Side By Side 2013 Ford Interceptor SUV Lighting Package Comparison

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
HG2Lighting said:
Yes we originated from the Consumer Lighting and Electronic world! We are bringing all of our Lighting expertise to the Law Enforcement industry that benefit the most from the most up to date and revolutionary lighting products.

Also seeing that you are in Ocoee we would like to invite you to the Cops n' Cars Car show in Oviedo on Jan 26th. It is hosted by the Oviedo Optimist Club and we would love to have you out there as well! :)

You can see how this turned out here, but read on first... http://elightbars.org/forums/f25/story-today-43131/

HG2Lighting said:
Due to the fact that the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is twice the thickness
of the HG2 Runner it is not designed to be installed under the body of a

police car. With this bulky design you have lost all of your stealthiness

and covert design which is what the HG2 product line represents.

Brightness is never the challenge it is the low profile design that makes

the HG2 Runner one of a kind in the lighting market.

Being that it is 1 inch tall it wont be long before it is ripped off the

body of the vehicle. This compromises the safety of the public as well as

the officers.

With that said the Feniex Rocker Panel Light is basically an interior

light bar thrown in a box with "Headliner" brackets. This puts a burden on

the Installer spending hours trying to install it and getting it wired

correctly!

Wow, a 71" interior lightbar... I can't say that I've seen one of those on any of the manufacturer's sites, can you link me to one?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
HG2Lighting said:

the officers.

I drive a Crown Victoria. While I do not have the Feniex Rocker Panel lights, I have run one inch thick (thicker lights than the Feniex's) under my car for over a year. I've been in numerous pursuits (on road, off road, air born, and through heavy enough brush that I've had mirrors knocked off). I've had the entire front end of my patrol car replaced but the lights under neath went unharmed. The key is mounting position.

So since a marked car does not need to be covert, you are saying that the HG2 runner is not suitable for my needs as I am driving a marked car? I need bright EFFECTIVE warning, not something hidden.

HG2Lighting said:

correctly!

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but.... they designed their light for the place it will be. The Cobra series is not an interior bar. I'm sure they would not offer it if they felt that it would not work. I've heard that the install of these on a Crown Victoria is relatively easy. Is it as simple as pulling back some tape from the back side of a strip light? No. But wiring isn't a big issue... especially when i have effective patterns, traffic advisor capability, as well as alley light/work light options.

And if it is just a light bar thrown in a box, the majority of people here feel that the HG2 rocker lights are in just another strip light trying to be an emergency light. Are they a cool idea? Yes, but your argument above about it not being meant to be bright as much as it is covert will not earn my business on my installs or on my active duty patrol car.

It is of my opinion... that if it needs to be covert, it doesn't need much side lighting done at all because it will not have the same functions as most non-covert police cars.

tom said:
I highly doubt the half inch difference is going to be a problem. It may be a half inch thicker, but it is less expensive, and best of all brighter.

Tom, I'm currently running some TIR4 style lights I purchased from you a year ago under my car. I've put my patrol car through hell and they have gone unscathed.

HG2Lighting said:
What are they priced at?

$825. The price I was quoted as a "sale" for HG2 runners was $799. So that argument goes to you, however; i'm sure I could also get them cheaper than that as a sale.

I'm in the market for two sets of runner lights. I still might by one of each just to compare them on the cars. At which time I will do a full side by side review and comparisson. I will even put the HG2 on an impala that has more ground clearance than my CVPI and also doesn't see the abuse that my CVPI sees.

I just read the thread in the ring completely. You might be able to complain about someone to get them removed or handicapped at a car show, but I can assure you that it will not get us removed from ELB.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
FEVER said:
Tom, I'm currently running some TIR4 style lights I purchased from you a year ago under my car. I've put my patrol car through hell and they have gone unscathed.

Nic, do you have a video of this? I'd love to see it!!

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
tom said:
Nic, do you have a video of this? I'd love to see it!!

Me too... Airborn..... lol

Besides, I threw the car on a lift, screwed the lights to the car (I could hang from them they are secure) and ran wires threw floor to console. About 2 hours total including a trip to ace for different screws and drill bit.

Nick@Feniex

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
HG2Lighting said:

the officers.

correctly!

HG2 definitely nailed it when it comes to being stealth. Its so stealth you don't even notice it when its turned on.

