vertex in rear bumber

smitty711

May 23, 2010
California
any ideas about that or other suggestions? will be amber/amber or red/red will also have led arrow stick in window of shell.

My first thought is "what's the point?"

If you are gonna drill into your bumper, might as well install LED heads, or possibly UFO LED dots... But Vertex...

I've seen vertexes being used on the running boards on the side. Same concept, but very effective, IMHO. Amazing off axis for such a small light. I say go for it!

Rear bumper of what, and why? Bumpers are sacrificial, I'd stay with a conventional location like the tail lights or license plate where they have some protection.

For a bumper, I'd stay with tape, or maybe those zooty reflective dots, something that can be replaced or repaired easily and cheaply.

ibby said:
I've seen vertexes being used on the running boards on the side. Same concept, but very effective, IMHO. Amazing off axis for such a small light. I say go for it!
A side running board is not a bumper.

I don't see the point of drilling in the car's body if you can avoid it.

first, what's the vehicle that you're looking to install them on? (i.e. a picture would be helpful)

i personally would not mount anything on the rear bumper; there are some people that install surface mounts on the rear bumpers, but i think that they are very likely to get damaged (whether the vehicle operator backs into something or someone else hits the vehicle). I'd def. go with a pair of linz6 on an LP bracket, and if u want vertexes, consider them on in the reverse light housing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381