Traffic advisor, arrow, signal master etc info thread

RoadDawg.. I know on some Whelen controllers it can be changed to control a six or eight lamp array via dip switches.. just a thought on maybe why the ends act a bit shady.
Still doesn't explain all the extra wires tho. Good luck

tried the dip switches when I was messing with it. They do not control the anything but the 6 amber leds for the t/a. Oh well ill just part the bar out or try to see what happens when I cut the extra wires out to make it like it came from the factory

Hello,

I've got a problem with wiring and programming Whelen Cencom Gold build-in Traffic Advisor.
My TA is 6 lamp halogen integrated into Federal Vista Lightbar.
The first question is: whatever TA type (5 or 6 or 7 or 8 lamps) I setup in cencom gold programming software, the TA controller seem to light up all 8 lamps. The TA pattern displayed on cencom gold keyboard is always 8 lamps even if I program that it is 6 lamps.
Is it normal with concom gold or is it a programming issue?
The second question is: because I have only 6 lamps and controller has 8 outlets, which of the outlets should I leave disconnected?
My first guess was take outlets 1 to 6 and leave 7 and 8. But then I checked that even in 6 lamp program cencom still uses all 8 outputs.
It is important because in some flash patterns (for example Triple To Flash) the farthest left and right lamps blink 3 times and others only 1 time.
And these 3 blinks are on outputs 1 and 8.
So my second guess is I should disconnect some of other outputs, logically 4 & 5.
Am I right?
Is there any manual which describes it in details? I've go Whelen installation & programming manuals but no help in them.

Best regards

Hello,

I've got a problem with wiring and programming Whelen Cencom Gold build-in Traffic Advisor.
My TA is 6 lamp halogen integrated into Federal Vista Lightbar.
The first question is: whatever TA type (5 or 6 or 7 or 8 lamps) I setup in cencom gold programming software, the TA controller seem to light up all 8 lamps. The TA pattern displayed on cencom gold keyboard is always 8 lamps even if I program that it is 6 lamps.
Is it normal with concom gold or is it a programming issue?
The second question is: because I have only 6 lamps and controller has 8 outlets, which of the outlets should I leave disconnected?
My first guess was take outlets 1 to 6 and leave 7 and 8. But then I checked that even in 6 lamp program cencom still uses all 8 outputs.
It is important because in some flash patterns (for example Triple To Flash) the farthest left and right lamps blink 3 times and others only 1 time.
And these 3 blinks are on outputs 1 and 8.
So my second guess is I should disconnect some of other outputs, logically 4 & 5.
Am I right?
Is there any manual which describes it in details? I've go Whelen installation & programming manuals but no help in them.

Best regards

For your first question: Yes, the TA controller should still illuminate each of the eight lights on the controller still. This is because as you mentioned in your second question, it still uses all 8 outputs

For your second question: Yes, you will end up not using two of the outputs and I believe you are correct that you don't use number 4 and don't use number 5. I'll try to find it in the manual.

Thanks for the quick response.
So, what is the purpose of 5, 6, 7, 8 lamp setting, if it still uses all 8 outputs?
And what is the difference between Halogen and LED TA type setting?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minnesota_em_vehicles