Whelen Patriot question

RL1

Veteran Member
May 20, 2010
Ga
Is a Patriot like a Liberty in that you can simply buy more light heads and add them to it, or is there only a certain number that it can power?

I believe the max on strobes is 8 for the Patriot. Two power supplies with 4 outlets each. The Liberty's head are connected directly to the control board where the flasher is built in.

What about LEDs for the patriot? I would prefer those, anyway. I'm going to try to get more info on it with out taking it apart so I can see if they are ballast heads or not.

Thanks HPD. I wasn't sure. All the ones in the dept are the 4 corner strobe, 4 TIR 6 model. I'll be looking at your for sale page directly!

The patriot is set up for 8 strobes and is also wired for up to 12 LED's..... Trust me!!!!

Mine has 12 LED's and 2 rear facing strobes... just because I couldnt get 14 LED's..... yet!!

So Patriots are ALWAYS passive? What all 500 series LEDs does/has Whelen made in passive? 5mm, TIR6, LIN6, LIN8, LIN12 (corners)? Are any of them ALWAYS passive? I needs some red lightheads to replace my blue TIR6, but sellers don't always seem to know what they have for sure. It be nice to know if I can "always" buy LIN6 or LIN8 and know it will work. I have an 8 strobe/6 LED Patriot.

-mrburch24

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381