• Sync Looks Sharp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't Really Matter (In general)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just curious as to how many of us it matter whether or not deck lights sync...I remember growing up in NYC and seeing RMP's with their rear deck halogen's flashing in a synchronized pattern (Outer/Inner alternating).

I'm considering trying to get lights that sync for my new car, but then I realize how much more cost effective it would be with just buying lights that don't sync to each other (think two single r/w talons). Given that the flash patterns with LED's tend to be quicker anyway, how bad will it really look without a sync signal, you know? But I wanted the thoughts of the community as well.

You can sync any unsyncable light/any brand light together- as long as the light has a steady burn option. Purchase a external flasher (like a whelen, sho me, etc) and wire them all to that.

Personally speaking, I had the rear lights on my car unsynced for about 8 months- thought it didn't look that bad... until I synced them up.. Now it looks facking awesome!

So ya, sync the lights, IMO.

It's your car so I say do what makes you happy... But I'm very much for syncing lights when you can; I think it makes everything look more organized and professional as well as the fact that having more things flashing at the same time gives you a larger light footprint and having a better impact.

syncing your lights is a must in my eyes. looks alot sharper and cleaner, especially if you have an eye popper like white.

Un-synched looks unprofessional and like it was thrown together. The only flash pattern that usually works on un-synched lights is the super fast single flash. Since they are blinking so fast they look synched.

I agree and disagree all at the same time.

I like unsynced look on ambulances and fire trucks, when the App is equipped with numerous heads on the same level, such as a strip of 600 series LEDS on the front/rear of a box, as it ensures there will always be a light illuminated.

but there are some instances like on PD cars where each LEVEL of lighting is synced. but each level is unsynced with the next level.

I HATE it when every single light on a vehicle is synced. its too boring and plain.

cory y said:
I HATE it when every single light on a vehicle is synced. its too boring and plain.

You have to remember, warning lights are there to warn, not entertain other road users. Boring and plain doesn't matter if it gets the job done.

I can't find it now... but there was a study a few years back showing that synched was actually less effective....

I like lights on the same level syncd, but different patterns for different levels.

IE: Upper level syncd on pattern a, Mid level synced on pattern b, and lower level on pattern c

in my eyes i like a lightbar synced with grill lights kinda gives an edge and then you have everything else like haw,etc.

CenTexPSE said:
I like lights on the same level syncd, but different patterns for different levels.

IE: Upper level syncd on pattern a, Mid level synced on pattern b, and lower level on pattern c
+1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381