Tomar Lightbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark_firefighter

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
So I might be getting a Tomar Strobe lightbar in a trade for some of my household items.

I don't know the model number but what do these lightbars go for used, ballpark?

Also ... if I want to change the lense color do I have to replace the whole module or just the lense ?

ark_firefighter said:
So I might be getting a Tomar Strobe lightbar in a trade for some of my household items.

I don't know the model number but what do these lightbars go for used, ballpark?

Also ... if I want to change the lense color do I have to replace the whole module or just the lense ?

The Tomar full strobe bars go used from $300.00 to $800.00 dpending on condition and demand. I have a 930N, fully loaded in store display model, pretty much brand new that I've had trouble getting $500.00 for. These bars are around $1500.00 street price brand new.

If you choose to change up colors, you have to change the whole module since they're hermetically sealed. The only strobe modules from Tomar that are designed for "lense only" changes are for the interior Police Light strobes.

They were, at one time, the cats’ meow of a light bar. You could submerge the bar in a pool and it would still work.

It depends on what it has in it. Some of the bars were a hybrid of strobes and halogen, some with more of one then the other, some had rear arrow stick strobes, some were all strobe, some were all halogen, etc. etc.

I paid $135 for one two years ago. It was all strobe (13) and did arrow functions. That price included shipping from California. They aren't the bast looking lightbars but are extremely effective and very bright.

philyumpshus said:
I paid $135 for one two years ago. It was all strobe (13) and did arrow functions. That price included shipping from California. They aren't the bast looking lightbars but are extremely effective and very bright.

Considering how heavy these bars are to ship, that seller lost his butt on that bar! Must have just been happy to get it out of the way. I agree on the performance.....one hell of a bright effective strobe bar, and built to last.

I paid $700 new for a strobe/halogen mix. Demand for them seems to be up and down. I recently found strobe heads for $30, but I think on average they are $60. Most bars I see selling get around $300 for all strobe versions.

cajunblitz said:
Considering how heavy these bars are to ship, that seller lost his butt on that bar! Must have just been happy to get it out of the way. I agree on the performance.....one hell of a bright effective strobe bar, and built to last.

I remember when ya'll were selling those things like hotcakes. Went by the old Melder store/barn one afternoon and there were about 25 Jefferson Parish units with them installed and about 20 more waiting in the field. The neobe is almost hypnotic.

Bigassfireman said:
I paid $700 new for a strobe/halogen mix. Demand for them seems to be up and down. I recently found strobe heads for $30, but I think on average they are $60. Most bars I see selling get around $300 for all strobe versions.

Yeah, the one I have is practically brand new and I'm not going to take less than $500.00 for it. We all know how heavy these things are and shipping is close to $50.00 depending on where it goes. This bar is an all strobe version, but I have the dual halogen flasher option available for the rear center. I've actually got an interested party on it from viewing this post, so I hope he picks it up. I think $500.00 for a brand new $1500.00 bar is a good deal.

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5294_5456538362_c03867c6fb_z.png

Tomar bar prices are very condition dependent. They lose value really quick when multiple heads need replaced. I have seen nice new ones like this go for quite a bit recently. I bought one in rough shape for $150 shipped a few months ago. I wanted to play with the frame, I'll be selling the supplies soon. The bar cajunblitz is selling sure does look pretty and shiny ....

cajunblitz said:
Yeah, the one I have is practically brand new and I'm not going to take less than $500.00 for it. We all know how heavy these things are and shipping is close to $50.00 depending on where it goes. This bar is an all strobe version, but I have the dual halogen flasher option available for the rear center. I've actually got an interested party on it from viewing this post, so I hope he picks it up. I think $500.00 for a brand new $1500.00 bar is a good deal.

I have quite a few Tomar 37 series lenses, mostly in red but also some clears with assorted colors of half sized filters, if anyone needs to change the colors of their bar or PLII dashlight.

I remember when these first came out on the market!! .... I was extremely impressed..... until I saw the price!! At that time they wanted just over $2000 for the light set up I wanted. Kept my FS Jet.

... but I agree .. extremely bright and very effective lightbar!!

I got mine for a little under $50 shipped about a year ago… it's a 12-strobe with takedowns, alleys, rear flashers and a front+center pre-emption emitter. Beautiful bar, and even effective on low power. When it's on high power… WOW!!! I'd say I can get easily $300 for it because it's so complete… but, as stated earlier, the price rises and falls with the demand, which makes for a very interesting time selling. Not to mention that, even though they're indestructible, the head-changing is a pain in the ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381