Whelen Rotabeams

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
Those are really fast motors. Are those 12 v? 6v will do that when you hook them to 12 v.
They are 12 volt. I had a couple of 24 volt rotabeams so i swapped the motors with 75rpm motors which is what i had ( i think standard are 33rpm) I have one with a 55rpm motor which looks the best.

kohan25

Jun 23, 2010
Oxford, CT.
Dan
I believe i got the motors from you awhile back. They are 75rpm and i have a 55rpm. Tried to contact you before but we never connected. Let me know a good time to call. i work 3rd shift and weekends so i try to get sleep when normal people are up.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I didn't know they came in that many different sizes. The light assembly in the largest one reminds me of the junior Beacon Ray.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I didn't know they came in that many different sizes. The light assembly in the largest one reminds me of the junior Beacon Ray.

Actually, the glass lenses in the smaller Whelen Rota-Beams are almost exactly the same as those in the Junior Beacon Ray, almost interchangable. The Senior Rota-Beam's lenses are much larger. All of the Rota-Beams have 3 lenses in the lens cage, the Junior Beacon Ray has 4.

Reactions: OliverD

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Actually, the glass lenses in the smaller Whelen Rota-Beams are almost exactly the same as those in the Junior Beacon Ray, almost interchangable. The Senior Rota-Beam's lenses are much larger. All of the Rota-Beams have 3 lenses in the lens cage, the Junior Beacon Ray has 4.
So how do the sizes of the various Rota-beam lights compare to the Beacon Ray 17 and Junior Beacon Ray? Is the largest Rota-beam bigger than a Junior but smaller than a 17?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.