Video shows Orlando officers being beaten by mob outside of downtown nightclub

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Words cannot describe how much it bothers me when things like this happen. I sure hope the asshats who were involved got punished accordingly.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Im glad some of those people tried to help the cops. The person with the camera could have put it down to help... Nah, they would rather watch people getting beaten into a concussion.

Quentin

May 21, 2010
Lancaster, Nebraska
theroofable said:
Im glad some of those people tried to help the cops. The person with the camera could have put it down to help... Nah, they would rather watch people getting beaten into a concussion.
I think the camera guy help. It shows everyone involved and can be used as evidence.

chono

Jun 5, 2010
Midwest
This could have turned out a lot worse. Good job to the citizens helping the officers with those piece of s**ts!

dcfrmp255

Nov 26, 2010
South Georgia
If this does make national news, nothing much will be said.......If it was the other way around (officers beating the people), then the story would stay on the news for weeks, and their would be a whole bunch of protesting. :mad: :hopeless: Glad it wasn't any worse... :twocents:

Fyrboy5

Aug 25, 2011
Middle Tennessee
patrol530 said:
News reported a total of 9 arrests.

The problem is that's all they will get.. Thats BS and they wonder why violent crimes still exist. Grow a pair and punish the ones who break the law PERIOD. To hell with the "thats cruel and unusual punishment or Oh they were not in their right mind".

I hope the officers were alright and that they had a chance to "talk" to the attackers.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
chono said:
This could have turned out a lot worse. Good job to the citizens helping the officers with those piece of s**ts!

+1

Glad there are still some out there that will come to an officer's aid. I have often thought what I would do, seeing some of the "World's Wildest Police Chases" etc... type videos where an officer was in trouble and civilians walk or drive by without batting an eye...

I would be the first to run in and protect an officer (but then again I guess most of us in the public safety field are probably the same way).

Davidw

Feb 26, 2012
USA, FL
Kudos to those bystanders who attempted to help the officers out. Usually the crowd isn't that cop-friendly...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
If that would of happend in my town instead of 9 arrests you would of had 9 deaths all coming from my glock pistol.

I was trained in the academy someone punches you and you think your going to possibly black out and leave your weapon out for the taking by the suspect to do as he will with your defenseless body you start shooting Until the threat stops.

Agent72

May 27, 2010
US Florida
If this was in my city, every single person involved in that would have been taken to the hospital once all their teeth were collected, if thats all they got. The one police officer in the white shirt would have been compeltely justified to shoot all three subjects trying to gang up on him. It was obvious their intentions were to seriously injure the officer. Deadly force is justified in my opinion. IThat would make everyone think long and hard next time they think about taking a swing at a cop.

11b101abn

Jun 10, 2010
Georgia, United States
Station 3 said:
If that would of happend in my town instead of 9 arrests you would of had 9 deaths all coming from my glock pistol.

I was trained in the academy someone punches you and you think your going to possibly black out and leave your weapon out for the taking by the suspect to do as he will with your defenseless body you start shooting Until the threat stops.

Especially w/ blows to the head. They demonstrate intent to seriously injure, incapacitate or kill. There is no other reason to punch an officer in the head except for the reasons I mentioned. Strikes to the head get the gun or the knife.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.