The amount of fail-Ness is overwhelming

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'd agree with you. Something about Whelen's optics in these modules seem to diffuse the lightheads

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
blink blink here, blink blink there, thats the way the lightheads flash in the merry old land of oz.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Wow......just......frickin' wow......:eek:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Unfortunately, the default flash pattern for M-series for Horton is scan, so I see a lot of that mess at work. We have great lighting placement everywhere, BUT the patterns suck and I'm always so tempted to pull out the M9s and change the flash pattern to something solid (our older units have 900s and quadraflare 9x7s, so we didn't have to worry about Pingpong, X-patterns, etc on those setups).
What really annoys me in these units is seeing split heads flashing 2 colors together (why the f@#k would you solid flash a red/Amber split to the front?!?). It's amazing how the ppl in charge don't realize how much they mess up setups

Reactions: JazzDad

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Where I live, the lights at the front would likely be red, red, white, red, white, red, red with no split flash patterns.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
syn·chro·nize ˈsiNGkrəˌnīz/ verb
to cause to occur or operate at the same time or rate.

Example: They synchronized the lights so that eyes were not burned out.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
syn·chro·nize ˈsiNGkrəˌnīz/ verb
to cause to occur or operate at the same time or rate.

Example: They synchronized the lights so that eyes were not burned out.

the opposite of your products.... are these your ambos? :)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
At JDI we don't sync anything. Why waste that extra conductor?

Dave-O

Jun 11, 2010
Florida, USA
Wheeled Coach and Horton seem to be the worst with factory split-fail. The FD here ordered WCs in 13 and 14, and Hortons in 15 and 16. Only the front and rear lower lights on the Horton rigs are synced. I don't get it. If you're going through the trouble of syncing 4 lights through a flasher, why not connect all of the other ones? This wasn't an issue with the older Hortons that they had.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Horton, Wheeled coach, AEV, Leader, MArque, McCoy Miller, and road rescue are all owned by REV group. They are basically all just lines from the same company.

http://www.revgroup.com/ambulance-manufacturers/

That said, my Hortons all come defaulted to rapid double flash synched via the multiplexing. Horton at least still offers this as a standard pattern/option. AEV defaults to non-synched and you have to upgrade to avoid it.

Reactions: ff168577

Dave-O

Jun 11, 2010
Florida, USA
So 90% of ambulances in the US are made by the same company. I did not know that.

This is what they have in Jacksonville. Like I said all of the upper perimeter lights are unsynced. The grill, fender, and lower rear lights are synced solid single flash. Also note the mini-bar on the roof. I scratch my head at that one.

ai.imgur.com_lvKLx0l.jpg

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
So 90% of ambulances in the US are made by the same company. I did not know that.

This is what they have in Jacksonville. Like I said all of the upper perimeter lights are unsynced. The grill, fender, and lower rear lights are synced solid single flash. Also note the mini-bar on the roof. I scratch my head at that one.

ai.imgur.com_lvKLx0l.jpg
I don't like how the lights on the side of the box up top are not evenly spaced apart!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.