Sparky's 2017 GMC Sierra 2500HD

Which ones??

• WHelen M6 B/W

• Feniex 6x4 Widelux B/w

• Feniex Cobra T6 4 pack Blue

Results are only viewable after voting.

nerdly_dood

Veteran Member
If you're gonna have a beacon... gotta be halogen, CIE blue, fast motor, ideally from a European brand like Hella or VAMA or whoever makes those French teardrops.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
It's only up there semi-perminantly. I will say though, the 3 magnet idea is holding well. Snow, rain, ice, wind, speeds in excess of 90mph and rock solid.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
While doing a 360 I discovered my SNM 4200 was only half working... Bench tested and nothing, quick e-chat and phone call to the SNM folks and its going back (still under warranty). Details to come, once that's said and done.
More on this. Since the 4200 is no longer produced my replacement offerings from SNM were either an E64 warn/flood or an eflood trudual 5400 2.0. I opted for the trudual, same rough profile as the 4200. I shipped in the 4200 Jan 10 (from IL) had the new light by Jan 23.

20190124_120635.jpg

Had to mount it out front further. The hair taller and wider profile wont allow for brackets so it's not tucked in safely behind the bumper. Sticks out just shy of an inch. Video to follow soon.
20190124_123445.jpg

More on this. Since the 4200 is no longer produced my replacement offerings from SNM were either an E64 warn/flood or an eflood trudual 5400 2.0. I opted for the trudual, same rough profile as the 4200. I shipped in the 4200 Jan 10 (from IL) had the new light by Jan 23.

View attachment 216531

Had to mount it out front further. The hair taller and wider profile wont allow for brackets so it's not tucked in safely behind the bumper. Sticks out just shy of an inch. Video to follow soon.
View attachment 216532
Cost you anything?

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Just shipping of the old bar back to SNM, like $10.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Ive ordered multiple things from them over the years and fortunately have never had to return or warranty anything. This is my first time working with them in that regard. Painless, easy transaction in this case.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Small update. Tossed a roof bar on for use on the race track. Some new updates coming soon.
20190817_161017.jpg

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
Code 3 420?

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Yup. Oldie but goodie. Works better in daylight than the AM600.

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
I've got one I keep in the f150

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
They're super handy. 4 magnets and long cable. Toss and go. I used to keep it in GFs Forester, but with the sun roof and rack there's no roof real estate like her Fusion had. I need to do a build thread on her forester now that I think about it.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
So I've kinda gone off the rails as far as keeping it interior to "save MPG". Getting promotion so I will be doing a roof bar now. I'll probably move the mirror light down to dash, change up the grille and add some stuff around tailgate/light area. Details to come after new year.

John Smith

I'd consider an interior bar instead. Cheaper, lighter, zero wind noise, not hampered by inclement weather, no MPG hit, and still incredibly effective.

I used to be all about a full bar, but after being convinced to try the ILB on our newest cars, I'm a believer, and we won't use anything else.

OP
OP
Sparky_911

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Yes but now I'll be doing more on scene responses vs running to the barn to get a rig. I now also have to install a mobile radio so getting clutter out of the cab is a plus. I also put bigger/beefier tires on it a few months ago so there goes my mpgs anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Andyems
Top Bottom