Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
2 years ago we let a "KIN" tuckyan in might as well let a georgian

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
that can be done anytme. no special access required.

we were told that in a storm spotter class

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
anybody got a problem with July 22nd or 23rd?

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Im clear and will make sure to leave my calendar open for those days if it works for everyone else!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok lets choose from the previous suggested options...

45th civil support team (National Guard Hazmat Team.)

do a few tours in the boro, lunch at toots or hooters then smyrna

Nashville Fires stuff

Murfreesboro PD, Rutherford Co SO, Rutherford Co EMA, Murfreesboro FD, places like that

WSM AM 650 transmitter facility in Brentwood

Emergency Support Unit (ESU) of the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management (OEM) in Davidson County. ( volunteer agency in Davidson County whose primary responsibility is water rescue and recovery I was sent this via PM to see if we might be interested to go to this)

or suggest another here.

pick a few you'd like to do. We' need to get these folks at least a month of time to let them know when and how many folks are coming to their AOO's

i see that the activitys here are in about a 40 mile radius of each other so keep that in mind as well.

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
I might be able to sneak in a day for the 22nd. I have a baby coming, the due date is July 28th,so that is pushing it close. She's not known to give birth early,so shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know. I wish I could of made it last year, I would of liked to see where the THP cars are put together at. That's right up my alley. Just let me know what's going on.We have a bunch of installs scheduled the rest of this month and next,so hopefully I can take off, but may have to miss this year too.

Jordan,TCFD

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
ok so 5 folks interested but no one wants to name the places they want to go?

we are 1 week away from being 1 month out and need to get the folks in charge time to plan for a group. plus get info what we will need to tour those places.

post um up.

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Hey guys im game for whatever day and whatever you guys can come up with. Richard you have dne great both tours before and im sure this will be nothing short of great as well. Plus its more about the time with each other and stuff too. Im sorry i cant help set things up, my wife is 39 weeks preggos right now, so that will pop soon, and im packing to move to TEXAS at the end of July. One last trip with you guys will be fun. So lately i have been just lurking but i will check back soon and see whats up......

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
backdraft51 said:
its getting closer???

i see that but no one wants to suggest where they want to go.......

if we want another great meet and greet we need time to plan with the folks in charge.

come on folks get off your fourth point of contacts and pick already:razz:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
still no definite suggestions? dont make me be the one who picks. we'll be hanging out at walmart and eating at a mcdonalds.... :bonk:

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
I will be at the 150th Battle of Manassas in Virginia the 18th-24th. =( I aint never been to a meet and greet. I am from Buchanan, Georgia and to my knowledge there aint but only like 4-5 serious collectors or "light fever nerds" as myself on here. LMAO I wanna get out and meet some other fellow ELB members and see what kinda things they are doing and where everyones from.

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
well I am pretty sure the nashville super speedway race for the National Fallen Firefighters is that weekend and I will be there. So..... Crap.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well...

i think you can miss it lol. we'll only be doing something on friday.

Looks like we will be going to the hazmat team in smyrna, the radio tower, then back to the boro for some tours and lunch/ dinner depending on the time.

now the real choice is toots or hooters... :ugh:

blackcherryxj

Jan 1, 2011
Western Kentucky, USA
If it's the 22nd I can drive down from KY for the tours and such. I'm only about 2 hours out of Nashville.

Going to the CST is always good, radio towers are good too. Being an EMA and water rescue guy here, I'd love to see the stuff in Nashville.

Paul

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Get the date straight ... if we can get a few more guys together than can play music, I play drums ... can bring my kit and we can maybe do some entertaining while were down there, never know ... might make it big time!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the date is straight.

its friday the 22nd.

im putting in my request for vacation tommorow.... :D

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Ok,

Please post final plans on here and suggestions of where to stay.

Would like to stay somewhere close with the rest of the organization.

Perhaps the dates and times of the tours would be nice also.

This will be my first meet and greet from this site.

Looking forward to it!!

Thanks,

Darren

fireball3

Oct 25, 2010
Lyon, France
Hey Darren, I understand better now what you asked me, I did not read this thread.

:yes: Of course, I want to come! is what I want, but I'm in France! :sadcry:

From what I read in this thread, the meet and greet is organized every year. Later I would like to organize a trip to the U.S., and why not come to this momment here!.

I would be happy to meet qulques a member of this Board. :)

Keep me pork chops, for next year! :D

have fun!

Cyril

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
I can make some mean pork chops on the barbey!! Can do that for ya Cyril. Too bad you live so far away!! I didn't know you were in France!! That's pretty cool. I would love to come visit there sometime. :thumbsup:

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Personal opinion on the eating, lets do Toots. Hooters here just isnt that good, IMHO. Do I need to set up some tours in the 'Boro Jared? The 22nd is fine for me, as I'm already off on Thurs and Fri nights.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
pm inbound

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Ok, would like time of tours and addresses so I can make final plans for the trip.

