Went to a muster today...

That last "Traffic Master" beacon sure looks like vintage Whelen strobe beacons!

I spy a MARS Aurora Borealis!

Sure are alot of oldies and goodies there. I like the Mars lights

I can clearly see the words "McDonald and" as the first part of the manufacturer's name name but can't make out the other name. Is it Armeson?

Anyone have more info on these beacons or maybe have one in their collection?

I have a nice one in my collection. Look at my collection in this section ( 100 PLUS BEACONS ).

McDonald and Arneson Traffic Master. 6 Volts. Glass dome. 4 bulb reflector assemblies, each with its own flasher.

The flashers are tube like. I'll add pictures later.

Dan

Thanks for the info. You can't really see the Whelen 8000 style optic lines in the pic of your beacon. Guess that's why I didn't spot it earlier.

I actually found and purchased one of those Traffic Master domes on eBay many years ago. Unfortunately, what the U.S. Post Office delivered was a box of broken glass. The box was not badly damaged, but the dome had not been well packed, so I guess it got bumped or dropped enough to shatter the dome.

I have a red glass traffic master dome that I picked up years ago, just never knew which light it went to till now. Its in good shape.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_redtrafficmasterdome.jpg

ChrIs.

I wonder if the people who run the fire museum know the worth of some of those lights… the Mars lights in specific. Wow.

The name is McDonald and Arneson. They utilize four individual pencil flashers to give a random flash pattern. The flashers are getting almost impossible to find.

John Dorgan

03crownvic said:
I can clearly see the words "McDonald and" as the first part of the manufacturer's name name but can't make out the other name. Is it Armeson?
Anyone have more info on these beacons or maybe have one in their collection?

Just one electronic siren on display? That's it? :cry:

Clarence H said:
Its an older, low tone interceptor, with alert.
Clarence

Are you sure? It has a 1970s chassis cover on it and I can see two transistors on the bottom. I have an Interceptor (with alert) and it has no transistors on the bottom.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381