Strobes N More Interior Lightbar

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
Strobesnmore said:
Sorry for the slow response but just alerted to the thread. I tried to be as clear as possible in the video stating the mounts will not fit every vehicle. Some vehicles will require a perm / headliner mount as indicated which is why we predrilled the mounts. I have a Toyota tacoma and the mounts worked fine. We had a pickup in last week and it was a good size truck and mounts were more than 14.5" so we only were able to use one visor and one perm. We considered going with only vehicle specific but Q&A showed most customers asked preferred the lower cost of universal versus a huge up charge for custom mounts which are not cheap to build and stock. I hope the guys who have the bars already are happy withy them and ill be sure to check the site and the description.

At the time of posting I was very upset and still am somewhat but am getting over it. I ordered a vehicle specific Star / SVP Phantom Dodge Charger visor mount since it looks like it'll resolve the issue I am having with not wanting to drill holes into my headliner (I will update if this works). If this works perhaps a suggestions is that you guys carry some of the vehicle specific mounts in stock or at least add it as an option to order the brackets to go along with you bar (again I will post here if the bracket works).

Thank you for the reply!

Not a big fan of that phantom but I would just have a quality install shop make you up some brackets. It's not all that hard, and I don't quite get what all the fuss is over. I have replaced a few of the charger specific phantoms installed at another shop and I can tell you it was because the customer wasn't happy with the fit, rattle, and flashback.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
Eric1249 said:
I am surprised nobody has posted a video yet? (other then SNM video) I am trying to decide between the SNM, Pegasus and SOS

I will post a video once I receive my Star/SVP Phantom specific bracket and get it all mounted up and wired in.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
AutoDetailer said:
Not a big fan of that phantom but I would just have a quality install shop make you up some brackets. It's not all that hard, and I don't quite get what all the fuss is over. I have replaced a few of the charger specific phantoms installed at another shop and I can tell you it was because the customer wasn't happy with the fit, rattle, and flashback.

Not buying the bar just the vehicle specific mounting kit for it. Unless I am misunderstanding what your saying.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Mine is installed but not wired up yet. Fitment took a little bending and tweeting but nothing major. Ended up getting thicker rubber stripping/trim to help seal it better.

Overall I love the look of it. Will post a video once we wire it up.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
fireman29b said:
Mine is installed but not wired up yet. Fitment took a little bending and tweeting but nothing major. Ended up getting thicker rubber stripping/trim to help seal it better.

Overall I love the look of it. Will post a video once we wire it up.

I know it's not synced up yet but wanted to put some juice to it to show everyone.

http://youtu.be/vcLNfwUSHyE

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Got mine yesterday. All in red for the fire bush truck . Most notable feature so far is how low the height actually is . An inch high give or take. Remember it's populated with the mini heads and not the e6s.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
Mines getting installed on Monday by a local police officer. Can't wait! I will post a video of the setup once it's all done.

Will be wiring up the grill and interior bar lights desperate on my Whelen PCC8R and will be able to control the flash patterns separately that way using the control head.

Last edited by a moderator:

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
As promised;

SNM Eclipse Interior lightbar

Whelen Linz6 grill lights

SNM E66 rear deck light

All controlled with a Whelen PCC8R controller.

http://instagram.com/p/fwTeqkugvt

Overall I am very happy with the overall install of everything. There is a lot of flashback with the interior bar (for me anyways). I am going to attempt to correct this using some metal extenders I received with my visor brackets and see how that works. Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce flashback? A buddy of mine mentioned foam...?

Last edited by a moderator:

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
CTKB said:
As promised;

SNM E66 rear deck light

Overall I am very happy with the overall install of everything. There is a lot of flashback with the interior bar (for me anyways). I am going to attempt to correct this using some metal extenders I received with my visor brackets and see how that works. Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce flashback? A buddy of mine mentioned foam...?

That looks really good man! I like your flash pattern choice as well.

iceman4122

May 25, 2010
New York
CTKB said:
As promised;

SNM E66 rear deck light

Can you post interior pics of rear deck light? Need ideas on how to mount interior bar with the spoiler. Thanks!

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
minig0d said:
That looks really good man! I like your flash pattern choice as well.

Thank you; that seems to be the best one out of all of them. The "seizure" patterns overkill at night.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
iceman4122 said:
Can you post interior pics of rear deck light? Need ideas on how to mount interior bar with the spoiler. Thanks!

I will get to that and send them to you and post them up here.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Well the flashback at night is god awful. Anyone got any tips or ideas? It's the curvature of the shroud vs. the curvature of the windshield. There's a small gap right in the middle of the arch of the shroud.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
The flashback is also because its insanely bright. On the bench I put it up against the Code3 Intrepid with tri core modules and it was more than a match for that. Yes its got 24 diodes compared to 6 tricore diodes but if you use the Intrepid dash light you will know what I mean.

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
on my Pegasus I used some black adhesive vinyl I got for a few bucks at the auto parts store. It's all black but has a "carbon fiber" texture. They make it in smooth also but they were out of stock. You might try a sign shop as well.

