Whelen HSS2200

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
Yeah, I kind of like the hands free tones on the 2100 and the manual stop it comes with. lol I hope thats on the 2200 cause in the swps vid I saw it was back to the original

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
VolEms said:
Just ordered one from HPD84 for a costumer. I hope he'll like it. I just need to make sure I mount it in a way that he doesnt have to hold it in his hand every time he uses the siren .

So, what's the point of getting a hand-held controller then?

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Like Psteele said there man not be room to mount a full siren . In my case the custumer just got a Nissan Rough Suv. He doesnt want to spend a lot of money or I would get him a cencom gold. He does want a siren and controller in one unit 200watt. He uses his siren up to 15 times a day for volunteer response. I need to mount it in a place that he doesnt have to pick the siren up every time to turn it on. He needs to drive , talk on a portable and operate the siren . I will aslo make the HF mode on when the lights are on.

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
Ok so now I'm confused. lol

Or the Whelen rep might have just misunderstood my question

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM, John Kuzminski <jkuzmins@whelen.com> wrote:

All the tones that are offered in the HHS2100 are offered in the HHs2200.

Technical Support Group

John Kuzminski

Would have made much sense if I asked if the HHS2200 had the tone TONE from the 2100 lol

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
John has been the person from Whelen that I've always delt with... He's always been good about getting back to me.

I could have worded my last post a little better...

John is correct, all of the tones from the 2100 are available in the 2200. However, the 2200 also has the more traditional Whelen tones available. The mechanical tones on the 2200 sound a little better in my opinion too. I don't use them because they don't sound like they should, but they are better.

Falcon9 said:
Ok so now I'm confused. lol

Or the Whelen rep might have just misunderstood my question

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:19 PM, John Kuzminski <jkuzmins@whelen.com> wrote:

All the tones that are offered in the HHS2100 are offered in the HHs2200.

Technical Support Group

John Kuzminski

Would have made much sense if I asked if the HHS2200 had the tone TONE from the 2100 lol

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
Ooooh. Thats good to know. I will probably get sick of them and switch back to the traditional one at a later time. But its good to know I can also use the 2100 tones. I was thinking of having one button as the manual mechanical if I dont get a carson. I saw a cheap powercall r6(atleast I think it was an R6) so might look into getting that.

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
Falcon9 said:
Ooooh. Thats good to know. I will probably get sick of them and switch back to the traditional one at a later time. But its good to know I can also use the 2100 tones. I was thinking of having one button as the manual mechanical if I dont get a carson. I saw a cheap powercall r6(atleast I think it was an R6) so might look into getting that.

The HHS2200 also has the powercall tones. I have mine set up so the bottom 9 buttons are all different siren tones.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Hi . Im programming the HHSS right now. How do I make the HF work . I wired it correctly how do I program the HR? Please reply asap

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Anyone. The HF wont work. I did all my buttons . I put the 3 slideswitch positions for the lights and the 9 buttons as follows. HF, Man,AH,Wail,Yelp,Pir,Mech,Warble,Woop. Everything works great except for the HF to my horn. When in HF the Man cycles W,Y.P. Im trying to figure out where I went wrong. Please Help . Thanks

philter74

May 27, 2010
Nyack, NY
VolEms said:
Anyone. The HF wont work. I did all my buttons . I put the 3 slideswitch positions for the lights and the 9 buttons as follows. HF, Man,AH,Wail,Yelp,Pir,Mech,Warble,Woop. Everything works great except for the HF to my horn. When in HF the Man cycles W,Y.P. Im trying to figure out where I went wrong. Please Help . Thanks

I don't have the program in front of me, but check to make sure that the HF settings are set to positive (or negative) activation, whichever matches your vehicle wiring. What version of the HHS2200 software are you using?

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Thanks its a new HHS2200 from HPD84 I just got. Thank you for the Back to all ELB members including the PM's I got. I figured it out. HF is output 9 so I needed to activate output 9 when HF is on. I dont know why the default setting isnt like that . My wiring was good all along.

rural457

May 23, 2010
Rolla, MO
I'm having an issue with a HHS2200 I just installed, it will only work if my laptop is plugged in. This is the 4th one I've installed and never had this issue, any suggestions?

rural457

May 23, 2010
Rolla, MO
Not a single button will work w/o having the USB cable plugged in. When plugged in to my laptop all lights and siren functions work perfect. So I unplugged it from the laptop and plugged into a 12 volt plug w/ USB outlet on it (used for the iPhone) and it works fine... so basically it's narrowed down to the entire unit not working unless power is coming in via the USB cord as well...

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
did you check your dip switches? i know dip switch one needs to be in the on position this might cause that. i will try it myself and simulate it.

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
Well i just tried it and I couldnt replicate it. So i am not sure, might have to get ahold of whelen if you cant get some help here.

rural457

May 23, 2010
Rolla, MO
Absolutely, dip switches were my first assumption too but no luck. Will be making the phone call first thing in the a.m. And it figures that the install was on the weekend...

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Does that unit have an 'ignition sense' or similar cable that might have to be powered to operate?

rural457

May 23, 2010
Rolla, MO
No, or at least the first 3 didn't! lol This has me confused, it's not like it's pulling a lot of power through the USB cord, it just needs to know there is power on it.

Oh well, use this one for 14 days until the new one arrives!

psteele

May 20, 2010
43.864776 -71.635851
I had the exact same issue when I first got mine. If I remember correctly there is a dip switch option for ignition sense... Make sure DS4 is OFF and that you use the ignition sense wire to turn the unit on. If DS4 is ON and the three power wires are run to the battery the siren will remain on all the time.

rural457

May 23, 2010
Rolla, MO
psteele said:
I had the exact same issue when I first got mine. If I remember correctly there is a dip switch option for ignition sense... Make sure DS4 is OFF and that you use the ignition sense wire to turn the unit on. If DS4 is ON and the three power wires are run to the battery the siren will remain on all the time.

I'll give credit where it's due, psteele had it, I suppose a little closer reading would've revealed that. I suppose I ruled out DS4 wrong, thanks for all the help

ffjwhite

May 21, 2010
Bombay, NY
rural457 said:
I'll give credit where it's due, psteele had it, I suppose a little closer reading would've revealed that. I suppose I ruled out DS4 wrong, thanks for all the help

I think this has already been solved. It was the DS4 switch. Which was in the off position instead of being on. I said the same thing, but I mistakenly said DS1 instead of DS4.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.