In the rhetorical words of a third grader, "You started it"

-Gary

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I think you guys are being too hard on them. The lights work great for blocking traffic...........if the cruiser is at a perfect 90 degree perpindicular angle to approaching traffic, and said traffic consists of those little cars that the Shriners drive and street luges.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
SafetyLighting said:
I think you guys are being too hard on them. The lights work great for blocking traffic...........if the cruiser is at a perfect 90 degree perpindicular angle to approaching traffic, and said traffic consists of those little cars that the Shriners drive and street luges.

Ha.. Sarcasm :D

picone239

Jul 22, 2010
Paramus, NJ
What kind of LEDs/Optics are you using in the rear side windows compared to the runners? The windows looks a lot brighter, even behind tint.

HG2Lighting

Apr 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
In the visors and crossfire we use superbright 5watt LEDs.

We also want to thank everyone for there feedback and support. With all of your constructive criticism we will develop better products towards a brighter future. We did not mean to make this personal, we would like to formally apologize. If we have offended anyone this was not intentional.

On behalf of HG2 we would also like to wish each and everyone of you the greatest success in the 2013 year! All of us are here for the one reason of keeping officers safe out in the line of duty! :thumbsup:

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
HG2Lighting said:
Class 1 would be a high intensity light bar required for Emergency Response

Class 2 is for secondary Warning lighting that can compliment a Class 1 light head

Class 3 lighting would be considered a steady burn light head or illuminant to identify a vehicles presence.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with those descriptions above. The SAE Classes don't have anything to do with patterns (such as the "steady burn" you mention), but all to do with intensity. Class 3 is not to identify a vehicle's presence - it is to use the light as an Identification light. For example, we use a green beacon on the roof of a vehicle that can be switched on at scene (never in responding mode) to indicate the scene command vehicle.

As mentioned, Class 2 is designed for blocking a lane of traffic (i.e. - the emergency vehicle is stopped), as opposed to getting traffic out of your way while you're moving, which is a Class 1 application. For example, a lightbar should meet Class 1 but a directional arrow can be Class 2 (though Class 1 is better) because a directional arrow is only really used when the emergency vehicle is stopped.

SAE also dictates colour accuracy and a number of other factors, but intensity is the one we are normally concerned about.

Cheers

Keep it simple, straight forward and practical and people will like it.

I still think companies/installers should perhaps take a break from making new stuff, and instead think of ingenious places to put the lights.

I preferred the vehicle on the left more, as the whole side-runners and LP seemed a bit, dare I say...gimmicky.. :/

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
HG2 -

Congrats on getting a full demo going.

My first thought is: Can we get a list of what is being compared? I didn't see a noticeable difference between the two vehicles.

Before it looks like I am tearing apart a product based on a single video, I should address some of the other factors that have me concerned. Being thin or low profile is not an excuse to be inadequately bright or visible. You'd be better off with extra size as long as that allowed you to meet standards for the applications in which you show the products being used. As far as some of your responses, I am a little concerned we are seeing the whole "display a light as a primary device, then disclaim it as not for primary warning" thing again. There is a specific market on other sites for selling low output leds with catchy features to people that shop for warning lights like a fashion accessories. If that's your market that's fine, but expect some heavy criticism here. Products marketed here get compared to major name warning light companies. You will not be able to avoid these comparisons because their products represent the standards for the industry. We do products reviews, testing and comparisons for dealers and manufacturers. You can see some existing one in the main site Product Reviews section. The users of the site also contribute User Submitted Equipment Reviews. If you are are serious about making a legitimate presence in the industry and on this site there are many resources for you here.

If you have any products that you would like objectively put up for review, please PM.

John Marcson

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Sorry to say... I think the under body lights and the license plate lights look like they belong on a japanese street racer.

just so it can be liked again...

all those blinking lights on the LP's look like somebody got excited with a glue gun and some leds....

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Jarred J. said:
Sorry to say... I think the under body lights and the license plate lights look like they belong on a japanese street racer.

just so it can be liked again...

all those blinking lights on the LP's look like somebody got excited with a glue gun and some leds....

Always something to complain about..... never anything better to do?

Cut them some slack....

I think it's pretty ingenious how they converted a bedazzler into an LED install tool. :crazy:

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Ummm...not trying to be rude but, your lights are not bright in fact they are the exact opposite of bright and that would be dim. Really, really, really, really, dim, just to be exact.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
In all honesty, I saw all three of their demo cars in person this weekend and the interior lightbars are not that bad. They aren't on the level of the big three but they aren't bad. Also, the license plate lights are decently bright as well but I agree they look like something from autozone. That being said, the rest of their products suck, the runners especially.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.