Cut a strip with a sharp xacto or utility knife and apply it carefully and it doesn't look bad at all. I cut a couple extra strips in case I need to take my bar out and put it back for some reason.

Completely eliminated flashback on my Pegasus…except when the windshield is wet or dirty…nothing you can do about that one.

CTKB

Sep 25, 2013
CT
fireman29b said:
Well the flashback at night is god awful. Anyone got any tips or ideas? It's the curvature of the shroud vs. the curvature of the windshield. There's a small gap right in the middle of the arch of the shroud.

I used some 3m take and some extenders made for the star SVP phantom ulb24 (came with my vehicle specific visor mount I ordered. Did the job along with some foam; not as bad anymore and I can see!!!

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
sheazle said:
on my Pegasus I used some black adhesive vinyl I got for a few bucks at the auto parts store. It's all black but has a "carbon fiber" texture. They make it in smooth also but they were out of stock. You might try a sign shop as well.

Cut a strip with a sharp xacto or utility knife and apply it carefully and it doesn't look bad at all. I cut a couple extra strips in case I need to take my bar out and put it back for some reason.

Completely eliminated flashback on my Pegasus…except when the windshield is wet or dirty…nothing you can do about that one.

Exactly where did you stick it? Got any pics?

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_31_asygysu6.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. It's dark and rainy here. The flash brings out the texture of the vinyl though. You can see where I stuck it to the bottom of the bar and to the windshield. I cut it a little too wide for what I needed but I was experimenting.

Note that I removed the rubber moulding that comes with this bar as it was just getting in the way.

I used some adhesive neoprene pads (like for cabinet doors etc. so it doesn't rattle against the windshield.

Next time I will make sure the excess is on the lightbar side and not the windshield side. It doesn't block visibility it is just a little irritating.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
sheazle said:
aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_10_31_asygysu6.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. It's dark and rainy here. The flash brings out the texture of the vinyl though. You can see where I stuck it to the bottom of the bar and to the windshield. I cut it a little too wide for what I needed but I was experimenting.

Note that I removed the rubber moulding that comes with this bar as it was just getting in the way.

I used some adhesive neoprene pads (like for cabinet doors etc. so it doesn't rattle against the windshield.

Next time I will make sure the excess is on the lightbar side and not the windshield side. It doesn't block visibility it is just a little irritating.

Interesting....thanks for the help! Definitely worth a try!

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Go to lowes and buy some adhesive rubber or foam weatherstripping near the doors. It's like $3-10 for way more than you'll need, it looks good. Etc.

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
minig0d said:
Go to lowes and buy some adhesive rubber or foam weatherstripping near the doors. It's like $3-10 for way more than you'll need, it looks good. Etc.

Are you sealing it up kind of like the tape in the above post?

jhallgren22

Sep 8, 2013
Norton, MA
I just wanted to find out why on the SnM page for the light bar it says a 5 year warranty but if you read the instructions it says they guarantee the bar for only 2 years? :confused:

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
fireman29b said:
I know it's not synced up yet but wanted to put some juice to it to show everyone.

http://youtu.be/vcLNfwUSHyE
Any fitment issues you ran into with the Crown Vic? I just ordered mine and will be installing it into a '04 CVPI. Just curious.

Thanks!

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
slash9dotnet said:
Any fitment issues you ran into with the Crown Vic? I just ordered mine and will be installing it into a '04 CVPI. Just curious.

Thanks!

Yes, like any "universal fit" interior bar, there was quite a bit of bending, etc. to make it seat. I changed out the rubber trim to some thicker stuff to help seal a bit better. I still have a bit of flashback but not enough to really drive me too insane. I might get some black vinyl tape and do a little custom sealing up like some have suggested. It's definitely a bright product.

slash9dotnet

Feb 2, 2012
Conneaut, Ohio
fireman29b said:
Yes, like any "universal fit" interior bar, there was quite a bit of bending, etc. to make it seat. I changed out the rubber trim to some thicker stuff to help seal a bit better. I still have a bit of flashback but not enough to really drive me too insane. I might get some black vinyl tape and do a little custom sealing up like some have suggested. It's definitely a bright product.
Good, but I assume you're pretty satisfied with it? I read in here about weatherstripping from a DIY store - I might try to do something of that nature. I have a Strobes N More D-12 in my other POV that gives off a bit of flashback, but it's mounted up on the passenger side on the headliner, so it doesn't really bother me too much. This, on the other hand, might. :cool:

fireman29b

May 23, 2010
Guthrie, OK
slash9dotnet said:
Good, but I assume you're pretty satisfied with it? I read in here about weatherstripping from a DIY store - I might try to do something of that nature. I have a Strobes N More D-12 in my other POV that gives off a bit of flashback, but it's mounted up on the passenger side on the headliner, so it doesn't really bother me too much. This, on the other hand, might. :cool:

Yes sir....very much so.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.