Tomar PL 2 fuse

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
I just bought a Tomar PL 2 strobe light and it keeps blowing fuses in the cigar plug. Anyone know what size fuse should be used to avoid it blowing every time i turn the light on?

thanks

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
would be best to find out whats blowing the fuse first.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
I've tried other lights and they work fine. It's only when I plug in the plug for the strobe light. Maybe it's the fuse for the cigarette outlet?

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
are the other lights strobe as well? or are they led? have you tried the light in another vehicle? are you good with wiring?

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
im pretty good with wiring. It was working for a little while, then the fuse blew. Ill have to do some investigating. And the other lights are LED. I havent had a problem with using strobes in that outlet before.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
could be the accesory outlet in your vehicle and its wiring are not capable of handling the large load of the light.

have you tried running a wire off the power tip and another off the ground side directly to a battery to see if the light works?

worse case scenario, id be very cautious as to adding higher rated fuses to the wiring cause if the wiring gets too hot you might have a vehicle fire. Id step it up 5 amsp at a time until desired effect is achieved

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
i know the light works. It works for a minute, then the fuse blows. Ill check the fuse in the fuse box, but if thats not the case, maybe ill have to ditch the PL2 idea, although i LOVE that light.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
you could always run yourself another accesory outlet into the passenger compartment of your vehile. fuse it at 20 amps near the battery and run the light off that.

EMS10EMT

Aug 31, 2010
NJ
I could....ill see if the radio shack empties out any time soon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.