
I saw this car as well as a few others with HG2 products on them at the car show mentioned earlier. I am still not impressed with the runners. They aren't that bright, and have terrible off axis output. The visor bar and lights in the rear window weren't bad, and surprisingly the license plate lights were pretty bright. Overall this company has some good ideas but they are going to have to step it up a couple notches if they want to become a player in the emergency warning game.

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
FEVER said:
I want to know why you are scared to allow your products to be compared to an equal product. Like say... Feniex Cobra Rocker panel lights?

I know there have been chances for this to happen but heard there was some complaining about the competitors equipment being nearby....

Due to the fact that the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is twice the thickness

of the HG2 Runner it is not designed to be installed under the body of a

police car. With this bulky design you have lost all of your stealthiness

and covert design which is what the HG2 product line represents.

Brightness is never the challenge it is the low profile design that makes

the HG2 Runner one of a kind in the lighting market.

Being that it is 1 inch tall it wont be long before it is ripped off the

body of the vehicle. This compromises the safety of the public as well as

the officers.

With that said the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is basically an interior

light bar thrown in a box with "Headliner" brackets. This puts a burden on

the Installer spending hours trying to install it and getting it wired

correctly!

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
acala91 said:
I saw this car as well as a few others with HG2 products on them at the car show mentioned earlier. I am still not impressed with the runners. They aren't that bright, and have terrible off axis output. The visor bar and lights in the rear window weren't bad, and surprisingly the license plate lights were pretty bright. Overall this company has some good ideas but they are going to have to step it up a couple notches if they want to become a player in the emergency warning game.

We appreciate you coming out and showing support at the car show! We appreciate your feedback and will use your feedback in our future products. We are also glad you liked the HG2 Crossfire! :)

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
acala91 said:

What can we change about the interior light bars to make them better? We are always looking to make them better!

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
HG2Lighting said:
Due to the fact that the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is twice the thickness
of the HG2 Runner it is not designed to be installed under the body of a

police car. With this bulky design you have lost all of your stealthiness

and covert design which is what the HG2 product line represents.

Brightness is never the challenge it is the low profile design that makes

the HG2 Runner one of a kind in the lighting market.

Being that it is 1 inch tall it wont be long before it is ripped off the

body of the vehicle. This compromises the safety of the public as well as

the officers.

With that said the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is basically an interior

light bar thrown in a box with "Headliner" brackets. This puts a burden on

the Installer spending hours trying to install it and getting it wired

correctly!

I highly doubt the half inch difference is going to be a problem. It may be a half inch thicker, but it is less expensive, and best of all brighter.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
One thing that I noticed is that tint seems to really kill the output of the visor bar. On the lights in the rear and side windows, the nights seem unnecessarily large for what they are. I would like to see a light with the diodes closer together so that it appears as one light instead of a bunch of small ones close together.

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
acala91 said:
One thing that I noticed is that tint seems to really kill the output of the visor bar. On the lights in the rear and side windows, the nights seem unnecessarily large for what they are. I would like to see a light with the diodes closer together so that it appears as one light instead of a bunch of small ones close together.

That is very great input! We can definitely make the quarter window lights closer together! We appreciate that! Every form of feedback helps!

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
HG2Lighting said:
That is very great input! We can definitely make the quarter window lights closer together! We appreciate that! Every form of feedback helps!

It's definitely nice to see a company that listens to feedback. You guys are doing it right it seems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.