What to do

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
What should the future of this poor site be? I was thinking of making it an interactive collector blog... but who knows I haven't been around in ages.

Dave F

Support Staff
i wasnt sure if this was a classic john late night rambling, or a legit question

i love the site as is, there will always be a need for a forum such as this, and we’ve built a great base with a wealth of knowledge here

however, i also realize knowledge cant keep the lights on, and i know theres a signifigant cost to running the joint. i am no tech guru so i wouldnt even know where to begin to make suggestions for driving
more funds into the pool.

so this was my humble .02 on the matter

EMT-BLS

If I may be so bold...what does it cost to keep the lights on? There are ways for the site to make enough money to break even - unless the goal is to profit, which makes it a little harder.

SEPD_52

Established Member
It wouldn't be popular, but to add to EMT-BLS' post... Depending on what the total cost is shat about changing the site into a yearly (or whatever term) paid membership site or maybe only have certain areas fall under the paid membership? There are a lot site users so if everyone paid a nominal fee I the user end cost would be low and it would adequately fund the website operations while allowing access to a wealth of knowledge and emergency equipment networking.

My unpopular 0.02...

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
@SEPD_52 there already are levels of paid membership. Opens up the ring, more message storage and one or two other things depending on level..

Silver, gold, Platinum

Jarred J.

Archive Expert
Silver Supporter
It wouldn't be popular, but to add to EMT-BLS' post... Depending on what the total cost is shat about changing the site into a yearly (or whatever term) paid membership site or maybe only have certain areas fall under the paid membership? There are a lot site users so if everyone paid a nominal fee I the user end cost would be low and it would adequately fund the website operations while allowing access to a wealth of knowledge and emergency equipment networking.

My unpopular 0.02...

And that's what I was reffering too..;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RFGROUP

Secure Browsing