Whelen's new LED spotlight

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
HPD84, it scares me at how low your prices are! How the heck do you make any money off your whelen products???? :lol:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Anyone heard anything through the grapevine when these would be hitting the shelves? Found myself of a perimeter the other night and it popped in my mind how the intensity of this sucker would have been helpful.

dm1208

Jun 17, 2010
Hey I got one of these and im not sure which one I like the led has a clear crisp WHITE color versus the yellowish color the halogen puts out. The led has almost perfect circle light beam versus the halogen that put out a wider beam of light. The led has a longer focused beam vs the halogen that just throw light out all over the place. In my opinion I would not spend 143.00 on it again. I would wait til the price drops. It is perfect for close range because it blinds the hell out of the violator but if ur searching an area id rather use the halogen. Once again just my opinion. Id rather use the 143.00 to buy some new led red and blues.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
VolEms said:
If you look at the specs on his Tahoe youll see the Whelen Cencom GRAY. I think this is the new Cencom from Whelen with a duel tone. Can anyone advise where to get it. I have not seen it for sale anywhere yet. By the way if anyone has a cencom gold Ill take it off your hands.

To the best of my knowledge, the CenCom Gray is made to adapter into the 54Ward voice activated system. It doesn't have dual tones... I'd love to have a Dual tone CenCom... As for now... just have to add in an additional amplifier if you want the dual tone :twisted:

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
That's Hugh A's build. Nice!!

I like the entire vehicle sync, makes it easy to track.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
Anyone notice that they are comparing the Whelen LED light against a 50 Watt Halogen bulb.

I've never seen a Police package spotlight with anything less than 100 Watt.

So if it's brighter than a 50W, is it brighter than a 100W?

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
ISU_Cyclone said:
Maybe a strobe effect flash would be cool/useful? If it isn't built in as a feature already for disorientating subjects.[/quote:jvlbna06]

yes that what I want it for... like on my flashlight with the strobe flash so on different situations it may become useful.. OR if someone isnt wanting to pull over put that baby in their side mirror and flip my switch to flash :twisted:

cory y

May 21, 2010
I think its boring and it dosent catch my eye as quickly as unsynced or semi-synced set ups.

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
cory y said:
I think its boring and it dosent catch my eye as quickly as unsynced or semi-synced set ups.

Boring, maybe... but they are warning lights, not entertainment lights.

cory y

May 21, 2010
True but I just don't like it. To sync the entire vehicle, its it adds a lot more wiring and work that imo just isn't worth it.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
HPD84 said:
so i finally have some in stock!!! my eyes are still hurting and yes its freakin bright :eek: anyone want one fast let me know,cheapest online :lol:

PM sent

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.