Went to a muster today...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
That last "Traffic Master" beacon sure looks like vintage Whelen strobe beacons!

I spy a MARS Aurora Borealis!

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
I can clearly see the words "McDonald and" as the first part of the manufacturer's name name but can't make out the other name. Is it Armeson?

Anyone have more info on these beacons or maybe have one in their collection?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I have a nice one in my collection. Look at my collection in this section ( 100 PLUS BEACONS ).

McDonald and Arneson Traffic Master. 6 Volts. Glass dome. 4 bulb reflector assemblies, each with its own flasher.

The flashers are tube like. I'll add pictures later.

Dan

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Thanks for the info. You can't really see the Whelen 8000 style optic lines in the pic of your beacon. Guess that's why I didn't spot it earlier.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I actually found and purchased one of those Traffic Master domes on eBay many years ago. Unfortunately, what the U.S. Post Office delivered was a box of broken glass. The box was not badly damaged, but the dome had not been well packed, so I guess it got bumped or dropped enough to shatter the dome.

Lt.214

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Southwest Ohio USA
I have a red glass traffic master dome that I picked up years ago, just never knew which light it went to till now. Its in good shape.

ai839.photobucket.com_albums_zz312_ccr203_redtrafficmasterdome.jpg

ChrIs.

Sirenman

May 25, 2010
Tucson, AZ USA
The name is McDonald and Arneson. They utilize four individual pencil flashers to give a random flash pattern. The flashers are getting almost impossible to find.

John Dorgan

03crownvic said:
I can clearly see the words "McDonald and" as the first part of the manufacturer's name name but can't make out the other name. Is it Armeson?
Anyone have more info on these beacons or maybe have one in their collection?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Clarence H said:
Its an older, low tone interceptor, with alert.
Clarence

Are you sure? It has a 1970s chassis cover on it and I can see two transistors on the bottom. I have an Interceptor (with alert) and it has no transistors on the bottom.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.