Strobes N' More Triple Threat!

Rebellion

Sep 18, 2012
Orange County, NY
Here is a sloppy flash pattern demonstration I just made:

It was done with my iPhone 5S - Please note the iPhone doesn't accurately capture the light output when we get into the seizure patterns.. It does not look like that in reality. The video is also almost 3 minutes long due to there being 35 flash patterns (Plus me giving a decent amount of time to observe the pattern)

If my car wasn't still in the shop I would have also thrown up a video of it behind factory tint/comparing it two a AWL Pulse Two.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
How long did it take for you guys lights to ship? I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped yet.

Rebellion

Sep 18, 2012
Orange County, NY
kabsher8093 said:
How long did it take for you guys lights to ship? I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped yet.

Depends on if you ordered a color they currently have in stock.

I ordered blue/blue and it shipped same day.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I figured by now there would be videos all over the place of this light.

Anyone???

Rebellion

Sep 18, 2012
Orange County, NY
I would have thrown a few more up... But my local shop is holding my car hostage. Hoping to get my car back before the weekend. I'll be sure to compare it to a linear dashlight & show it behind factory tint.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Mine came in today, finally.

I'll try and make videos tomorrow. I'm still fighting off a virus so we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

yantic_fire

Mar 6, 2011
ct
I've had this light in my 05 trailblazer and 04 ram.... And boy does it move traffic during day or night. ..If I had easy capabilities I would make a video

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
I recently received my Triple Threat in Blue/Red/Blue. Out of the box I was actually surprised at its size as it's smaller than I expected. Naturally, I ran out to my car to check out the flash patterns and brightness and I was very impressed...this thing puts out some light! I will try and make a video soon comparing the Triple Threat to my Whelen Slimlighter. I've attached a photo to compare the sizes of the two similar lights:

Lights.jpg

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Here's a quick video I made comparing the two lights. I think the Slimlighter is brighter, however, the Triple Threat is definitely bright and packs a punch especially for its size. The Triple Threat is also much less expensive. I'm happy with the purchase.

And for those of you who I know are wondering, this is NOT how my car is setup...I simply stacked the Triple Threat on top of the Slimlighter for a comparison.

I realized after making the video I should have picked a different flash pattern for the Triple Threat for a better comparison, but oh well.

I'll try and take a nighttime video of the Triple Threat while at work tonight. Thanks for looking.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I think the "brightness" difference is more of a subjective one considering the difference in optics between the two lightheads... But regardless, thanks for the comparison vid!!!

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Why would you do a comparison without both lights being on a similar pattern? This variance accounts, at least in this video, for the slim lighter appearing brighter - it's flashing six LEDs at one time vs the Triple Threat applying power to each individual led in order of movement.

If you try it with comparable patterns you will notice a marked difference from this video.

BTW, thanks for the size comparison pics above. It really highlights the compactness of the Triple Threat.

Thanks again.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
I just got my red/clear/red one with the flashback shield. I will try to get out and make a video today since it's bright and sunny, and also a night video. If anyone has any requests for pics, videos, or anything like that let me know!

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Ok, got out and took a couple quick videos with my phone, sorry about the quality. These videos are taken at about 35 ft. and 10ft. away, respectively, at 1130am EST with the sun just over my shoulder, so pretty much in direct sunlight. The pattern going is what I'm going to use with this light to avoid a pink blur.

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s121_EMT322636_th_VID_20140306_112908_916_zps8fd9c6b2.jpg

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s121_EMT322636_th_VID_20140306_112844_187_zps7f27f654.jpg

Troop

Nov 14, 2013
East Coast
Surgicalcric said:
Why would you do a comparison without both lights being on a similar pattern? This variance accounts, at least in this video, for the slim lighter appearing brighter - it's flashing six LEDs at one time vs the Triple Threat applying power to each individual led in order of movement.

If you try it with comparable patterns you will notice a marked difference from this video.

BTW, thanks for the size comparison pics above. It really highlights the compactness of the Triple Threat.

Thanks again.

Yup, as mentioned in my post above I realized after the fact that I should have chosen similar patterns for both lights. Unfortunately I have already mounted my lights and can't easily make a new video comparing the two. Hindsight is 20/20!

I used my Triple Threat for the first time last night on multiple traffic stops. It's very bright. I haven't gotten the chance to run code with it just yet (slow night last night) but I have no doubt that it will get people's attention.

So far I'm very happy with it. It's small and compact yet very bright. The price is right and shipping was FAST.

I will try and take a night time video tonight.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
strobecrazy said:
Welcome to Youtube.]

I love smart a$$ replies. I meant with all the talk on here I figured more people purchased one and there would be more videos from members on here. What is this Youtube you speak of?

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Eric1249 said:
I love smart a$$ replies. I meant with all the talk on here I figured more people purchased one and there would be more videos from members on here. What is this Youtube you speak of?

:D You asked for videos and those are videos. :p

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
No videos, but a little bit of anecdotal information, and maybe a (possibly completely impossible) suggestion to put in Strobesnmore's ear.

My lieutenant got one of these in R/W/R pretty soon after they came out and loves it. He uses it on his car with an all red mini-lightbar on the roof. Having that little bit of clear in the middle really makes it pop, even in broad daylight. It is particularly effective on the patterns that flash the white center against/opposite the red heads on the sides. He told me at one point that it's so bright that he doesn't use it at night other than if he's dealing with particularly stubborn traffic; I don't know if that's specifically an interior flashback issue for him, and I'd be interested to see how the new flashback shield effects it, but that's beside the point...

That being said, I really think having a three head dash light with white in the center is a BRILLIANT and under utilized concept. It allows for the added pop of white light, but doesn't allow it to be overpowering the way that it is on a lot of two head dash lights that are red/clear or blue/clear. AND, the best part of having a three head, R/W/R or B/W/B (or possibly even R/W/B) dash light is that if you remove the white, it's still a very functional dashlight!

So I guess my suggestion/question is if there's any possibility of having something like a Triple Threat that is R/W/R, B/W/B or R/W/B where the white is independently controlled and able to be turned on and off for day/night or responding/on-scene situations? Because that would be awesome!

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
RescueWV said:
No videos, but a little bit of anecdotal information, and maybe a (possibly completely impossible) suggestion to put in Strobesnmore's ear.

My lieutenant got one of these in R/W/R pretty soon after they came out and loves it. He uses it on his car with an all red mini-lightbar on the roof. Having that little bit of clear in the middle really makes it pop, even in broad daylight. It is particularly effective on the patterns that flash the white center against/opposite the red heads on the sides. He told me at one point that it's so bright that he doesn't use it at night other than if he's dealing with particularly stubborn traffic; I don't know if that's specifically an interior flashback issue for him, and I'd be interested to see how the new flashback shield effects it, but that's beside the point...

That being said, I really think having a three head dash light with white in the center is a BRILLIANT and under utilized concept. It allows for the added pop of white light, but doesn't allow it to be overpowering the way that it is on a lot of two head dash lights that are red/clear or blue/clear. AND, the best part of having a three head, R/W/R or B/W/B (or possibly even R/W/B) dash light is that if you remove the white, it's still a very functional dashlight!

So I guess my suggestion/question is if there's any possibility of having something like a Triple Threat that is R/W/R, B/W/B or R/W/B where the white is independently controlled and able to be turned on and off for day/night or responding/on-scene situations? Because that would be awesome!

I have never been a fan of three light heads, but sir, I do like your idea. It's a out of box thinking that makes this place so great.

ransom

Jan 24, 2014
Maryland
RescueWV said:

10/10 would buy :woot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.