Vintage Whelen Lightbars Up For Auction Memphis TN 6-4-2011

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
The sad thing is, they probably will get crushed.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
Someone needs to grab that lot. The 8000s have no metal to speak of so scrap metal guys won't want them.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
ford-dealer said:
Someone needs to grab that lot. The 8000s have no metal to speak of so scrap metal guys won't want them.

I think that someone should be YOU Dave!!! lol

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
PC Comms said:
I think that someone should be YOU Dave!!! lol

Ummm...don't know if you know this or not... but TEXAS is a LONG way from Memphis! :D

LarryC

May 21, 2010
Memphis/Lakeland TN
I was thinking about trying to get them. But, it is a well publicized auction and I don't have a lot of money or any where to store them. That's why I posted about them here.

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Does ANYBODY wanna go UP there with me? I'm gonna go!!!!!! There aint NO WAY i'm letting them get away. How much yall think they will go for? As brothers and sisters and a family we CANT let them all go to waste like that YALL.!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!! Lets pull together. Put some monies together and buy the whole lot and SPLIT THEM after the fact. Come on! WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
id go but we have a MARS/ TEMA FEMA training going on i town. Plus i got some yards to mow afterwards.

patrol530

May 23, 2010
Central Florida
Nice lot, I've got the room, just not the means to bring that pile to Florida. Plus I'll be on a cruise ship somewhere on that date. I'm sure some collector or aspiring fleabay enthusiast will be there to bid.

jtf027

May 21, 2010
Memphis, TN
ok guys, I talked to Larry (the OP). Im planning on going to the auction and bidding as high as i can....

lets start a contact list attached to this Thread, IF things go the way I want, I will contact everyone as soon as the auction is over. PLEASE PLEASE if anyone from eLightbars does decide to make the auction, let me know so we are not bidding against each other..... updated with list of interested persons

The plan would be to try to win the auction, separate and list all items, then basically divide expenditure by product.....

- LarryC

- Confederatefirefighter

- dakarm34

- lotsofbars

- Pimp

- ryan

- Keith K

- David

- cook2890

- Hoser

- jdh

- towman88

Last edited by a moderator:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I'll be your first contact. If you (or anyone else) gets the lot, I'd really like to know what there is and what I might be able to get my hands on. Thanks!

LarryC

May 21, 2010
Memphis/Lakeland TN
The last time I looked through the fence at the pile I believe there were a few advantage bars. Mostly the older Whelen bars. I believe most will still have the siren speakers in them. A handfull of the old traffic arrowboard bars with the single whelen strobe light on them. The only bad thing I see is they painted the lot number on some of the lenses. Hopefully the paint will come off easy.

Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Brother, its a 6 hour drive for me. If you need me too, i will come up there. Them sitting out in a field like that is a total WASTE. I dont know about the rest of folks here, but i am EAT UP with the "Red Light Fever" and have been a light nerd most all of my life. I wanna get my hands on some of them for my stash/collections. I kid you not. If i gotta, i will ride up there friday, and spend the night and meet you over there like the next morning. I aint got alotta cash money but what i got i will bid with you and see how we do or something. Ya know? As a community here, we just CAN NOT let ALLL THOOSSEEE LIGHTS GO TO WASTE!!!!

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
OOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR do what I did at the new york city auctions, and find the winner of the pile. Offer him X amount of money for a stash of bars. Example, I bid on nypd visions by the pallet. if I didnt win I would ask the buyer if I could get 4 of the 10 for say $35ea. Since the pallet of 10 sold for $200 he got half his money back.

I honestly can't see that lot going for that much since it is such a huge pile with alot of cleanup time for the buyer. But if the lot sells for say $1000. You offer the buyer say $35-50 for some of the good complete units and offer to help him load so you can dig and find the good ones then your golden. Since it is advertised as scrap, I cant see many collectors being there.

Clarence H

May 20, 2010
USA Twin Cities Minnesota
Put me in for a couple of somethings. Just don't get the auction frenzy, and jump at the first prices, wait until the auctioneer says how much is it worth to ya, and low ball him, you might get the whole pile for 50 bucks!

Clarence

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
OMG!!! Im in for something!!! Really want one of the bars, But Ill take anything! Including spotlights!!! And im only three hours away, if you need me to help with loading or whatnot, give me a heads up and I will try to make it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
My goodness! There were never this many people interested when I tried to sell my 80/90/8000 bars!

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
Actually I had no prices listed at all...

I'd love to meet up with whomever gets the lot for my own stash of domes and parts. I have plenty of LED blinkies to trade!

jtf027

May 21, 2010
Memphis, TN
first of all, here are a few detailed photos

there is a HUGE number of bars here, in various conditions. I have made preparations in case i can win the auction. I estimate there are;

- a TOTAL of 300 "8000 series" bars in various conditions, colors and combinations, some in very poor condition, most in weathered condition, s, and a few in good condition

- a TOTAL of roughly 15 Advantedge bars in various conditions and colors

- a TOTAL of roughly 25 edge bars in various conditions and colors, im sure mostly damaged

another "pile" has about 8 "5200 series" strobe beacons in blue (all but about 3 with broken domes), and about 6 of the PAR36 Half Arrow boards from street sweepers, there are also a big stack of Police Motor (cycle) pole lights here.

another "pile" has roughly 500 vehicle spotlights in various conditions.

I believe these 2 latter "piles" are a different lot number than the bars....... we will have to see how things go tomorrow.....

Photo467.jpg

Photo468.jpg

Photo469.jpg

Photo470.jpg

Photo471.jpg

Photo472.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjwilliams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.