The Hawks

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Thanks to chief1565, I now have a beautiful Strobehawk to add to my collection.

The red domed Streethawk is a former Minneapolis PD bar and has not been restored. The Strobehawk was completely rebuilt by chief. The All-light Streethawk was a former Prince Willam County bar that I restored and put on clear domes. The middle strobes are original from the factory. The Firehawk was in disrepair and required a complete overhaul.

And of course, a few photos for everyone. Only other Hawk bar that I'd like to find is a red base Firehawk. I may end up having to make one though.

uploadfromtaptalk1421180608729.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1421180628059.jpg

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Thanks to chief1565, I now have a beautiful Strobehawk to add to my collection.

The red domed Streethawk is a former Minneapolis PD bar and has not been restored. The Strobehawk was completely rebuilt by chief. The All-light Streethawk was a former Prince Willam County bar that I restored and put on clear domes. The middle strobes are original from the factory. The Firehawk was in disrepair and required a complete overhaul.

And of course, a few photos for everyone. Only other Hawk bar that I'd like to find is a red base Firehawk. I may end up having to make one though.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a red base for you Tony. :ugh:

I still say the white base should have been named Whitehawk

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this bar,  but they are very easy to work on which is a plus in my book!

I like that Clear StrobeHawk bar with the sweeps its an added bonus...   As for a Red base Firehawk there is a guy on CL near my Parents in AZ who has had one up for ever but he never responds to emails...

Good luck on your hunt.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this bar, but they are very easy to work on which is a plus in my book!

I like that Clear StrobeHawk bar with the sweeps its an added bonus... As for a Red base Firehawk there is a guy on CL near my Parents in AZ who has had one up for ever but he never responds to emails...

Good luck on your hunt.
Yes, the sweeps are a bar feature. The Firehawk has them as well.

I believe I have emailed that seller several times, all without reply.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes, the sweeps are a bar feature. The Firehawk has them as well.

I believe I have emailed that seller several times, all without reply.

shboth.jpg~original.jpg

osc.jpg

There are some little known oscillating options for the hawks that I would have loved to make a front on;y "traffic clearing bar" with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tsquale

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
There are some little known oscillating options for the hawks that I would have loved to make a front on;y "traffic clearing bar" with...
In my opinion, the best oscillating lights offered were the intersection lights . . . the Dynarays seem to do a lot more glowing and a lot less flashing while the intersection lights put out a very sharp, bright beam. It would be cool to see how many different TCL options someone could stuff into a hawg, though. 

Reactions: stansdds

Benno

Jul 17, 2011
Germany
The Street-/Fire-/StrobeHawk collection is very nice. :thumbsup:   (just like the 44" Spectrasystem among them)

I hope I will find sometime a StrobeHawk (and a 44" Spectrasystem as well) for my collection.

... It would be cool to see how many different TCL options someone could stuff into a hawg, though. 
One of my StreetHawks has Intersection lights, one TCL (center front) and 2 DynaRay + amber filter (center to the rear)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I saw one of those Prince William County bars on a fire-rescue SUV once, even at night the center strobes really weren't that bright, but it did look cool. Funny thing is, they didn't bother changing the colors to all-red or red/white, even though Virginia doesn't allow blue on a fire vehicle, and even the strobes cut into the tailgate were split blue-red.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.