Streethawk lightbar short model

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
I have got this Streethawk lightbar, short model in my collection...

Lightbarhawk.jpg[/attachment:3rlr8mve]

If I am informed right, these short model Streethawks are quite more "rare" than the longer ones, or what ?

This bar has got the faster rotating rotors.

Anyone got pictures of emergency vehicles with this type of lightbar on the roof??

Lightbarhawk.jpg

Stendec

May 21, 2010
They were "rare" in that demand was pretty low. If they'd come out at the same times as the 70's police package Nova, there'd be a lot more around, but they came out in the 80's, when some agencies were still experimenting with smallish cars. I saw a couple on Reliants/Aries primarily, and the AMC Concord which was briefly marketed as a fleet vehicle. Some were civilian LE rides, but for some reason the smaller cars and bars seemed more popular with military LE.

I have dim recollections of a late 70's early 80's catalog, FS or S&W, that had a Pinto on the cover with a small, not mini, bar.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
It's got a speaker grille. Is there room for a speaker in there?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.