Strobes N More Interior Lightbar

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Thanks for the feedback. We have added the half red and half blue option to the drop down so you will get the discount and we felt the pricing to be very reasonable for that you are getting compared to similar bars available today.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Strobesnmore said:
Thanks for the feedback. We have added the half red and half blue option to the drop down so you will get the discount and we felt the pricing to be very reasonable for that you are getting compared to similar bars available today.

While I'd like to see take downs I still think this is FAR superior to other "budget" bars on the market.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
For the cost of some dash lights, you can have half a bar. And being universal makes it really easy to resell for us that tend to change things up often. So I think that is a good selling point as well.

I think the thing that is holding me back from trying one out is not knowing how well it will go through the tint strip (Pinnacle was terrible) and I would like to see all the flash patterns. Other then that I think it is a great product.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
I'm anxious to see it on some vehicles... I know Luis likes these studio videos but I'm beginning to think he's a vampire ;) Lets see some outside ones on a demo vehicle!

ful-vue

Aug 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
Somewhat radical solution: the last time I got a windshield replaced, the new one had no tint strip. That was a while back and for an older car though (1997). Worth asking your local glass guy though.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Would love to see it installed in something.. Patiently waiting.

DMCGONAGIL

Feb 5, 2012
WI
So Louis, with the new Eclipse and the updated E6 Mini's, any plans on updating the D6 and D12 dashlights with the new LED's and Optics?

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
DMCGONAGIL said:
So Louis, with the new Eclipse and the updated E6 Mini's, any plans on updating the D6 and D12 dashlights with the new LED's and Optics?

SNM is already ahead of you. ;)

Strobesnmore said:
We are now offering our D6 and D12 dash lights with a synch / hardwire feature plus they all have our brand new diodes in them which offer almost 50% increase in light output over our previous models. These lights are incredibly bright and now will synch with all the other strobes n more products we offer.

http://elightbars.org/forums/f59/strobes-n-more-dash-lights-now-available-synch-feature-47736/

chittshrek

Aug 24, 2011
Chittenango, NY
Man, I bought my D12 and E66 Dual Color last year. Both are bright as hell the only thing I had commented on and never got a response was the short wire for the E66. I had to get my own wires and make my own harness to run to the switch(the one they made for it). I suggested they offer either a longer wire or a harness for it. I have a 2000 Tahoe with tint in the rear and the E66 punches through it day and night bright as can be. I would definitely buy products and suggest their products to friends. Some day I will figure out how to post video.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
I have a few snm lights on my vehicle and they are BRIGHT. If these are supposed to be brighter... holy sunglasses. the only place I think it's going to be the factor for this bar or a brand over the pricing is with the takedowns. The way all the new style lights are coming out with a whole bar flood option over a couple module takedowns like in the past is what will be the deciding option. As bright as this looks, maybe a version two later on can be a dual light head version with all whites come on for flood for competing with the new bars. Agree like it was said in the video that the old way of takedowns was not good on the brightness, but a full flood is awesome. everything else looks great. I was anticipating this bar and was wanting one but now these dual color lights are making me think. also the only thing I don't see a blue white mix in the options. for the price and brightness, awesome looking product!

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
chittshrek said:
Man, I bought my D12 and E66 Dual Color last year. Both are bright as hell the only thing I had commented on and never got a response was the short wire for the E66. I had to get my own wires and make my own harness to run to the switch(the one they made for it). I suggested they offer either a longer wire or a harness for it. I have a 2000 Tahoe with tint in the rear and the E66 punches through it day and night bright as can be. I would definitely buy products and suggest their products to friends. Some day I will figure out how to post video.

That's very good to know considering I've purchased both. Thank you!

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
bluestinger90 said:
But you know the strobesnmore Eclipse is the one that doesn't suck.

Yes, I do. However, if you get out and start talking to the general firefighter population, they aren't going to. Just an interesting observation is all.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
FEVER said:
While I'd like to see take downs I still think this is FAR superior to other "budget" bars on the market.

I agree about the takedowns. I would like if there were flashing takedowns. I would like just a little white/clear. In my opinion red/clear all the way across the bar is too much clear for my liking. I was considering a Pegasus until I saw the SNM bar. That is one advantage the Pegasus has is that you can select each head.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
Just wanted to let everyone know with a 2011+ Dodge Charger to hold off on purchasing this product until I can get a hold of SNM tomorrow and find out what is going on with the "Universal" brackets they provide with the Eclipse bar. I attempted to install the brackets in my car after picking the bar up today (drove from CT to RI) and I ended up only being able to get one side under the visor mount and due to the design of the Charger where the swinging portion of the visor mount is attached I am unable to even get the second mount underneath at all.

I will be giving SNM a call tomorrow to find out when the universal mount isn't so universal.

