Vertex wiring in Ford Escape?!?

KRC845

Jun 27, 2010
Newcastle, OK
Which would be the best way to route the cables from the vertexs into the vehicle from the tail light assembly since the entire housing is outside of the vehicle?

KRC845

Jun 27, 2010
Newcastle, OK
The existing wiring from the tail lights seemed to be under the vehicle. I only had a short time to play earlier tonight but I will get this worked out tomorrow.

towlercd

Jun 10, 2010
Potsdam, NY USA
I did an older model (2002) by drilling a hole through the sheet metal behind the light and then using a small grommet/silicone. There is just an empty void behind it that you can then use to route the wire up or down.

KRC845

Jun 27, 2010
Newcastle, OK
towlercd said:
I did an older model (2002) by drilling a hole through the sheet metal behind the light and then using a small grommet/silicone. There is just an empty void behind it that you can then use to route the wire up or down.

I routed the wire up above the tail light following the black seal for the hatch to the top/center of the the seal and ran the wires through an existing hole thats used for the third brake light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.