Whelen cannon plug…?

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
Hi guys, I recently came across a Whelen Legacy that used this Whelen cannon plug assembly to go through the roof. Does anyone know what these are actually called or if Whelen still sells them? I’m sure they are expensive but I like this much more than a grommet and some silicone.

Attachments

• AC729F52-5F4A-4FFB-BA50-EA499A31B460.jpeg
    AC729F52-5F4A-4FFB-BA50-EA499A31B460.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 24

t24t1000

Feb 5, 2022
Fort Worth
Hi guys, I recently came across a Whelen Legacy that used this Whelen cannon plug assembly to go through the roof. Does anyone know what these are actually called or if Whelen still sells them? I’m sure they are expensive but I like this much more than a grommet and some silicone.
Never seen that before. I like that setup as well. Hope someone has the answer.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I'm not real certain that is a whelen specific product. Could be a custom or special request from a customer. Pretty slick though

Price is about 15-85 dollars for the set up depending on how many conductors you want.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Whelen used to offer a quick disconnect plug. They were standard on the Ct State Police bars. But since moving to the explorer with a slick top set ups, I haven’t seen any quick disconnects.

I have them, but no matching car/bar sides,
I have some new car sides and some used bar sides, but youd have to either get some pins to re pin it to match or to add wires for what you need as mine are only for the serial setups

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I'm pretty sure Whelen didn't have a proprietary plug fabricated, and instead used something made by someone else with their logo embossed on the housing. Check Mouser, DigiKey and the other online sources and you'll likely find it there.

Reactions: philyumpshus

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.