Streethawk variants?

Jmcd8645

Registered Member
Hi,

Seen this for sale fairly local (In the U.K.). Looks like a Streethawk, but I’ve not seen them with the half domes either side of the speaker.
Came off a recovery truck.

Is it a cheap knock off or a European Variant licenced By Federal?

Admin, feel free to move this post if it’s on the wrong section.

Attachments

SeattleSAR

Silver Supporter
Now I want to get an MX frame and cram 3 or 4 center sections in it, just so this monstrosity can be outdone.

OP
OP
J

Jmcd8645

Registered Member
Thanks for the replies.
Yea, I wasn’t convinced. But for about £80 ($100) delivered I might just buy it for curiosity sake.

For some reason I find it more appealing now it’s been described as a monstrosity

Nolines

Silver Supporter
Are you sure it's a knockoff, seems to me I've seen those parts before in the 28 in versions though without an old point of reference from a catalog I may be mistaken....

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
Are you sure it's a knockoff, seems to me I've seen those parts before in the 28 in versions though without an old point of reference from a catalog I may be mistaken....
The Federal Streethawk grill has slots grouped in series of 5, with bigger slot openings. They also did not use a label such as that. The small sections also are too small to be the standard sections Federal used in their all light configuration.

SeattleSAR

Silver Supporter
The Federal Streethawk grill has slots grouped in series of 5, with bigger slot openings. They also did not use a label such as that. The small sections also are too small to be the standard sections Federal used in their all light configuration.
Now that you mention it, it does almost look like someone grabbed the speaker grille from an MX and wrapped it around that bar.

Pete L.

Site Veteran
If you do get it, please pop the domes off and get us a couple of pics.
That will be the clincher. . . . . . . . . . . . . Still curious about the 1/2 center sections ;)

stansdds

Veteran Member
That's a real oddball. Wolo? Maybe, but the only Wolo bars I've seen advertised are 48 inches wide.
Federal Signal? They did make a Firehawk that was somewhere around 60 inches wide, but it consisted of two outer sections and two center sections plus a slim connector strip between the two center sections.
This doesn't fit either of those two possibilities. I'll say that someone got creative, build-a-bar style.

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Supporter
I shouldn't have to work this hard to prove a knock off is a knock off.... but I finally found it for you non-believers.

1591963409219.png

OP
OP
J

Jmcd8645

Registered Member
I believed you when you mentioned the grill formation.
Good find though. Could have been any Chinese manufacturer.

EHFD_Tower_751

Site Regular
Looking at the pics and stuff i wonder of you could rebuild it with actual streethawk pieces, or would it be a royal pain and a headache

OP
OP
J

Jmcd8645

Registered Member
Just as an update I didn’t get this bar, I’m sure that will bring relief and disappointment all round

I ended up getting this instead. It’s a project, but I’m looking forward to it. Only arrived tonight, but already got a couple of questions. I will start another thread tomorrow when I get it opened up and see it in day light Tomorrow.

Attachments

lotsofbars

Veteran Member
Looks good! Streethawks are among the easiest bars to work on. I just totally reconfigured one, and it took like an hour, tops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
secouristecroixrouge
Top Bottom