Signal-Stat Dual Comm 9581 salvage

Don't know if it's worth the effort. It's not like I don't have other projects to work on...and planting will be upon us soon enough so the Idle Farmers Workshop will be on hiatus till the Fall. There are those rainy days, though....

Front

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363198395.394736.jpg

Back

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363198435.184369.jpg

The domes are so fogged that I didn't notice...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363198455.482653.jpg

Anyone have a spare rotator? (Actually, I will need two as the other side doesn't seem to have a motor.) I would hate to use Deitz rotators (but they will work)!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363198474.422209.jpg

Will need a mounting base too.

Oh we'll, not bad for $25.

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Intact clear domes are hard to come by and so are the end caps. I say restore it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement, friends. I have already tested a dome and they will clean up very nicely. I have three Dietz rotators from my mini bar project (1 fast, 2 normal speed) and they will only need an 1/8th" gasket to be the same height of the flashers and the mounting base bolt pattern is the same.

I always liked the NYPD Dual Comm, but for us Southerners who are accustomed to the other end of color spectrum, I wonder how it would look with blue instead?

Or blue/red (and a tip o the hat to our Cali neighbors--steady burn to the front)?

Or...any suggestions?

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Nice project. By the way i still have the mounting hardware for that too.

the stationary lightsuse the same bulb brackets as the rotors.

IMG_0031.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

plybeep68

Aug 29, 2011
Jonesborough TN
I have a couple of similar bars with the red and blue domes, i like them but i think they would be "cooler" with the clear domes!!! just my :twocents:

Corn is planted; weeds sprayed and some much needed moisture gave me a little time to play....

Dome cleanup test--Before/After comparison:

I spent about an hour with a 3M headlight polish kit and got this result. I'll go back over with the wet/dry pad and polish again but looks like they can be salvaged into respectable looking domes. Power washed aluminum parts and ready to do some serious puttering about. This may turn out to be a lot of fun!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368398573.622723.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1368398613.606326.jpg

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
That is a huge improvement. I swear by the 3M kit for a quicker fix. Nicely done and I can't wait to see more pictures of your progress.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.