• Sync Looks Sharp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't Really Matter (In general)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BigDogg795

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just curious as to how many of us it matter whether or not deck lights sync...I remember growing up in NYC and seeing RMP's with their rear deck halogen's flashing in a synchronized pattern (Outer/Inner alternating).

I'm considering trying to get lights that sync for my new car, but then I realize how much more cost effective it would be with just buying lights that don't sync to each other (think two single r/w talons). Given that the flash patterns with LED's tend to be quicker anyway, how bad will it really look without a sync signal, you know? But I wanted the thoughts of the community as well.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You can sync any unsyncable light/any brand light together- as long as the light has a steady burn option. Purchase a external flasher (like a whelen, sho me, etc) and wire them all to that.

Personally speaking, I had the rear lights on my car unsynced for about 8 months- thought it didn't look that bad... until I synced them up.. Now it looks facking awesome!

So ya, sync the lights, IMO.

WTFD

May 21, 2010
Indiana
It's your car so I say do what makes you happy... But I'm very much for syncing lights when you can; I think it makes everything look more organized and professional as well as the fact that having more things flashing at the same time gives you a larger light footprint and having a better impact.

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
syncing your lights is a must in my eyes. looks alot sharper and cleaner, especially if you have an eye popper like white.

LED

May 25, 2010
New England, MA
Un-synched looks unprofessional and like it was thrown together. The only flash pattern that usually works on un-synched lights is the super fast single flash. Since they are blinking so fast they look synched.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

cory y

May 21, 2010
I agree and disagree all at the same time.

I like unsynced look on ambulances and fire trucks, when the App is equipped with numerous heads on the same level, such as a strip of 600 series LEDS on the front/rear of a box, as it ensures there will always be a light illuminated.

but there are some instances like on PD cars where each LEVEL of lighting is synced. but each level is unsynced with the next level.

I HATE it when every single light on a vehicle is synced. its too boring and plain.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
cory y said:
I HATE it when every single light on a vehicle is synced. its too boring and plain.

You have to remember, warning lights are there to warn, not entertain other road users. Boring and plain doesn't matter if it gets the job done.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I can't find it now... but there was a study a few years back showing that synched was actually less effective....

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
I like lights on the same level syncd, but different patterns for different levels.

IE: Upper level syncd on pattern a, Mid level synced on pattern b, and lower level on pattern c

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
in my eyes i like a lightbar synced with grill lights kinda gives an edge and then you have everything else like haw,etc.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
CenTexPSE said:
I like lights on the same level syncd, but different patterns for different levels.

IE: Upper level syncd on pattern a, Mid level synced on pattern b, and lower level on pattern c
+1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.