Starting over. 2009 Explorer

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
What brand brush guard? I'm still trying to figure out how that intersection bracket you made for the side of the brush guard works (as in how the wires are run without getting pinched) as for a dash cam- I'd get a go pro if you have the $ which judging by all your lights, shouldn't be a problem OR get a cheap dash cam from Walmart (I just picked one up) not sure how the video quality is but for $30 heck, why not?

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

NEB

Oct 8, 2015
NE
What brand brush guard? I'm still trying to figure out how that intersection bracket you made for the side of the brush guard works (as in how the wires are run without getting pinched) as for a dash cam- I'd get a go pro if you have the $ which judging by all your lights, shouldn't be a problem OR get a cheap dash cam from Walmart (I just picked one up) not sure how the video quality is but for $30 heck, why not?
I also use the Walmart one, I upgraded the memory card so it doesn't loop as often without saving, and the quality is pretty darn good. Has been good for catching wrecks when it needs to.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
The brush guard is a Weston. I made the brackets for the side lights in case in change the lights (tends to happen lol) I can just make a new bracket and use the same holes.

I will check out the Go Pro camera. Is there a mount for a windshield?

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Is there a mount for a windshield?

They make a suction cup mount but it's kinda big, if you end up getting a go pro I would suggest getting one of the newer ones (they're a lot smaller) and find a spot where you want it and use the mount that has 3m tape on the back, she'll never budge with that

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
That. Is. Epic. Sync'ed even the trailer, badass. Digging those alley lights.

If you're still looking for a dash cam, gopro came out with a new hero (gray in color) for like 100 bucks. I have a hero 3 silver plus ($350) and a gray one. Easy to use and indestructible. Most of my videos are shot usong them.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
That. Is. Epic. Sync'ed even the trailer, badass. Digging those alley lights.

If you're still looking for a dash cam, gopro came out with a new hero (gray in color) for like 100 bucks. I have a hero 3 silver plus ($350) and a gray one. Easy to use and indestructible. Most of my videos are shot usong them.

Thanks. I will have to look into the GoPro Hero. How is the picture quality?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Holy blinkies batman! From a distance, I bet people confuse your POV and trailer with a full-size heavy rescue! Love the flash patterns/sync, and I only wish the mechanics in our shop looked like your girl (way easier on the eyes than the old guys that maintain our rigs!)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
You can go full 1080. I keep mine at 720, easier to upload. All of my response videos are shot using the Hero 3 silver.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have changed things up a bit. All my lights run off external flashers. I ran the positive wire back for each individual light head back to the flashers. I can change things up easily.

IMG_5947.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_5945.PNG
    IMG_5945.PNG
    360.5 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
My neighbor has a shop and we been making some brackets for Feniex lights. It all started with the guy that I plow for wanted a simple way to mount a couple extra lights in the rear of the pick ups. I wanted to add a couple ambers to the front of my truck. So we made a bracket for that. It is a taller T3 bracket. I used the bolts from the off road lights. Simple.

Attachments

• IMG_6162.JPG
    IMG_6162.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6149.JPG
    IMG_6149.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6322.JPG
    IMG_6322.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: TritonBoulder47

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Looks good.
I use 1.25 inch angle aluminum to fab up my T6/3 brackets. Lil spray on bedliner works perfectly.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
How did you run all your wires from the front inside the hole in the passenger floor, there doesn't seem to be a great way of doing so without them being zip tied to the frame

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
How did you run all your wires from the front inside the hole in the passenger floor, there doesn't seem to be a great way of doing so without them being zip tied to the frame

I came out through that hole and went along the frame. A bit of a pain but it worked. I have a lot of wires running out to the front.

Reactions: hfdemt4095

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I been changing things up a little bit. The interior bar is a Feniex Pegasus that was gutted and now has dual color Fusions in it. It is synced with the dual color Fusions on the mirrors with a Whelen ULF44. One the brush guard is a dual color Fusion 600. I usually run all red so I can add the white to the 600 with a separate switch. In the fogs are older 120 Cannons. They are two mode but will be changed to 3 mode. They are also used as fog lights. In the fogs are a second set of amber white 3 mode 120 Cannons. I have the amber wired separately from the reds. The front flood mode will turn on the ILB, mirrors, 600 and a pair of Cannons in the fogs.
Tomorrow I will be getting new 3 modes for the fogs and some rocker panel lights. I got single color. A red on each end and the rest are all white to be used like an alley light. I have good coverage to the sides so I figured that would be enough having red ends. The sides have a red Cobra to the side of the brush guard, mirrors and a Cobra 400 in the side rear window. It is all synced with the Whelen ULF44.
This is the first decent day we've had in awhile. This was taken in direct sunlight

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Nice. I'm surprised the ULF44 worked seamlessly with the dual color fusions.
Is there any way to flash the 600 all clear then all red? (ie triple flash clear then triple flash red). I think that'd be way more effective.
Id also like to see some clear flashing in the ILB in mode 3 (alternating half ILB clear and half red) for some extra solid color punches ;-)

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Nice. I'm surprised the ULF44 worked seamlessly with the dual color fusions.
Is there any way to flash the 600 all clear then all red? (ie triple flash clear then triple flash red). I think that'd be way more effective.
Id also like to see some clear flashing in the ILB in mode 3 (alternating half ILB clear and half red) for some extra solid color punches ;-)

I usually don't use the white and if I do it is to a minimum. There are two warning modes on the 600 and I usually run it all red. I believe there is a pattern where it flashes all red then all white. I just like there is a flicker in this pattern that I like

I used all Dummy heads in the ILB

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.