Besides this above issue which is a BIG one since I do not want to drill into my headliner (already made one hole) I had them hook up the bar at their location and man is it BRIGHT!!!! Looks like a very solid product from what I can see. Hopefully I can get the bracket issue fixed tomorrow.

wd97tj

Jan 5, 2011
ny
my bar is on the ups truck for delivery and I hope to install tonight. Hope to post pics and video soon.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
code60a said:
No universal mount is universal with everything. Doesn't matter what light or manufacturer.

ill agree with this completely........

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
code60a said:
No universal mount is universal with everything. Doesn't matter what light or manufacturer.

Then it isn't so universal is it...?

"The universal mounting system includes 2 sets of mounts to fit just about any vehicle and the OPTION to permanently mount the unit to the headliner."

Reading the above seeing it as an "option" and me having a Dodge Charger (civilian version) I would assume assume that that it would fit my vehicle but it doesn't got at all (even had to make modification to one bracket by bending the forks inwards.

I've spend about $1,000 at SNM between lights and a controller. The customer service was always shaky cause some people you got on the phone with knew what they were talking about and some didn't. But after this experience all I can say is I will NEVER be ordering anything from them again nor will I be referring anyone to purchase any of their products.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
strobecrazy said:
You need to go back and watch the first video, even Louis said it will not work with all vehicles you will have to play with it.

Should have been in the description of the product. Not everyone watches the videos fully (including myself).

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
CTKB said:
Should have been in the description of the product. Not everyone watches the videos fully (including myself).

Deal with it. You sound like a whiny little b!tch. If you are installing stuff into your POV, you should know what universal means. I would argue it IS universal because you have the option to punch a self-tapper into the headliner via the mounting holes on the brackets.

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
CTKB said:

Universal can only be so universal. There are hundreds/thousands of different visors between different makes and models. Universal simply means that you CAN mount it, but as with anything universal you will have to tweak it or possibly even make your own brackets! They give you a screw on option and an under the visor option, one of the two W ILL work with modification. Be patient and use creativity. After all, what fun is it to start a project and finish it with ease? I peraonally enjoy the challenge of making it "mine" so to speak. So instead of bashing them, when they have clearly NOT misrepresented their product, make it work for your application, and post a positive and helpful Install in the installs section. That way when the next guy comea along saying it cannot be done, we can link him to your helpful install thread and make his headache a little easier.

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
CTKB said:

It is in the description of the product. You even quoted it above.

CTKB said:
"The universal mounting system includes 2 sets of mounts to fit just about any vehicle and the OPTION to permanently mount the unit to the headliner."

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
CTKB said:

Do you buy universal remotes and then complain when they have to be programmed before they work? I bought a star SVP ilb which is supposed to be a universal bar. But hey it didn't fit under either mirror mount because of the way the mount was. I had to come up with an entire bracket system. Not the bars fault. Go to Lowes and work you out a bracket bud.

Luis, please update the description to state that this bar is universal except for any vehicles CTKB may own /ENDOFDISCUSSION

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Oh and count Dracula, aka Luis, any chance of a mounted in the car video? Bonus points for comparing it to one of your light sticks like the 66. Extra bonus points for comparing it with a Pegasus.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
minig0d said:
Oh and count Dracula, aka Luis, any chance of a mounted in the car video? Bonus points for comparing it to one of your light sticks like the 66. Extra bonus points for comparing it with a Pegasus.

I would love to see it compared to a Pegasus.

If someone was to use the screws to mount the universal brackets would that be secure enough to keep the bar from shaking? That would drive me nuts

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Eric1249 said:
I would love to see it compared to a Pegasus.

If someone was to use the screws to mount the universal brackets would that be secure enough to keep the bar from shaking? That would drive me nuts

depends on what you mount them to... if you have a crossbeam up there that you can mount to, a lot of people poke a small hole through the headliner and insert a rivnut into the crossbeam and you can really get a good solid grip against that... its really all going to depend on bracket angles and such... all of these bars inherently have the same issue from an engineering/physics point of view... (except the Star/SVP bars)... if you use the mirror mounts you are at the mercy of the flexibility of that bracket that is extended out from it... like picture holding your arms outwards away from your body and then someone pressing down on your hands... you can't hold them very steady can you? the SVP bars attach to one set of mirror mounts and the front of the edge of the bar is secured to either the glass or the A pillar with brackets... its not as clean of a look IMO but they are much more stable... all you can do with the mirror mounts type is bend the bracket slightly so there is constant slight upwards and outwards pressure against the glass to keep them stabilized... but yes a little tweaking of the bracket you should be able to do so

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
minig0d said:
depends on what you mount them to... if you have a crossbeam up there that you can mount to, a lot of people poke a small hole through the headliner and insert a rivnut into the crossbeam and you can really get a good solid grip against that... its really all going to depend on bracket angles and such... all of these bars inherently have the same issue from an engineering/physics point of view... (except the Star/SVP bars)... if you use the mirror mounts you are at the mercy of the flexibility of that bracket that is extended out from it... like picture holding your arms outwards away from your body and then someone pressing down on your hands... you can't hold them very steady can you? the SVP bars attach to one set of mirror mounts and the front of the edge of the bar is secured to either the glass or the A pillar with brackets... its not as clean of a look IMO but they are much more stable... all you can do with the mirror mounts type is bend the bracket slightly so there is constant slight upwards and outwards pressure against the glass to keep them stabilized... but yes a little tweaking of the bracket you should be able to do so

