Starting over. 2009 Explorer

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Light Force are wired up.  A white and red Cobra dummy's are also on and wired up.  Red's are synced and white are used like alley lights.  I am impressed with the output of the white.

I ordered a red Cobra 600.  So I have two.  One I removed the flasher and can be synced up and they other I will leave the flasher in it.  And I put red Cannons in the fogs and I am not sure I like them.  So I need to pick one of these options:

1. Leave the red in the fogs (they are synced with interior bar) and put the 600 on the brush guard on either a random pattern or sync it up.

2. Same as above and put the new Cannons in the turn signals and have them flash white.

3. 600 on brush guard (random or synced) and put the white Cannons back in the fogs.

brush guard 8.jpg

Brush guard 9.jpg

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Since you don't have a HLF I'd say put the cannons back in the fogs. The white is a good breakup to all the red, and being another color is a good one to set to a non sync pattern. Sync the cobra up with everything else.

Or

Or another option is leave the red in and sync the 600 cannons and whole expo, but either put cannons in the light force or if possible hook them up to an HLF.

laws in the turn signals are kind of pointless IMO due to the small housing

You have all your bases covered with this install but I definitely think some white to the front would be a good break up to the sync and also be a great attention getter

Last edited by a moderator:

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Looks great! 

Are the Intersectors turned more forward facing versus out to the sides? Doesn't seem to have much flash to the rear, although it was hard to tell from the last video.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Looks great! 

Are the Intersectors turned more forward facing versus out to the sides? Doesn't seem to have much flash to the rear, although it was hard to tell from the last video.
They are turned a little.  I wanted them to sit level.  Otherwise the OCD would have kicked in lol.  And to accomplish that I had to turn them more forward.

The g/f was thinking I should add some lights to the running board.

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
They are turned a little.  I wanted them to sit level.  Otherwise the OCD would have kicked in lol.  And to accomplish that I had to turn them more forward.

The g/f was thinking I should add some lights to the running board.

Ah gotcha. As for the running board lights, I am not a fan.  If anything. I would put something tucked in with the roof rack along the side. A R/W N-Force perhaps for a little bit of extra punch.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Sorry Eric the Cannons in the fogs just don't work for me. I understand why you put them back but my personal feeling is you need a better pop of white. Thoughts on putting a HLF on the spot lights on the brush guard??

Otherwise the truck looks wicked sick!! Strong work!!

Seth

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I think your side warning is as perfect as you could ask for. The front/brush guard intersection T6's provide good coverage as you make entry into the box; under mirror SOS lights provide good mid body warning and the rear side glass provides good strong rear/side warning. The overall side warning is excellent.

I wight consider adding some separation between the red and white/clear T6 in order to negate some of the washout of the red and wiring them to flash as well as steady burn for alley lights.

Overall i have enjoyed watching your truck lighting evolve since I started here...

Good job.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Saw the video you posted of the T3's. Moving the 600? 
I was just messing with the T3's.  I love the effectiveness of the 600 on the brush guard but I am not sure I like the look?  I have a pair of black covers coming for the Lightforce.  I was messing around with the T3's and some Cobra heads.  I could get them behind the grill (believe they would fit) and they would still be visible behind the Lightforce.  

Brush guard 11.JPG

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not gonna lie Eric...although the 600 looks good, I miss the powerarcs (I don't like trucks that are all powerarc, but I love a combination of them and flashing LEDs up front).

Are you considering an Apollo 600 stick at some point down the road to give u some off-axis? (With the light force lights, I don't think you'd need R/C apollo heads, unless u wanted to flash clear)

, but I think the apollo would look good in place of the cobra stick

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Not gonna lie Eric...although the 600 looks good, I miss the powerarcs (I don't like trucks that are all powerarc, but I love a combination of them and flashing LEDs up front).

Are you considering an Apollo 600 stick at some point down the road to give u some off-axis? (With the light force lights, I don't think you'd need R/C apollo heads, unless u wanted to flash clear)

, but I think the apollo would look good in place of the cobra stick
Yesterday I had to respond from the GF's house and it is clear across town.  Morning rush hour traffic.  And I don't think I swore at anyone in my head lol.  It cleared traffic great.  The Power Arcs were effective but I think the 600 did better.  I will say that since I converted the Pegasus to a Cobra it made a big difference as well.   

The Power Arcs were great but I didn't like the look so much

Here is an off topic question.  I been debating different rims.  Go with a satin or keep it gloss?  I have two dierent sets in mind.  They will fit truck and trailer. 

Speaking of trailer.  I ran hot with it the other day.  I avoided/waited till I got through some busier intersections.  There are no lights on it yet.  No problems.  G saw me and said it needs lights lol

brush guard 2.jpg

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
I was just messing with the T3's. I love the effectiveness of the 600 on the brush guard but I am not sure I like the look? I have a pair of black covers coming for the Lightforce. I was messing around with the T3's and some Cobra heads. I could get them behind the grill (believe they would fit) and they would still be visible behind the Lightforce.

You have the sexiest explorer man.. If only I had the money, time and the patience to to buy and wire all of the lights you have..

Reactions: Eric1249

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Here is an off topic question.  I been debating different rims.  Go with a satin or keep it gloss?  I have two dierent sets in mind.  They will fit truck and trailer. 
Eric,

I am generally a solid color rim guy, preferring black to chrome. However, given your black on grey/silver color scheme the dual tone rims look really good in my opinion. The brushed aluminum really matches the color of your Explorer well.

I would leave your rims as is.

I am thinking of changing my Pegasus up to a cobra Pegasus.

Reactions: tsquale

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am thinking of changing my Pegasus up to a cobra Pegasus.
Is Feniex going to have a Cobra bar for your truck/car?  With a little patience you can convert yours.  And you can sell the heads on here or ebay.  I used all dummy heads since everything is on an external flasher. 

I have a set of black covers coming for the Lightforce.  So my thought was two maybe 4 Cobra dummys behind the grill. The two red Cannons in the fogs all synced. The amber/white Cannon 360's in the turn signals and the white would be in place of a HLF.  Opinions?

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
Is Feniex going to have a Cobra bar for your truck/car? With a little patience you can convert yours. And you can sell the heads on here or ebay. I used all dummy heads since everything is on an external flasher.

I have a set of black covers coming for the Lightforce. So my thought was two maybe 4 Cobra dummys behind the grill. The two red Cannons in the fogs all synced. The amber/white Cannon 360's in the turn signals and the white would be in place of a HLF. Opinions?
No more white cannons in the fogs? I think that looked great... IMO if you go put Amber/whites in the turn signals and 4 t6's in the grille it would be too clustered towards the grille area

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.