The Worst Police vehicles thread.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I have made many mentions of that bug jazz your too late.

its a special car called "the litter bug" for the anti littering campaign. It replaced a 50's era bug that had a full size all blue jet with a Porsche 911 engine in it.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
Just OH MY....... The TATA police Interceptor.... :haha: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

It's got the Yugo beat hands down.....

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
CodeMan said:
Just OH MY....... The TATA police Interceptor.... :haha: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

I see one use for this type of vehicle... Parking Enforcement! Might be an upgrade from those 3-wheeled beasts they drive in OKC...

Which is better?

18438604_SA.jpg

SMGUSER

Mar 31, 2014
SDCA
Chief Winters Checker Cab.jpg

This car was talked about several years ago by user "jswwjw". I have a few pictures of the Chula Vista car he was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMGUSER

Mar 31, 2014
SDCA
This car was before my time, but the guys hated it so much they used it for prank photos like this one:

tom basinski, dave arante.jpg

The guy getting into the car is of our detectives.

Reactions: JennyCop

SMGUSER

Mar 31, 2014
SDCA
The department had 5 of the cars. The regular guys forced the reserves to drive them. I've heard a story that one was rear ended by a Datsun 280Z and was totaled.

img195.jpg

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
lafd55 said:
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt272_lafd55_IMG_20130630_130443_zps8c6ea7a9.jpg
Even though I think all Air Force Security pickups look just the same.

It's literally required that they look (almost) the same across the Air Force. They are lucky to even have lights!

Reactions: NVFD612

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
True, but most "larger" bases have actual USAF cars and maybe even DOD police. Stratton ANGB (109th AW) where that truck is from is a very small base not needing much security.

afarm8.staticflickr.com_7368_11376492683_fe28c0cc19_c.jpg

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
This is true, but most of the cars are identical as are the trucks. There is a Technical Order prescribing the marking of security vehicles and law enforcement "sedans" in the AF. They really cracked down a few years back. Bases used to have pretty stylized cars but no more.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Hoff said:
This is true, but most of the cars are identical as are the trucks. There is a Technical Order prescribing the marking of security vehicles and law enforcement "sedans" in the AF. They really cracked down a few years back. Bases used to have pretty stylized cars but no more.

When I was at Lackland last year, they had a bunch of white Impalas with POLICE on the front fenders and in giant letters on the trunk lid, and the emblem on the doors. My guess is that's the standard layout, but if we're required to wear our reflective belts in uniform during times of reduced visibility then I don't see why the secfo cars get away with such a minimalist design.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
nerdly_dood said:
When I was at Lackland last year, they had a bunch of white Impalas with POLICE on the front fenders and in giant letters on the trunk lid, and the emblem on the doors. My guess is that's the standard layout, but if we're required to wear our reflective belts in uniform during times of reduced visibility then I don't see why the secfo cars get away with such a minimalist design.

First: "secfo" :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Second: It's all about money. It's a cheap way to mark the cars and it somewhat standardized the whole fleet...sorta.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I'm guessing that's about an 80-82 Rabbit. 0-50 in 8.3 secs? Crap that was slow, and they advertise it as fast. That lightbar probably added another half second and took 15 MPH off the top end.
Anything under 10 seconds was considered quick back then. A 1981 Plymouth Gran Fury police package with the largest offered 318 V8 had 0-60 in 12 seconds.

The national speed limit was 55 mph.

So 8.3 0-50 was indeed fast back then.

Class dismissed.

Feb 16, 2013
Idaho
Nash used for parking enforcement

Nash_L8.jpg

Unknown.jpg

user677160_pic88737_1339182030.jpg

strange_and_funny_police_vehicles_03.jpg

strange_and_funny_police_vehicles_04.jpg

Just when you thought you'd seen it all.

monster truck.jpg

These vehicles seat one and the door is on the front.

strange_and_funny_police_vehicles_22.jpg

images 2.jpg

strange_and_funny_police_vehicles_11.jpg

strange_and_funny_police_vehicles_17.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Those are all awful. 'cept the Metropolitan.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The Crown Vic monster truck is pretty bad-ass in my opinion. It has a all-clear AeroTwinSonic to boot!

Studgun

Sep 15, 2013
Australia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422476376.164229.jpg

How about a fully marked Nissan Tiida with just a siren and a single crappy halogen rotator dash light with split red/blue lens and mirrors as the only visual warning. Thankfully they're just for youth engagement.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422476642.884312.jpg

Or maybe the "bendy-bus" mobile command that's too big to actually park anywhere.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
The bus could carry a couple of air raid sirens.  :)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I'm going to propose that my department paints all of its apparatus in tiger striping!

What I would give for that black bus.  :drooling:

Reactions: tsquale

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.