Thanks. I just need to figure out which bar to go with? I am anxious to see some videos of the SNM bar.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
TX_Mark said:
Universal can only be so universal. There are hundreds/thousands of different visors between different makes and models. Universal simply means that you CAN mount it, but as with anything universal you will have to tweak it or possibly even make your own brackets! They give you a screw on option and an under the visor option, one of the two W ILL work with modification. Be patient and use creativity. After all, what fun is it to start a project and finish it with ease? I peraonally enjoy the challenge of making it "mine" so to speak. So instead of bashing them, when they have clearly NOT misrepresented their product, make it work for your application, and post a positive and helpful Install in the installs section. That way when the next guy comea along saying it cannot be done, we can link him to your helpful install thread and make his headache a little easier.

I value your feedback. I will have to see what I can do to customize the mount now (or I will have the installer if I go that route).

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
minig0d said:
Do you buy universal remotes and then complain when they have to be programmed before they work? I bought a star SVP ilb which is supposed to be a universal bar. But hey it didn't fit under either mirror mount because of the way the mount was. I had to come up with an entire bracket system. Not the bars fault. Go to Lowes and work you out a bracket bud.

Luis, please update the description to state that this bar is universal except for any vehicles CTKB may own /ENDOFDISCUSSION

I will either figure it out when I get it installed or let the installers figure it out.

You forgot your hashtag (#) by the way.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
CTKB said:
I will either figure it out when I get it installed or let the installers figure it out.

You forgot your hashtag (#) by the way.

you must be from the younger generation... no hash tag... / is from coding (html/XML/vBcode) to signify the ending tag... example in vBcode (also known as BBCODE as in what this forum uses) when you bold text on here for example... it will insert [.B.] before your text and [./.B.] after it... (disregard the periods I inserted those are just so it doesn't try to bold what I typed and rather shows you the code)... on forums people just use the / to signify the end of whatever text without the [ or < or { 's around it as a generic, rather than code specific... but of course all y'all youngns think about is twitter...

and when you GET it installed or let the installers figure it out? those bars generally you loosen the visor screws, tuck the brackets under, tighten the screws, and plug in the cigarette lighter... if you need an installer for that, no wonder we're having this discussion :) if you are having fitament issues take a picture of the exact areas of concern... this bar uses the exact same mounting system as almost all the other bars on the market and no one has had trouble mounting a bar in a charger before... and the SnM bar is even more adjustable than the other bars... I don't see where you are having difficulty?

Litebar-Bob

Apr 30, 2013
Eastern CT
I am looking for an interior visor mount LED bar that will fit the curve of a 2001 Ford Expedition windshield. I currently have an 8 head Dominator with brackets from a later model Inner Edge but get some flashback due to non-flush fit. I know I can make a cardboard or plastic flash shield but was looking for something that was made to fit flush to the windhield. Most inner bars I have found only fit later model Expeditions. Independent control of 4 red & 4 blue would be a plus.

Thanks!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Litebar-Bob said:
I am looking for an interior visor mount LED bar that will fit the curve of a 2001 Ford Expedition windshield. I currently have an 8 head Dominator with brackets from a later model Inner Edge but get some flashback due to non-flush fit. I know I can make a cardboard or plastic flash shield but was looking for something that was made to fit flush to the windhield. Most inner bars I have found only fit later model Expeditions. Independent control of 4 red & 4 blue would be a plus.

Thanks!

no universal bar is going to fit the curves perfectly... just the nature of the beast... any of these two part bars should get you fairly close though... the star svp phantom bars (ulb42,ulb44,ulb24 and I forget the gen1 led split model's part #) all have adjustable baffles as well (they slide forward)... but in all honestly except on the full length bar, I can't see that really making much of a difference... these lights have a "generic" curve to the front of them... get it against the glass, and if needed add a piece of door edge molding and flashback will be extremely minimal... even without the molding on a gen 3 led interior bar like this you'll probably have more flashback with the lights reflecting off signs and stuff than from the small gap... for a full length interior bar, the adjustable baffle may help some

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Sorry for the slow response but just alerted to the thread. I tried to be as clear as possible in the video stating the mounts will not fit every vehicle. Some vehicles will require a perm / headliner mount as indicated which is why we predrilled the mounts. I have a Toyota tacoma and the mounts worked fine. We had a pickup in last week and it was a good size truck and mounts were more than 14.5" so we only were able to use one visor and one perm. We considered going with only vehicle specific but Q&A showed most customers asked preferred the lower cost of universal versus a huge up charge for custom mounts which are not cheap to build and stock. I hope the guys who have the bars already are happy withy them and ill be sure to check the site and the description.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Oh and we might be changing the name due to a conflict with STL that I think can be easily resolved by changing the name even though we don't believe we have to. So any ideas would be appreciated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.