Today's Beacon & Siren Haul

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
I just picked this stuff up today. The amber model 17 Beacon Ray was at a swap meet, and I paid $15.

The red model 173 Beacon Ray, Whelen Deputy, North American Signal beacon, Sireno siren, and loose Par 36 bulb were from a friend I have been meaning to see to get this stuff. I paid $125 for all of it.

The skirts on the Beacon Rays are pretty toasty, but the domes cleaned up well. They all work well, except for the Sireno, which I haven't fired up yet. As a bonus, I found out the Sireno was on a 1967 Dodge A van that was used as a light rescue for my former rescue squad, and the red BR was on a grass truck my former FD had, although before my time.

20130927_175810.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Nice haul! And your Federal 17 looks to be a pre-1968 small dome model. :thumbsup:

Crownfire

Jun 23, 2011
USA CA
Demountable version. Had a big wingnut on the bolt for easy on/off through the hole you drilled in the roof of your car.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yep, model 17 D, demountable, worth even more! :thumbsup:

R2knee

Mar 26, 2013
sw ohio
Now Mark we talked about this, remember ? You weren't going to spend anymore money. :nono: tell you what, I'll just come pick up those lights and we'll pretend none of this ever happened ok ? Move along people ! Nothing to see here. Just a little misunderstanding, everything's under control. :dielaugh:

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
That's a not a bad price for all those items you have there! I see that the Sireno is a high-pitched siren too.

stansdds said:
Yep, model 17 D, demountable, worth even more! :thumbsup:

Are they really? Well that's good to know! I purchased one last month but have no idea what year it's from. (Serial: 2P48F5)

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Wheels said:
That's a not a bad price for all those items you have there! I see that the Sireno is a high-pitched siren too.

Are they really? Well that's good to know! I purchased one last month but have no idea what year it's from. (Serial: 2P48F5)

2P48F5 = 12VDC, model 17-D, 1965. I would expect this one to have the small diameter Beacon Ray dome.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
R2knee said:
Now Mark we talked about this, remember ? You weren't going to spend anymore money. :nono: tell you what, I'll just come pick up those lights and we'll pretend none of this ever happened ok ? Move along people ! Nothing to see here. Just a little misunderstanding, everything's under control. :dielaugh:

Yeah, well you see how that went!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I haven't gotten a haul like this in years. That was back when I traded a Heliobe for about $1000 worth of Aeros and Twins and other beacon goodies. Boy those were the days . . .

Also, if that clear 184/284 dome doesn't have any cracks, I'd be willing to buy it.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
crescentstar69 said:
I just picked this stuff up today. The amber model 17 Beacon Ray was at a swap meet, and I paid $15.

The red model 173 Beacon Ray, Whelen Deputy, North American Signal beacon, Sireno siren, and loose Par 36 bulb were from a friend I have been meaning to see to get this stuff. I paid $125 for all of it.

The skirts on the Beacon Rays are pretty toasty, but the domes cleaned up well. They all work well, except for the Sireno, which I haven't fired up yet. As a bonus, I found out the Sireno was on a 1967 Dodge A van that was used as a light rescue for my former rescue squad, and the red BR was on a grass truck my former FD had, although before my time.

When you get around to playing with the Sireno siren....hold your ears. That's their version of Federal's 28H, the high-pich model. If it works well, it will really scream.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.