Tenafly Ambulance Car 43

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
It's.. HIDEOUS.

Found this online, looks like it's from a BLS VAC in New Jersey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
You know the siren on this thing is that new Ecto-1 tones on the new Feniex Storm siren.....
Do they catch ghosts too?

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Get rid of like half those lights and it wouldn't actually be that bad. I appreciate the sync to the front. I do NOT get those ghost graphics though. Total waste, just mark the goddamn car.

Reactions: Surgicalcric

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
theres no lights in the grill or the interior of the pushbumper to warn the bugs theyre about to be killed....

Reactions: Bill Boyd

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The ghost graphics are so you can stealthily sneak up on your pt and treat them. (After you shed the lights.)

Jul 14, 2014
NV
What a waste. Depopulate the rear of the lightbar, get rid of the white to the rear, no HLF, but a TLF and lower LED's on rear bumper don't light, unless they are aux backup lights. Hope there not taxpayer funded!!!!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You know the siren on this thing is that new Ecto-1 tones on the new Feniex Storm siren.....
Do they catch ghosts too?

Apparently. Also, listen to the theme and their video. Works totally! The idiots making the soon-to-be-flop remake should have cast that Tahoe for the ECTO instead of the abomination.

Last edited:

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
Absolutely agree what a waste. I hope they get a refund on the upper rear window lights on the passenger side, there's a red module is out. Anybody else catch this? If not I could understand, a lot of blinkies all over the place.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
This is a JOKE. I have so many problems with this:

Who needs a nightscan tower on an EMS flycar?!?!

The lights on the side look tacky. I'm surprised they don't have HG2 runners along the roof and running boards

The rear is a mess! Outer edge, lightstick, & (wasted) freedom inboards blocked by the lighttower

Slimlighter right above the RVM?!? I guess the freedom isn't bright enough.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
This is a JOKE. I have so many problems with this:

Who needs a nightscan tower on an EMS flycar?!?!

The lights on the side look tacky. I'm surprised they don't have HG2 runners along the roof and running boards

The rear is a mess! Outer edge, lightstick, & (wasted) freedom inboards blocked by the lighttower

Slimlighter right above the RVM?!? I guess the freedom isn't bright enough.

Not to mention that the M series on the front fenders look (to me at least) pointed towards the sky.

Reactions: firebuff17

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Not to mention that the M series on the front fenders look (to me at least) pointed towards the sky.

Honestly, there are so many other issues going on that the 700 series pointing upwards there (a problem with the Tahoe fenders) isn't the worst thing here.

Honestly, if they only had a freedom, HLF, 2 700s on each side, and the rear lightstick, the lighting package would've practically been golden. The pairs of TIR3s on the PB look horrible, & the rest of the side lighting is a big cluster F@#K; maybe if they synced all the side warning as red & blue in signal alert or even slow single flash, then it might've been half decent

The ghost graphics are stupid (as if we don't see the lightscan & freedom in the roof) & there's no reason for a marked unit (especially EMS) to ever have ghost graphics. IMO ghost graphics are something that only certain low profile LE units should ever have.

As far as the scene lighting, the GoPro is stupid to have since they already have more lighting than some rescues. The whole point of a fly car is to be a rapid response vehicle that responds to quickly assess/initiate patient care & then help the transport unit's personnel; it is not there to light up a scene or provide any other type of support service

HCSO K-9

Apr 18, 2014
Southern VA
I would have to do a little more digging to see if I can find the pictures, but I am pretty sure that is a former demo vehicle for Odyssey Specialty Vehicles. It has some of their usual setup.

Mar 25, 2014
TX
There's something like this that I've seen in Houston a few times. Usually parked in the handicapped spot at home depot, actually.

'10-ish slick top Tahoe with ghost lettering "EMS Supervisor" for a private hospital transport service....

Not sure what the point is.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.