Eating out ... anywhere sounds good to me!! Anything but liver and onions...lol. I'm alergic to liver!!

Thanks guys!!

May 29, 2010
Luminary-Frostbite,TN
backdraft51 said:
I can go the 22.

Craptastic Folks! With my new job, I will only be free on Saturdays and Sundays....son of a gun. :sadcry: :bonk: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :no: :nono: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :missing: :sick: :explode: :Banghead:

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
with the event being less than 2 weeks away. lets get a definite go / no go for a head count...

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
If we are doing the 22nd i should be able to make it. I am supposed to report to new job on the 27th in San Antonio.... So one last tour with you guys would be great!!!!

FireGuru

May 3, 2011
CENTRAL OHIO
Would like to meet some fellow eLightbarians!! Might bring some of my goodies with me.

If any of you guys play music let me know, maybe we could put something together real quick. I play drums. I am up for some fun!!

Still would like some times and place to meet though.

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Im open and free all day, count me in.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
time line is not yet definitive.

we are planning on meeting at the cracker barrell in Smyrna off of exit 66.

between 7 - 830 am to arrive/ eat.

9 am would be the official "meet and greet"

10 am tour of the national guard hazmat team

until......

lunch time..... / travel to franklin

time for tour of tower is still pending....

tower tour....

travel to murfreesboro for tours.....

tours in the boro.....

dinner and farewells ....

this will be updated as times become available.

is there any one else who will DEFINETLY be able to make it. We need a head count for tours and also to be able to determine what credintials might be needed for certain areas.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
time line is not yet definitive.

we are definetly planning on meeting at the cracker barrell in Smyrna off of exit 66.

between 7 - 830 am to arrive/ eat.

9 am would be the official "meet and greet"

until......

lunch time..... / travel to franklin

time for tour of tower is still pending.... (at this point in time no one wants to answer phone calls there so this may not happen)

tower tour.... (see above)

travel to murfreesboro for tours..... (will be time variant depending on above...)

Tour of MFD station 7 set up (they do swift water rescue, etc... as well as fire)

Rutherford Co EMS Special Ops facility and equipment (pending) (They do trench rescure, high angle rescue, etc...).

If any wants to in lieu of the the tower tour we can do another tour at the MPD dispatch center.

There will not be any maps as we will convoy from point A -B - C etc...

Also is there anyone else that WILL DEFINETLY be attending? I have a count of

Me and my GF

TNEMS7

Cook2890

TNFF412

FireGURU

backdraft51

and possibly JordanTCFD

I only have 1 more work day so after tommorow i will NOT have internet access afterwards. Hope to see as many people as possible friday morning.

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
Looks like Jarred has planned a full day. I look forward to seeing all of you and hope to have enough stamina for the entire day. (I had more back surgery on July 7 to impant a spinal nerve stimulator, so I have been under medical restrictions.)

We are confirmed for the visit with the 45th Civil Support Unit at 10:00 a.m. Central Time. Sgt. Nicely, one of the unit's communications technicians, will review the capabilities of their communications truck and do questions and answers.

We will need to stop at the front gate (with check of a photo ID) and then get directions to proceed to Building 551 off 7th Ave.

The town of Smyrna also has responsibilities for the airport fire protection, so if time allows, that might be another short visit at the Fire Station.

(Nice rigs, but nothing like we saw at BNA last year.)

See you Friday.

Richard

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Rutherford County EMS Special Ops tour confirmed!!! If needed I can set some other stuff up last minute I'm sure!

backdraft51

Sep 29, 2010
Tennessee
cook2890 said:
Rutherford County EMS Special Ops tour confirmed!!! If needed I can set some other stuff up last minute I'm sure!

sweet. That is one of the main ones I am looking forward to.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Ok so here's a more streamlined "agenda"

Meet at the Cracker Barrell in Smyrna off of exit 66, between 7 - 830 am to arrive/ eat.

9 am the official "meet and greet"

11:00 tour of smyrna airport

lunch time.....

travel to murfreesboro for tours..... (all other tours will be time variant depending on above...)

Tour of MFD station 7 set up (they do swift water rescue, etc... as well as fire)

Rutherford Co EMS Special Ops facility and equipment (They do trench rescure, high angle rescue, etc...).

any other quick tours we can get arranged like the MPD comm center

make sure you bring an official Governemnt ID. (aka driver's licensce)

looking forward to meeting some new folks, and doing another great meet and greet. see you all friday!!!

TNFF412N

May 22, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Guys,

I will not be able to make this one. My Mother was put in ICU Tuesday in Austin TX. I am headed that way a few days earlier then expected. Please take lots of pictures, and i hope in the future i am able to meet with you guys again...... I hope that we can get something similar setup in Texas as well.......

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.